Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

A slice of humble pie

For these lovely people... (Compiled from facebook, twitter and here)

"Hughton out after today"

"This guy is seriously negative. No Hooper. No result."

"HUGHTON=CLOWN"

"No Hooper hes losing my backing"

"Losing patience with Hughton now, negative negative negative he is, FFS!!!!!!!!!" (this was posted in the 5th minute of the game)

"Instant loss 2day Hughton

Well done

Not starting Redmond and hooper

And starting Tettey and Snodgrass

Well done"

"Snodgrass has been shit lately

And Tettey is awful

Better playing Johnson

And while hooper is scorin more goals than RVW

Start them both up front"

"no hooper no hope"

"The midfield is nothing special, another boring game ahead "

"playing for the draw

we will lose

wtf is snodgrass doing out there!!!! maybe ive been watching a different snodgrass, does he has a twin? bloke has been * useless so far

tetteys sh1t3 as well

hughton out"

"Well apart from the scoreline, there isn''t anything else positive is there? We sitting back, backing off them and thumping the ball to no one. We''re a ticking time bomb."

"too deep, FFS"

That''s it for today...let''s see next week.

to add from the first two pages of the match thread ;)

playing for the draw

we will lose

wtf is snodgrass doing out there!!!! maybe ive been watching a different snodgrass, does he has a twin? bloke has been * useless so far

tetteys sh1t3 as well

hughton out

-----------------------------

The midfield is nothing special, another boring game ahead

--------------------

Personally I am not very happy with this team sheet. No Hooper or Redmond? Tettey??

---------------------------------

Hooper on Bench = Fail

----------------

hughton also said theres different ways to win a game

that translates as, im really scared of losing and dont like to take risks to win, we will sit in our 18 yard box for 90 minutes and probably lose 3-0

did hamann just summed it up by saying he puts the pressure on himself by not playing our two most expensive signings, especially hooper who will be full of confidence after 2 goals midweek

hughtons got tunnel vision. not a good thing. stubborn fool

hughton out

-----------------------------

I think you''re right Sparto. And although I find the match threads amusing I also recognise that emotions are running high. It''s the same in the stands. Some people up their levels of encouragement while others turn on whoever they prefer to blame.

But that''s no excuse for turning on players/manager before a ball is kicked.

The second half was still the same old rubbish, plus our 6 million pound, goal scoring striker left sitting on his backside all the game!

True Nutty but previous results always have a bearing on peoples level of `encouragement` prior to kick off and some people make there minds up on a player/manager and nothing will sway them... the support today was fantastic but if we had turned in our usual pile of poop at stoke it would have led to cries of "you don''t know what you''re doing" after half an hour... thats just how it is... but i believe even the authors of the comments highlighted in this thread will be happy that we won today surely ?

[quote user="First Wizard"]The second half was still the same old rubbish, plus our 6 million pound, goal scoring striker left sitting on his backside all the game![/quote]At the end of the day it was a good win wiz , why not just go with the flow and enjoy it? there will be plenty of other  opportunitys for a good moan this season of that i am sure [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]The second half was still the same old rubbish, plus our 6 million pound, goal scoring striker left sitting on his backside all the game![/quote]You must be gutted that Norwich City won today.

Two and a half hours in the life of iron stan:
12.58pm playing for the draw we will lose wtf is snodgrass doing out there!!!! maybe ive been watching a different snodgrass, does he has a twin? bloke has been *  useless so far tetteys sh1t3 as well hughton out
1.21pm hughtons got tunnel vision. not a good thing. stubborn fool hughton out 
1.32pm at least pilks doesnt look like a suicide bomber anymore!
1.44pm playing well but how many times have we seen a bright 20 minutes and then watch them run out of steam
2.42pm we need to get hold of it again and get it down and pl;ay instead of hoofing it straight back to them
2.43pm sitting so deep yet again
2.47pm STOP HOOFING IT FROM THE BACK. play it out on the floor ffs. sticking it in the air for 50/50 headers against this lot is a waste of time
3.03pm elmander for wolf really ? same old negative hughton
3.07pm so you dont think hooper would be a better idea then 
3.21pm good first half. unconvincing second
Not the only poster who doesn''t start sentences with capital letters and uses a space between a sentence and a question mark.
I wonder where the other one is today. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think you''re right Sparto. And although I find the match threads amusing I also recognise that emotions are running high. It''s the same in the stands. Some people up their levels of encouragement while others turn on whoever they prefer to blame.

