Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Teams on 7 points

Norwich - Hughton lucky not to be under pressure after the win at the weekend, but still not got everyone convinced - sack rating (out of 5) - 4

Swansea - Laudrup is a genius who got michu firing on all cylinders, enjoyable to watch and will be lucky to keep him from the likes of Real Madrid - sack rating - 1

Man U - The years of dominance over? Poor transfer window? Moyes not big enough to handle them? Maybe just needs time - sack rating - 4

Newcastle - Pardew recovering from a bad season last year after a great one the year before. This season a mix of great Ben Arfa match winning performances and tripe hanging over from last year. Supporters still a bit wary of him - Sack rating - 3

Stoke - Hughes has transformed Stoke and now they are playing well despite yesterdays result - Sack rating - 2

Funny perspective of things there.

Discounting us, the managers under pressure are Moyes and a bit Pardew, from teams with a combined 130,000 of ground capacity and millions to spend on players. The other managers are hailed from the rooftops from clubs similar to ourselves. As logic would have it, Hughton would be thought of like Hughes and Laudrup right?

Nope, still he gets critics. Perspective is a funny old thing! We''re even still in the cup too, a minor miracle by our recent history!

I hadn''t paid much attention to the table TBH, so I am gobsmacked to find that we''re on the same points as Swansea now.  Aren''t they supposed to be light years ahead of us ?

Spoke to a Stoke fan while walking to the game yesterday and he felt Hughes was off to a good start, but the jury was still out on him, this was before the game mind.

No doubt the pressure is on Moyes where the expectations are nothing less than winning the title every year.  The question for me is how much it counts that it took SAF quite a few years before he won the title, I suspect with American owners there is no way Moyes will get as much time.  Personally I am not convinced Moyes is as good a manager as the press like to make out but time will tell.

To be fair, Swansea have had some tough fixtures, but if you look where Everton, Hull and particularly Southampton are now, we''ve perhaps had tougher games than we thought.

At this rate, he won''t last, if they finished on 44 points (current form suggests this) Moyes would be long gone.

I do agree if he got them 7th or above, he''d probably keep his job. They''re like 12th though, it''s not good enough! To add, they''ve got a tough draw in the league cup that they''ll probably lose too :-)

Hughton is more of a 2 than a 4. At least in the eyes of the people who matter. And there is no way Moyes is a 4 either. MU will keep him for at least two seasons. The only way he''d be shipped is if they failed to qualify for UCL, which is not likely. It''s too early to write him off...lord knows I''d like to though. In the meantime, I''m just enjoying watching MU flounder in mid table.

The season is six matches old. Repeat; 6 matches. I know it''s fun to talk about this type of thing but Moyes getting sacked before his backroom staff have wiped their feet? Don''t be silly. It''s just regurgitated crap from the media you''re spouting.

As for Hughton. I''m a fan and remain a fan of his. He may offer non exciting football, but he gets results. Th media give each other reach arounds about Swansea, but we''ve been a point or two away from them both seasons, and are currently level, plus we usually beat them.

As for other managers facing the sack. Step up mr Jol. He''s my favourite to get the boot, although would be silly before Xmas.

Agreed with Jonzey; Man U often started the season falteringly even under SAF. See where they are half way through before even starting to judge Moyes''s tenure.

"Great win today, thoroughly deserved with excellent all round team

performance. However, my twitter timeline is very quiet. I wonder why?"This would seem to suggest that David McNally sees Chris Hughton more as a 1 by this sack rating.

There is no way United will be getting rid of Moyes any time soon. He''s taken on the most difficult job in world club football; that being the one of filling the shoes of a certain Sir Alex Ferguson. There are very few managers on this planet (if any) who would''ve just stepped in and carried on as though a managerial change had never happened.The owners/board would have been prepared for a possible shaky start. He''ll be given time (within reason - if they''re languishing in the bottom half all season then things may turn out to be different..)It''s worth noting how tough their start has been as well. Away to Man City, Liverpool and Swansea, home to Chelsea, all in the first six games, not to mention Cup matches against the likes of Bayer Leverkusen and Liverpool.

I cant speak for other teams but in our case the problem with our start was (at least before Sunday) perceived to be a reasonably kind opening set of fixtures to rack up a few points before the harder fixtures, which are coming up now.

In my view ,before Sunday ,we were probably about 4 points down on where we should have been (4 points vs Hull and Villa, which ever way round). Sundays result at Stoke however was one that I didnt see coming so its almost put us back on track to where we we should be , maybe a point or 2 less?