Sign in to follow this  
OxShireCanaryYellow

Starting 11 for Stoke

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Ruddy

Whittaker - Martin - Turner - Ollson

Redmond - Tettey - Fer - Pilkington

RvW - Hooper[/quote]
This pretty much, if it was down to me Snodgrass would not get a look in this week and Murphy would be on the bench to give him a kick up the ......

GK Ruddy

DL Olsson

DC Turner

DC Bennett (Bassong if fit)

DR Martin

DM Fer

RM Snodgrass

LM Redmond

AM Hoolahan

ST RVW

ST Hooper

Bunn, Whittaker, Bradders, Howson, Murphy, Pilks, Becchio

Ruddy

Whittaker   Martin      Bennett    Olsson

Redmond      Tettey     Fer        Pilkington

RvW      Hooper

I''m ALL about this team right now

There''s enough muscle/skill in the middle to take on the Stoke midfield and make things happen with Redmond and Pilks on the wings. Pilks will get back well and interchange with Olsson who has the extra pace and ball-carrying ability over an often-static Garrido. I know Turner is probably a better shout in some ways against Stoke, but I think Martin is needed without Bassong in the team and he''ll help bring the best from Bennett who I like. Redmond on the right is so much better in terms of crosses and balls into the strikers and this will only benefit RvW and Hoops. Pilks and him can always swap around if needed. I''d bring Joshua boy onto the bench too after he took his chance against Watford and to give Snoddy a slap in the chops so he realises there''s more competition and he''s not immune.

-----------------Ruddy--------------

Martin---Bennett--Turner--Olsson

Redmond---Fer---Tettey--Pilkington

-----Wolfswinkel---Hooper-----------

Same as other people really, just that Whittaker likes to bomb down the flanks which is great at home but with redmond on the right i would have thought martin would be good as he''s not caught out as much up the pitch with him (redmond) as he often leaves the full backs exposed. (although is exactly what we need, pace)

[quote user="York Canary"]                         Ruddy

RvW      Hooper

I know Turner is probably a better shout in some ways against Stoke, but I think Martin is needed without Bassong in the team and he''ll help bring the best from Bennett who I like.

[/quote]

You''re right, Turner is a better shout.

Why play our 3rd and 4th choice centrebacks if we don''t have to?

Ruddy
Whittaker Turner Bassong* Olsson

Redmond Fer Tettey Pilkington

Howson

RVW

*I''ve declared him fit.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]-----------------Ruddy-------------- Martin---Bennett--Turner--Olsson Redmond---Fer---Tettey--Pilkington -----Wolfswinkel---Hooper----------- Same as other people really, just that Whittaker likes to bomb down the flanks which is great at home but with redmond on the right i would have thought martin would be good as he''s not caught out as much up the pitch with him (redmond) as he often leaves the full backs exposed. (although is exactly what we need, pace)[/quote]

So really what we need is a combination...like say, Naughton?;)

Assuming Basso is out I would go with

Ruddy

Martin R Bennett Turner Garrido

Tettey/Johnson

Pilks and Redmond on the flanks

Fer

RVW.

vs Stoke it is going to be a tough battle in midfield so this will stop us getting overrun and Fer provides a realistic target for long balls, which you have to play sometimes to give more scope to play it on the ground the rest of the time, which I would prefer.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]RuddyWhittaker Bennett Turner OlssonRedmond Fer Tettey PilkingtonHoolahanHooper[/quote]

This.

I simply don''t understand some people''s problem with Turner. Has been class since his early problems over a year ago! At the end of the Villa game, 2 men saved all their anger and frustration solely to berate Turner as he came off. Aside from the disappointment of losing, Turner was no where near the worst player for us, can''t actually remember him doing much wrong. Again, I just don''t get the problem some have with Turner.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="York Canary"]                         Ruddy

RvW      Hooper

I know Turner is probably a better shout in some ways against Stoke, but I think Martin is needed without Bassong in the team and he''ll help bring the best from Bennett who I like.

[/quote]

You''re right, Turner is a better shout.

Why play our 3rd and 4th choice centrebacks if we don''t have to?

[/quote]

Yeah I know it does make sense to play Turner I''m just thinking more that Martin has the leadership and pace when Bassong is out. However, pace may not be the biggest requirement against Stoke so I guess Turner would make sense tbh.

