Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................

Nigel - this is really quite sad. I have made no personal comments directly against anybody. What I made was a general comment regarding negative comments made towards other posters. I am not buddies with Robert but you seem to keep inferring that we both are and we are part of a conspiracy to undermine you. That is not the case.

You are absolutely right the forum is not about you. It is for discussion about something that we all feel passionate about - ie our team. There are those that seem to think it is their forum and the opinions of others do not seem to be welcome.

[quote user="Jem"]Sorry to be negative but it is because of the responses to this post by Messrs Mullins & Nigel that I choose to rarely contribute myself. It appears that a well structured argument will get put down if it is not the view of one of the many prolific posters on this board. For my part I have not yawned once reading your post and, with the benefit of having attended Carrow Road for over 42 years, have to agree with a lot of your comments[/quote]

Really.

If you hadn''t made it personal we wouldn''t still be doing this would we Jem.

Play the posts not the poster.

But Nigel it wasn''t a personal attack against you - it was a general comment with specific reference to two negative comments. If it were a personal attack then there would have been derogatory comments at you - there were not. Your comment was negative and I referred to it. I fail to see how this constitutes a personal attack?

Jem,Certain posters breathing constitutes a personal attack for some on here. You should see the co-ordinated rubbish that LDC has to endure which more often than not is very much playing the man and not the ball.

[quote user="Jem"]Nigel - am certainly not picking a fight with anybody. Were I to want to do that I would have used far more inflammatory language and maybe even use provocative statements which I don''t think I''ve done. What I have said is that there are a great deal of regular posters on the board who appear to decry the input of anybody other than themselves and their forum pals which tends to prevent others from adding to the board as they will merely be put down as is the case with this post.

Also, as an aside, I did not say I rarely come on here, the converse is true, I said I choose to rarely contribute. A subtle but very important difference.[/quote]

Apart from me what else have you posted about this season Jem?

Oh.. and Louis, like Jem''s inference that I decry the input of anyone but myself your infderence is that I attack LDC. In both instances it should be possible to link so that I understand what you''re on about...

Ok nn, now you''re reading things that aren''t there. Louis Cypher is 100% correct about the attacks directed at LDC, but in no way did he suggest any of it came from you. He was giving an example, nothing more.

At lesst, that''s what it looks like to me.

Nigel - you really need to get over your paranoia.

Re your question I refer you to my opening post..................

Nigel - you really need to get over your paranoia. I was not posting about you.

Re your question I refer you to my opening post..................

It''s not paranoia Jem. I love the attention. Really.

So you''ve posted about nothing all season except me! That''ll help me get over Houston...

Nope.. so what else have you posted on this season apart from this conversation with me which is not about me Jem[:^)]

About Hughton? Signings? Board? Tactics? Goals? Mistakes?

Anything except me/other posters?

Mind you.. it''s great for my ego[Y]

Has it occurred to you that Jem has very right to express his opinions. Thankfully there is no requirement to have a high post count to be able to choose when and in regard to what subject someone posts. Personally, I cant see any ''personal attack'' and I think Jem has been quite restrained and placatory in the way he has responded.

Louise - but you see that the postings are merely serving to prove exactly my point in the first place

Nigel - clearly you missed my original point so I will try and repeat it in a different way. I rarely post just because of this sort of banality and the fact that if a posters view does not conform to those of the majority then they are put down

[quote user="Jem"]Louise - but you see that the postings are merely serving to prove exactly my point in the first place Nigel - clearly you missed my original point so I will try and repeat it in a different way. I rarely post just because of this sort of banality and the fact that if a posters view does not conform to those of the majority then they are put down[/quote]

Jem, that is a bit drastic, but perhaps needed  on one or two posters

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Has it occurred to you that Jem has very right to express his opinions. Thankfully there is no requirement to have a high post count to be able to choose when and in regard to what subject someone posts. Personally, I cant see any ''personal attack'' and I think Jem has been quite restrained and placatory in the way he has responded. [/quote]I too cannot see how this has turned into a personal attack on someone. I also cannot see how this thread has managed to keep going?

[quote user="Jem"]Louise - but you see that the postings are merely serving to prove exactly my point in the first place

Nigel - clearly you missed my original point so I will try and repeat it in a different way. I rarely post just because of this sort of banality and the fact that if a posters view does not conform to those of the majority then they are put down[/quote]

I still don''t get the point.

Is it that you rarely post because of threads like the only one you''re posting on[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jem"]Louise - but you see that the postings are merely serving to prove exactly my point in the first place

Nigel - clearly you missed my original point so I will try and repeat it in a different way. I rarely post just because of this sort of banality and the fact that if a posters view does not conform to those of the majority then they are put down[/quote]

Is it that you rarely post because of threads like the only one you''re posting on[:^)]

[/quote]

Very good - Now that did make me laugh. No hidden agendas or meanings in my response Nigel so please don''t look for them. That was funny

[quote user="Jem"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Very good - Now that did make me laugh. No hidden agendas or meanings in my response Nigel so please don''t look for them. That was funny[/quote]

Humour on this board can be it''s saving grace Jem buddy[Y]

Louise was a slip caused by damned autocorrect which I hadn''t even noticed until now

Sorry Louis

Now, now dad. How many times do I have to tell you not to push yourself too hard when the ''usual suspects'' come out?

Do this too many times and I might need to get you a doctor. One that is proud enough to display his title anywhere...

Well I am confused,so are you telling me that Louis is also Louise and that sometimes it is a male using the Cyphre account and another time it is a female......no surely not,whoever would do that ?

"Bw''s Cat " posted: Now, now dad. How many times do I have to tell you not to push yourself too hard when the ''usual suspects'' come out?

Do this too many times and I might need to get you a doctor. One that is proud enough to display his title anywhere...

Now, now don''t bring me into it. I''m loving all this ''play the post not the poster'' twaddle - hypocrisy of the highest order. Most entertaining thread for some time.

Just read the thread for the first time. Hilarious, seriously. There was a time when serial posters had the upper hand.... perhaps only in their own heads, who knows. The tides a turning :)