Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Leroy Fer

Yeah, really good player. 
He uses his strength very well to allow himself tome to play a pass, which is usually perfect. His first touch is a little heavy at times but he almost always recovers excellently to retain the ball.
Have to give credit to Howson today, who looked very fast and agressive when attacking and was more than willing to do his share of defensive work. He could shoot more, but his passing was accurate and well though out. 
Tettey was also immense defensively, he''s very adept at using his speed to nick in front of players to stop the pass, and was vital to allow Howson the freedom to attack.
This is probably our best midfield trio at the moment. They deserve the start next week.

Had a great game today - I think I only saw him lose the ball once in the whole game!I also think Howson and Tettey enjoy having him in the team

I knew we were getting a midfield powerhouse when we signed Leroy, but what I didn''t expect was quite how brilliant is passing ability is. His ball to Hooper at Watford for the third goal obviously sticks out, and today he picked out some outstanding passes. There was one in particular in the first half when he fizzed it out to the right attacking third of the pitch to Russell Martin, finding a tiny gap between 3 or 4 Stoke players, which was an absolutely world class pass. Actually started applauding in my living room at that one.

Agree I am sure it was just the one mistake, as my missus squaked "who was that" when he misplaced a pass straight to put Stoke on the attack. But, other than that, he looked again top class and in a game where I expected Nzonzi to be the best midfielder on show, Fer different class and I agree a bargain!

Agree. He is pure class. Wouldnt look out of place in a top four side in the Premier league. His vision, close control and tackling is worthy of a £20 million plus player. The big boys will be sniffing around him very soon unfortunately.

He is becoming a very good player, well able to cope with the pace and pressures of the EPL. Surely his name is one of the first on the draft team sheet each game!  We hope that the  strikers come good, so when Bassong is back and Redmond flying again we should have a good side.

It''s essential that Fer doesn''t get himself booked too often. He clearly relishes tackling, but some referees are timid! Currently I think that we have the best central midfield combination in Fer and Tettey. The latter also had a very good match today.

Yes Fer was immense but Tettey had a great game too in front of the defence and Howson was excellent mainly going forward but they mixed it up well.

Can''t see Hughton changing these in the middle unless forced by injury etc. totally bossed the game except at the start of the second half when we sat too deep.

I enjoyed his interview with Sky Sports afterwards where he was asked if he pulled jones back, to which he replied "yeah, I did a little bit."

Couldn''t help but enjoy his honesty!

Well thas a rummun, you werent the only one to applaud that peach of a pass from Fer, i watched the game on a dodgy internet link but it was a terrific performance by Fer, Does anyone Know if he got MOM?...he should have.

Lets just enjoy having someone of his undoubted quality playing for us whilst it last because I suspect he''ll be at Arsenal or Tottenham by next season. Absolute Monster.

going to be a great player, but the leroy, leroy fer/daddy cool song is probably the gheyest thing ive heard sung at a football stadium

To think Utd spent 27 million on Fellaini when we got Leroy for 4 million.

Enjoy him while we can, he''s destined for bigger and better

The man was outstanding today, one of the best CM performances I can remember. He is the real deal and whilst I agree he is destined for bigger and brighter things than us, I also believe we will get more than one season out of him. At least 2. 3 if we''re lucky.

[quote user="iron_stan"]going to be a great player, but the leroy, leroy fer/daddy cool song is probably the gheyest thing ive heard sung at a football stadium
[/quote]

What did you mean iron stan?  gayest or greatest?

Leroy Fer against Frank Lampard next week - bring it on 

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

[quote user="iron_stan"]going to be a great player, but the leroy, leroy fer/daddy cool song is probably the gheyest thing ive heard sung at a football stadium[/quote]

What did you mean iron stan?  gayest or greatest?

Leroy Fer against Frank Lampard next week - bring it on 

[/quote]Has to mean gayest it is awful haven''t the yoof heard of Jim Croce FFS?Fer vs Lampard can''t wait.[Y]

[quote user="alartz"]Good business done there.

Certainly gonna be making more than the £4 million we paid. Come January or at the end of the season. Unfortunately[/quote]You don''t think we can hold on to a player we have only just signed for longer than 6 to 12 months? I have to say we will get at least 2 years at the very worst. What''s to say we can''t:A) Match his ambitionB) Make him settled and a key player at the team so he wants to stay?

I completely agree with the op. As for keeping hold of him well who knows. We could go onto do a Swansea and win the league cup end up in Europe and players like fer wont want to leave unless a big, big club come calling that is.... Im dreaming of course about winning the league cup! But my point is if we grow a bit more this season a la Swansea then we can keep our key players like they kept michu

Certainly gonna be making more than the £4 million we paid. Come January or at the end of the season. Unfortunately

-----------------------------------------------

I love having the bloke at the club, but if we''re going to sell him in january or the end of the season, I may mess my pants.

he''s on a four year contract.

that means it would have to be a huge amount for us to consider parting ways.