Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................

I am getting sick and tired of every pro-Hughton supporter coming out with the same rubbish about the expectations of people who have had enough of Hughton. The arguement is the same every time.NOT EVERY HOBNOB (sic) THINKS WE SHOULD WIN EVERY GAME 3-0 or 4-0. NOT EVERY HOBNOB EXPECTS US TO GO TO TOTTENHAM AND BEAT A TEAM CONTENDING FOR THE TITLE. NOT EVERY HOBNOB EXPECTS US TO CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE BECAUSE WE SPENT A BIT MORE MONEY THAN NORMALWhat we all expect from a Football team, that we pay our hard earned money to watch (both live and on the TV), is a bit of bloody passion and belief that they might just give a little bit of a go. Instead, the moment we criticise, you churn out the same old arguments time and time again. As a fee paying supporter I expect at the minimum, a hint that the Manager and the Team actually care about this football club. I don''t expect 3 points every game or us to challenge for the title. Sadly, I will be attacked for my supposed "Unrealistic" expectations and condemned as a HOBNOB and probably not a true loyal supporter. You know what, I don''t care. When we are back in the Championship next season still churning out 2-3 shots on Target a game then I will still painfully watch. Because no matter what, I love Norwich City Football Club. I just wish the Manager and Players thought the same

[quote user="CDMullins"]Yawn[/quote]You''re right. It is boring. I heard all the same arguments about why Hughton is superb before too

Well thought out, measured post, sure ive read something similar,Oh yes, every single thread on this page.Congratulations

Did you just make that up Robert or does every pro-Hughton supporter come out with that?

In fact does anyone come out with that?

When I read the word HOBNOB I thought this was going to be a well balanced discussion concerning the many pros and cons of Britains third favorite tea dunking 11 o clock biscuit treats but alas it''s yet another Hughton quandary. Oh well nothing to see here, please move along.

LOL

You are a card Houston[Y]

The semantics is the only thing that is not a point made on nearly every thread on the front page.

Sorry to be negative but it is because of the responses to this post by Messrs Mullins & Nigel that I choose to rarely contribute myself. It appears that a well structured argument will get put down if it is not the view of one of the many prolific posters on this board. For my part I have not yawned once reading your post and, with the benefit of having attended Carrow Road for over 42 years, have to agree with a lot of your comments

It is boring, it''s like listening to the outers who moan about him worrying too much about the oppo and setting up too defensively away from home, then advocating we drop Whittaker for Martin and bring in Olsson for Garrido because Martin is better defensively and Olsson''s pace would nullify Villa - for a HOME game.

As boring as the people moaning about our ball retention statistics then criticising our performance against Villa saying we needed to "get it forward" quicker.

As boring as the people saying Wes is wasteful in possession 3 or 4 weeks ago, then deciding that he is the "answer" post Villa game.

As boring as our own fans saying we were crap against Villa an MOTD2 praising the performance of Guzan to the hilt.

As boring as our fans that said Spurs only looked good because we "let them" and then don''t acknowledge the fact that they went AWAY to Cardiff and did exactly the same to them.

As boring as our fans that lay every bad result at Hughtons door but offer excuses for good results, excuses that excuse Hughton from any responsibility.

As boring as our fans that a few weeks ago didn''t care about results, just the style an brand of football we were playing, then following a performance against Villa - open and full of intent - cite a record of 5 wins in 26 games as the stick to beat the manager with....but the results aren''t the issue....

So yeah, it is f***ing boring.

Mullins was less direct but nigel you focussed on the over exaggeration. But it is a dying horse, topic-wise until something happens.

Is HOBNOB an acronym specific to the Hughton situation? It''s appeared in 2 or 3 threads very recently.

[quote user="Jem"]Sorry to be negative but it is because of the responses to this post by Messrs Mullins & Nigel that I choose to rarely contribute myself. It appears that a well structured argument will get put down if it is not the view of one of the many prolific posters on this board. For my part I have not yawned once reading your post and, with the benefit of having attended Carrow Road for over 42 years, have to agree with a lot of your comments[/quote]It may be that, but there are 30 others directly below this saying the exact same thing.Same old negativity and moaning, over and over and over again

[quote user="Jem"]Sorry to be negative but it is because of the responses to this post by Messrs Mullins & Nigel that I choose to rarely contribute myself. It appears that a well structured argument will get put down if it is not the view of one of the many prolific posters on this board. For my part I have not yawned once reading your post and, with the benefit of having attended Carrow Road for over 42 years, have to agree with a lot of your comments[/quote]

Why on earth would a poster who rarely contributes come on here to pick a fight with other posters.

