Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

A slice of humble pie

I agree Mark, CH deserves some credit today and the midfield looked much better. I just love Norwich City and I want the best for my team. Firing coaches has backfired more often than it has helped. I hope we continue to develop and grow under CH. We do agree that this was a very important victory with the fixtures coming up

Very pleasing today that we secured three points and a clean sheet away from home with Bassong, Garrido, and Redmond injured and with quality players such as Whittaker, Johnson and Hooper on the bench. Bennett, Olsson & Tettey came in and put in excellent shifts which shows a great depth to the squad and promises good things for the future.
Get RvW going and we''ll really be in business. Plenty to be positive about.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Done the pressing thing to death Nige.

If you search "pressing" you''ll find it.

Just relieved to see howson given some licence.[/quote]

I know. I was just commenting that...

Oh never mind. It''s been a good day and the PUPs won too.

Do ya reckon yer mate Smudge will write another blog[:^)]

I don''t think any humble pie is required, but a big well done to Hughton and the players on two fronts, the fightback against Watford and yesterdays performance was outstanding.

Does that mean I change my mind on Hughton, hell I''m back on the fence and even if we go on to lose the next two against Chelsea and Arsenal, as long as there is some effort as yesterday who can complain?

That was a team set up and played how a team in a 4-2-3-1 should be able to play. Fer & Tettey allowed Howson to push up and Snodders and Pilks worked their socks off across the entire park. It was just a shame RVW appeared to have his worst game for us.

Special praise to Hughton who played Olsson and Bennett who were superb.

Is this the turning point, can we dream of upsetting Chelsea and getting a point on the road against Arsenal or in reality two good losing perfomances and a win against Cardiff would see us on 10 points sitting around 15th after 10 games, is that acceptable?

I hate all this pont scoring from one set and the other, we all want City to win and finish as high as we can but there are time when every supporter has questioned the last 9 month''s performance and result and asked the question is Hughton the right man for City? Well lose the next 5 on the bounce who will be eating humble pie then?

Enjoy a great performance and result and bring on Chelsea, let''s get at them, they don''t like it up em!

I have said elsewhere 10 points from 10 is the minimum acceptable (then a further 10 from the next 10) Great result yesterday and Midfield and Defence were both excellent but despite the control in the midfield we still had to rely on a long range speculative shot to score (and 3 shots on target)

I''d be more than happy with that kind of performance against the big boys but is it really too much to expect us to create more chances and actually look like scoring sometimes ?

Time to give Ricky a break next weekend and see if Hooper can make it happen.

Again great result but please don''t get carried away just yet (and I wont be an outer just yet either)

[quote user="Indy"]

I hate all this pont scoring from one set and the other, we all want City to win and finish as high as we can but there are time when every supporter has questioned the last 9 month''s performance and result and asked the question is Hughton the right man for City? Well lose the next 5 on the bounce who will be eating humble pie then?

[/quote]

[:-*] You didn''t hate it last week Indy.

Just sayin........

I have been to hull spurs and stoke away. The only good half we had was the first at stoke. To use a cliche one swallow does not make a summer. Using another cliche a leopard does not change its spots and I would need to see a lot more away games where we played like the first half of stoke before I was convinced about Hughtons ability to take us forward.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]before I was convinced about Hughtons ability to take us forward.[/quote]Eleventh in the Prem last season, the Youth Cup and the current squad compared with the one he inherited, and you don''t think he has taken us forward?

A win against a poor-on-the-day Stoke (in which we sat back as soon as we scored) and suddenly everything is rosy?

Not for me, still think a different manager could make such a difference.

Hughton out

Stoke were made to look poor by us. We played well, the Elmander introduction was a great call and it''s always tough to know what to do when 1-0 up. Hughton got the balance right yesterday and i said all along, a lot would hinge off the back of this result.

We can now all relax for the next couple of games, see what we get out of Chelsea, Man City, Cardiff and Arsenal without being worried about a long losing streak or poor run of form.

Hughton has earnt himself at least another month in charge no matter what.

If we carry on with our current form, we''ll be on 42 points from 36 games, 2 points off our 11th place finish last year. There''d be nothing wrong with that scenario.

[quote user="Indy"]

I hate all this pont scoring from one set and the other, we all want City to win and finish as high as we can but there are time when every supporter has questioned the last 9 month''s performance and result and asked the question is Hughton the right man for City? [/quote]

Still got enough points in the last 9 months to stay in the Prem.......

What I do find bizzare is that a few years back there was a thread on here criticising Stoke and the way they play, the negative defensive style and humping it forward and as I rememebr most on here all said that they would not watch such dross and how sorry you felt for Stoke!

That game against Watford and first half against Stoke was great to watch, yes we conceded 2 goals at Watford but we were making chances and won it 3-2.

It''s not always about the points to stay up though is it, ask Pulis!

