Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Timothy Smallpiece

Strange offer

Just seen details of the club''s offer to allow members to buy 4 tickers for the Cardiff game before season ticket holders are allowed to purchase. This seems to be penalising the bedrock of the club''s support. Why afford special to those who pick and choose the odd game to attend?

Sounds like a strategy to help expand the fan base and give more of our supporters the chance to buy tickets perhaps in enough seats in a row to enable them to sit together or something like that. Plus help ensure they sell out against one of the smaller clubs, either way, they have a ground to fill and in particular a supporter base top grow and have to try out different ways of doing it.

Regardless of the way the club have chosen to sell tickets for this particular game, I''m more than sure that anyone who wants to go to the Cardiff game will be able to go. The Southampton and Villa home matches ended up going on general sale and tickets were available for a number of days to anyone who wished to purchase them. Obviously the upcoming Chelsea game and the opening day against Everton sold out pretty sharpish given the opposition, but I expect demand for tickets to the Cardiff match is more likely to be similar to the Southampton/Villa fixtures.

Why should season ticket holders get it all there own way, Lets face it they pay the price of a decent chinese takeaway once a month interest free and think that it entitles them to first dibs on everything, Most of them leave early anyway i don''t know why they bother going...

Maybe not every fan can afford a season ticket or every home game. Pompous and knob spring to mind.[:(]

[quote user="thas a rummun"]Regardless of the way the club have chosen to sell tickets for this particular game, I''m more than sure that anyone who wants to go to the Cardiff game will be able to go. The Southampton and Villa home matches ended up going on general sale and tickets were available for a number of days to anyone who wished to purchase them. Obviously the upcoming Chelsea game and the opening day against Everton sold out pretty sharpish given the opposition, but I expect demand for tickets to the Cardiff match is more likely to be similar to the Southampton/Villa fixtures.[/quote]
Yep whatever the fears there are still loads of tickets available. I expect a fair number to reach general sale.
It''s not entirely clear what the strategy is behind this offer. I agree with Dubai that it could be an attempt to expand the fan base. Could additionally be an attempt to sell more priority memberships on the basis that supporters might fear that tickets will not reach general sale. Or it could be an attempt to ensure tickets in home areas go to home supporters. When tickets reach general sale they can and are bought by away support. Or it could be a combination of all three.

Like it or not, season ticket holders are the life blood of the club. Derided by stream-watchers and those desparate for a ticket for the manyoo game, but there you go - facts are facts. And yes, times are hard. Mucho thanks to him upstairs for making sure the St Chav''s collection plate is always full. Keeps me in fags and scotch.