Jem.. your buddy Robert[:O] started a thread to pick a fight with other posters/fans not to express his point of view. Read it again. Somewhere in there he makes a point. A point he could have made without being ultra confrontational.

Houston.. I have no idea what HOBNOB is and have never used it. I''ve no idea what PANTWETTER is and have never used that. But I do know splits in fans when I see them and recognise opening posts that add petrol to the flames. And it wasn''t an over exaggeration. It rarely happens and you''d be hard pressed to find examples of it at all. Hence my suggestion  that Robert made it up.

I don''t believe for one minute that you don''t know what a hobnob is Nutty. Now are you a dunker or a cruncher?

I gave Robert the benefit, figuring he was emoting. But I knew what he was trying to say. I don''t disagree this topic has more than enough threads.

Based on comments, a hobnob is some sort of pastry, but can anyone explain what it has to do with the CH situation. HOB - Hughton Out Brigade? Or is it slang I don''t know?

All responses welcome, especially informative ones.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I gave Robert the benefit, figuring he was emoting. But I knew what he was trying to say. I don''t disagree this topic has more than enough threads. Based on comments, a hobnob is some sort of pastry, but can anyone explain what it has to do with the CH situation. HOB - Hughton Out Brigade? Or is it slang I don''t know? All responses welcome, especially informative ones. .[/quote]

Houston - you''ve got the HOB bit right, as for the last bit, I don''t think it leaves too much to the imagination!

Nigel - am certainly not picking a fight with anybody. Were I to want to do that I would have used far more inflammatory language and maybe even use provocative statements which I don''t think I''ve done. What I have said is that there are a great deal of regular posters on the board who appear to decry the input of anybody other than themselves and their forum pals which tends to prevent others from adding to the board as they will merely be put down as is the case with this post.

Also, as an aside, I did not say I rarely come on here, the converse is true, I said I choose to rarely contribute. A subtle but very important difference.

Well yes you are Gem and so was your buddy Robert. He started a thread with some stuff he made up with the express intention of causing more infighting amongst fans. If he hadn''t made it up he could have replied to what he stated fans were saying without starting a new thread just to inflame the discontent between our fans!

You then come on here and try and start a fight with me on the basis of my post count. Now that shows a real lacking of skills on your part because my opinion would be the same whether it was my first or millionth post. But you don''t embrace the subject or the post. Just the posters with your warped idea of who they are.

Now have you got anything to say about the thread Gem?

Nigel,

I have plenty to say but sadly you will just go on the defensive and suggest I am picking a fight. I''m really not I''m just expressing an opinion which is surely what a forum is all about isn''t it? Clearly my opinion is different to yours but that is no reason to write reams and reams in a post reply just to try and get the upper hand or have the last word

I think the point of the post was missed. I was pointing out that everytime anyone anti hughton posts something the same arguments are used against them. I''m just pointing out that I don''t expect us to win the league, beat spurs 10-0 and all the things that get levelled against anit-Hughton people. We can want hughton out and not have unrealistic expectations of our plight. As for the Hobnob business. It''s been levelled at me on twitter several times now and I find it funny.To suggest that i was trying to promote infighting was slightly wide of the mark and not my intention if that was the case. I support Norwich and always will even if I dislike the style of the current regime.

[quote user="Jem"]Nigel,

I have plenty to say but sadly you will just go on the defensive and suggest I am picking a fight. I''m really not I''m just expressing an opinion which is surely what a forum is all about isn''t it? Clearly my opinion is different to yours but that is no reason to write reams and reams in a post reply just to try and get the upper hand or have the last word[/quote]

I would suggest Jem that the only opinion you have stated is about me and another poster. The forum shouldn''t be about me should it? But don''t worry about the upper hand or the last word because I''m loving the attention.

I wonder what the electronic equivalent of "reams and reams" is? But whatever I think your as guilty of over-exaggeration as your buddy Robert....

I''m not clutching at straws. And no there''s no need for it. However your buddy commented on me as a poster rather than the post. I decided to respond. Do you have a problem with any of that?

I''m not quite sure what you would like me to say? I also find the tone you imply quite threatening. If i do have problem (which I don''t cause i''m not sure quite where you are going) what are you suggesting you will do? I don''t think that there is any need for you to behave like this.

Threatening?? LOL You and your buddy are trying a real character assassination on me aren''t you[:^)]

I didn''t make this personal. You and your buddy Jem did and continue to do.

Why don''t you appear to have a problem with that and why do you appear to deem it acceptable?

Robert911, agree 100% with what you''ve said. Unfortunately there is too many people who think they own this forum and will shoot you down for having an opinion different to theirs.