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I have been to hull spurs and stoke away. The only good half we had was the first at stoke. To use a cliche one swallow does not make a summer. Using another cliche a leopard does not change its spots and I would need to see a lot more away games where we played like the first half of stoke before I was convinced about Hughtons ability to take us forward.[/quote]First things first, in a word you''ve hit the nail on the head. It doesn''t take an genius to see that some on this message board will be eating humble pie. I do, however, beg to differ and have a bone of contention with your point about leopards changing their spots because some gave 110% on Sunday. There''s no need to get all worked up because we didn''t draw a blank at Stoke which proved good things do come to those that wait. Make no bones about it, Chris Hughton is a man for all seasons and sacking him now would be jumping the gun. I''m bored to tears and have had it up to here with people who want McNally to act like a bull in a china shop, so just give it a rest, it''s like groundhog day when we lose. People make a song and dance about any defeat, when they should keep their hair on and their chin''s up and see the glass as half full not half empty. We must stick together as a house divided against itself cannot stand, and when we do hit a bump in the road people must bend over backwards to get behind the lads. If we do draw a blank people can''t jump on the bandwagon to sack the manager. I''m sure that he has an ace or two up his sleeve. This season is a marathon not a sprint and he who laughs last laughs best. What we don''t need is Hughton looking over his shoulder wondering if he will get stabbed in the back, we need him to focus on what''s ahead and keep his nose to the grindstone whilst he is in the hot seat as it will take it''s toll. I do agree though that at times he should show some backbone and go for broke and when we''re behind throw the kitchen sink forwards because nothing ventured is nothing gained. It is time to nip in the bud those bringing up last season as it''s all water under the bridge and when push comes to shove some of the reactions have been over the top.Well to coin a phase, I''m going to call it a day and take the easy way out. I hope that City give Chelsea a run for their money, but no matter the result don''t get your knickers in a twist and get all bent out of shape. That''s a wrap, I hope you can look at this through rose coloured glasses and see it''s all a bit tongue in cheek. [;)]

Let''s face it; there a a fair few on here at either end of the extremes for whom any sort of pie, humble or otherwise, is going to be a non starter. So there''s no point in banging on about it to them, because it''s simply not going to happen.

But the rest of us just see it how it is on any given day, and after any given result . Speaking personally, I just think that CH has looked at some of the criticism that''s been levelled at him, and had the balls to act on it . OK there will be those who think I''m living on cloud cuckoo land to believe that, but, it seems Chris is an sensible and humble enough bloke to be preaped to listen what others suggest, and adapt it in his own personal framework. That''s not being soft. Just adaptable.

In fact, there''s no humble pie required from anyone. We are all in this together from Delia downwards to the most junior season ticket holder.

[quote user="Alby"]A win against a poor-on-the-day Stoke (in which we sat back as soon as we scored) and suddenly everything is rosy? Not for me, still think a different manager could make such a difference. Hughton out[/quote]

Totally agree.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Alby"]Hughton out[/quote]

Totally agree.[/quote]

Chase out. Worthy out. Delia out. Board out. Fry out. Grant out. Roeder out. Gunn out and now Hughton out.

Was there ever anybody at NCFC you ever liked Wiz? [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Alby"]Hughton out[/quote]

Totally agree.[/quote]

Chase out. Worthy out. Delia out. Board out. Fry out. Grant out. Roeder out. Gunn out and now Hughton out.

[/quote]

He even fell out of love with Lambert. [:''(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Alby"]Hughton out[/quote]

Totally agree.[/quote]

[/quote]

Saunders, Walker 1&2, O''Neil, Lambert.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Let''s face it; there a a fair few on here at either end of the extremes for whom any sort of pie, humble or otherwise, is going to be a non starter. So there''s no point in banging on about it to them, because it''s simply not going to happen.

But the rest of us just see it how it is on any given day, and after any given result . Speaking personally, I just think that CH has looked at some of the criticism that''s been levelled at him, and had the balls to act on it . OK there will be those who think I''m living on cloud cuckoo land to believe that, but, it seems Chris is an sensible and humble enough bloke to be preaped to listen what others suggest, and adapt it in his own personal framework. That''s not being soft. Just adaptable.

In fact, there''s no humble pie required from anyone. We are all in this together from Delia downwards to the most junior season ticket holder.[/quote]Personally I think he hasn''t paid the slightest regard to criticism on this board or anywhere else. He strikes me as the kind of person who knows his own mind and is quite prepared to be judged by the results.Why not pay £2 for a ticket to next Tuesdays Fans Forum and ask him yourself?

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Has Wiz ever had a favourite player?[/quote]

Kennon , Davies, Bryceland, Hill, Hucks, Holt, Culverhouse, Cureton, Paddon, Keelan, Fer, Punton, Jono, Gordon , Ruel Fox, Adams, et al..............and there''s a lot more but I can''t be rat-arsed to mention them all.[:S]

You may well be right, Ricardo. That''s why I suggested that there may be those who think I''m living in cloud cuckoo land thinking it.

But , if what you say is true, why bother having a fans forum next Tues ? !

For what its worth .... I think this is one of the most sensible quotes / posters on the forum right  now !

Well done mate , trying to bring some sense to polarised debates, ... unfortunately ... not many are so reasoned .

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You may well be right, Ricardo. That''s why I suggested that there may be those who think I''m living in cloud cuckoo land thinking it.

But , if what you say is true, why bother having a fans forum next Tues ? ![/quote]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You may well be right, Ricardo. That''s why I suggested that there may be those who think I''m living in cloud cuckoo land thinking it.

But , if what you say is true, why bother having a fans forum next Tues ? ![/quote]So people can ask questions of course. At last years Forum I thought he was very open and honest and didn''t duck anything. If I remember correctly we had a difficult start so there were quite a few suggestions from the amateur managers in the audience.

[quote user="Indy"]

What I do find bizzare is that a few years back there was a thread on here criticising Stoke and the way they play, the negative defensive style and humping it forward and as I rememebr most on here all said that they would not watch such dross and how sorry you felt for Stoke!

That game against Watford and first half against Stoke was great to watch, yes we conceded 2 goals at Watford but we were making chances and won it 3-2.

It''s not always about the points to stay up though is it, ask Pulis!

[/quote]

Well that''s quite bizarre because I don''t think that even Hughton''s biggest critic would accuse him of playing like Stoke did.

Is that what you''ve honestly seen at games Indy?