As for your declaration of Bassong''s fitness..I pray you''re right! Though hamstring was mentioned, which would indicate longer out of the game. Just hope he''s back asap and that people like Fer, Ruddy etc stay fit

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Assuming Basso is out I would go with

Ruddy

Martin R Bennett Turner Garrido

Tettey/Johnson

Pilks and Redmond on the flanks

Fer

RVW.

vs Stoke it is going to be a tough battle in midfield so this will stop us getting overrun and Fer provides a realistic target for long balls, which you have to play sometimes to give more scope to play it on the ground the rest of the time, which I would prefer.

[/quote]

Not sure about playing our best midfielder out of his favoured position though. Kind of like playing Yaya behind the striker (though I''m sure he''d do well!). I think it''s better to have Tettey sitting and breaking up play and giving the ball to the attacking wingers and/or Fer who can pick his passes and feed the wingers/strikers. I get your thinking, but I just think we''d struggle to create as much with Tettey, Johnson and Fer all in there with 1 striker.

Assuming Bass is out (because with our club these days no news seems to be bad news on the injury front):

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bennett Olsson

Snodgrass Tettey Fer Pilkington

RVW Hooper

Although i understand Hughes has got them playing some better stuff i still don''t think stoke are the sort of side who are going to run rings around us in the midfield so I would be tempted to play both Hooper and RVW for this one. If need to be more conservative then maybe I would play Howson behind Hooper and have RVW on the bench.

Hey Reading,

don''t be scared but........

.....I agree with you! [:O]

The only possible difference is if Bassong is fit, then he would be in for Bennett, but otherwise, spot on my man!

Snake

RuddyMartin      Turner      R Bennett      Olsson                Fer      Tettey      JohnsonRedmond                                  Pilkington                           HooperSubs:BunnWhittakerGarridoHowsonMurphyElmanderRVWI would have Snodgrass looking after the bag that they put all the balls in after the warm up, then he can sit on the bench telling all of the Stoke subs to **** Off ther nay gonnae hiv it!

Not my choice, but this is how I expect Hughton to go following Saturdays/last nights games:                                   Ruddy                 Martin  Turner  Bennett    Olsson                                 Fer Tettey                                 HowsonSnodgrass                                                     Pilkington

V. WolfswinkelMuch as I would like Hooper and Redmond to start can''t see it as they both played 120 mins + midweek. I do expect however, Hughton to change it up if things aren''t going well, and it''s never bad having in-form attacking players coming of the bench when defenders get tired

Ruddy                   Whittaker  Turner   Bennett   Olsson                                       Fer   Johnson                          Redmond   Hoolahan   Murphy                                         Hooper

Can''t see how anybody has hoolahan near the starting 11 after his performance at Watford. Took far too long on the ball, and even when he beat his man he decided to turn and try to beat him again. Also Murphy coming off the bench against a championship team doesn''t warrant a start in the premier league considering the wingers we already have. Pilks is back fit, Murphy needs a loan out and game time. Tettey had a good game and fer was different class. Olsson far better at LB than LM and better than garrido IMO. I''d give RvW and hooper the nod providing he''s fit. Doesn''t have to be a rigid 442 just because its how it looks on the team sheet. Either can get back and positions can be switched

Ruddy

Whittaker bassong/Martin turner olsson

Redmond fer tettey pilks

Hooper RvW

Ruddy

Whittaker   Martin   Turner   Olsson

Tettey

Fer      Hoolahan

Snodgrass                             Pilkington

Hooper

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond Tettey Fer Pilkington

RVW

Hooper

I think RVW could place that killer ball to hooper or swap the two around.

Snodgrass goes to the bench for his shite performances and taking a penalty which wasn''t his to take[/quote]

I don''t get why you think RVW can play the number 10 role? He''s game is not getting the ball and threading killer passes, he plays off the shoulder of the last defender and always looks to run behind. RVW doesn''t like to see much of the ball, it''s not his game.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Which is why I said swap hooper and RVW around if not, if we dont play hooper behind rvw then I think we should use howson.[/quote]

Still don''t see hooper as a number 10 either. I think there both your classic out and out striker. Unless you just push both up in a traditional 4-4-2, but I''m not sure they will work that well togther. I think their both a bit similar.