But that''s no excuse for turning on players/manager before a ball is kicked.

[/quote]
The thing that I find cringeworthy is when people are negative and critical before kick-off and then have too much pride to admit that they got it wrong, so keep up the charade throughout the match and after the match.

What a silly thread.

It proves no more than those who are yelling Hughton Out, or those who think he''s the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As someone else has said, football is all about views and opinions, and you don''t have to start a ridiculous thread like this to know people are often very fickle in them.

1st Half we were brilliant, Tettey and Fer were majestic and the penny has finally dropped with Hoots about Olsson. Unfortunately, I think we have bought a fantastic striker who doesn''t fit in with our system at the minute and his confidence is evaporating.

However, I was still screaming about Hoots second-half, there were times when we could have broke and were just going sideways as orders were clearly to shut-up shop when Stoke were p*ss poor and we could have got at least one more. Still, he''s saved himself and we look much better table wise given our next two.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="First Wizard"]The second half was still the same old rubbish, plus our 6 million pound, goal scoring striker left sitting on his backside all the game![/quote]

At the end of the day it was a good win wiz , why not just go with the flow and enjoy it? there will be plenty of other  opportunitys for a good moan this season of that i am sure [:D]
[/quote]

I did enjoy it spartacus, my son and I went potty when Howson scored...........but it didn''t alter my opinion on CH.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]What a silly thread.

It proves no more than those who are yelling Hughton Out, or those who think he''s the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As someone else has said, football is all about views and opinions, and you don''t have to start a ridiculous thread like this to know people are often very fickle in them.[/quote]

I kind of agree Reggie. But then I thing about how many more ridiculous threads would have been started if we''d lost today...

some people just use this forum as an exercise in one upmanship they don''t really care about the football... there is one poster who splits posts up into managable paragraphs so he can slaughter the poster on some small incorrect detail or technicality ... i often wonder if they join forums on other subjects like knitting , baking . fishing or airfix model making and then spend there lives looking for ways to belittle people online [:D]

Humble pie??

You could say most of the outers were calling for olsson to start, fer and tettey in midfield and more importantly howson pushing on!!

Personally I''ve been moaning about the lack of pressing and ball retention.

Today we were good in both departments, great win and well done to the manager on noticing we needed to get in teams faces more.

"Wow; how long did it take to compile that?"

Not that long. I guess that''s kind of worrying ;) .

The purpose of this thread isn''t to list the Hughton outers. It''s purely to show how some people take it too far and act as if Hughton has personally slapped them in the face. Whilst I recognise that emotions are running high during, before and after a football game I still see no need to give the management team and players such a hard time before the game has even begun!

If people really want it to be fair, i''ll happily do a thread next week of "extreme happy clappers" if we lose.

(Note, most of these people have a history of moaning, so they''re not exactly ''innocent'')

I thought the same at first Wiz regarding Hooper. But then we were protecting a lead against a side who are predominantly good in the air, so to bring on Elmander, who’s good in the air was quite a shrewd move.

Feel free to list the Hughton outers. They''ll happily list the ''happy clappers''.I''ll hold my hands up and said prior to the game that we''d be lucky to get a draw.

"I''ll hold my hands up and said prior to the game that we''d be lucky to get a draw."

As did I. It''s not wrong to be wrong. It''s just taking it that step further and having a go at the team before they''ve even had a chance to answer on the field.

"I''ll hold my hands up and said prior to the game that we''d be lucky to get a draw."

As did I. It''s not wrong to be wrong. It''s just taking it that step further and having a go at the team before they''ve even had a chance to answer on the field."[Y]

I did too, but then also thought about it and the fact that Hooper had played 120 mins mid week after a lay off and that we have Chelsea next week. In addition, having previously said Elmander was missing vs Southampton, he did exactly what was required when he came on just like the rest of the team.  Wiz (and others) I really do think you need to consider giving CH some credit when it is due, today''s win was as a result of playing exactly the right tactics  and it worked brilliantly and made Stoke look very ordinary. This team is developing slowly but surely as is our style of play, its going to take more time, there will be more defeats (its The Premier League!!) along the way, but we will ultimately end up being an established Premier League club as a result of the approach being taken......trust me on this :-)