Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Worried

Oh dear! Nothing worries me more on here than when a procession of players are trawled out to tell us that everything is coming right.  As I have said before save your energies for the pitch lads, that way we''ll all be much more impressed.Just show the appetite you did in that excellent performance last week on a more consistent basis and we''ll all end up believing you.

The players have media obligations (sometimes contractual) what do you want them to do say "Sorry can''t say much there''s a bloke in Derby who''ll get worried"?

''Save your energy for the pitch''?

Because a press conference is such hard work... They have to travel 1000s of miles, and complete a series of grueling life endangering mental and physical trials. And then have to answer the questions in English, Latin, Arabic, Chinese and Geordie perfectly or risk starting the whole ordeal over again.

Also have you noticed the OP would clearly come up with the following responses :

Player press conference not saying things are coming together etc - "I''m worried - the players don''t think the team is coming together"

No player press conference at all - "I''m worried - aren''t the players confident enough to face the press?"

The OP would be worried no matter what they say, or don''t say.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Oh dear! Nothing worries me more on here than when a procession of players are trawled out to tell us that everything is coming right.  As I have said before save your energies for the pitch lads, that way we''ll all be much more impressed.

Just show the appetite you did in that excellent performance last week on a more consistent basis and we''ll all end up believing you.

[/quote]

All very familar DC, ''Worthy Out'' days are here again.

People read too much out of what players and managers ''say'' in the media.What they all ''say'' is canned answers. The canned answers are drummed into them during media training, or even by a team media manager before the media appearance. Media outlets who need sales / clicks during the week turn these small, planned, canned answers into a story.It means nothing. It''s not necessarily the players thoughts on the matter. It''s certainly not what is being said behind closed doors.Save yourself time, read football365, or some decent blogs and ignore the media outlets between Monday to Friday (unless it''s about a Mourinho presser. Different rules apply to those).

[quote user="Gingerpele"]''Save your energy for the pitch''?

Because a press conference is such hard work... They have to travel 1000s of miles, and complete a series of grueling life endangering mental and physical trials. And then have to answer the questions in English, Latin, Arabic, Chinese and Geordie perfectly or risk starting the whole ordeal over again.[/quote]

I chuckled at this, I''ve missed you GP

"Worthy Out" days are here again"........Wiz, I think if you cast your mind back and really remember those very black days, this really is nothing like then.....its just some on here are making it out to be! You really are a naughty boy you know...........

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]"Worthy Out" days are here again"........Wiz, I think if you cast your mind back and really remember those very black days, this really is nothing like then.....its just some on here are making it out to be! You really are a naughty boy you know...........[/quote]

You know me Mark, some days I go all dramatic, I meant in terms of players being wheeled out to support, imo, a struggling manager. 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]"Worthy Out" days are here again"........Wiz, I think if you cast your mind back and really remember those very black days, this really is nothing like then.....its just some on here are making it out to be! You really are a naughty boy you know...........[/quote]

You know me Mark, some days I go all dramatic, I meant in terms of players being wheeled out to support, imo, a struggling manager. 

[/quote]However, I note you changed you little signature image back.... Starting to flop your opinion back after the weekend already?[;)]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

However, I note you changed you little signature image back.... Starting to flop your opinion back after the weekend already?

[;)]
[/quote]

No ruddy way, Hughton still out![:@]

I just fancied a change, and my Hughton signature is all backed up..............and waiting.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]However, I note you changed you little signature image back.... Starting to flop your opinion back after the weekend already?[;)][/quote]

I just fancied a change, and my Hughton signature is all backed up..............and waiting.

[/quote]Do you also have your "In Hughton I Trust" one backed up as well? You know, just in case.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

However, I note you changed you little signature image back.... Starting to flop your opinion back after the weekend already?

[;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you also have your "In Hughton I Trust" one backed up as well? You know, just in case.
[/quote]

Yes, of course.[;)]

LOL...maybe I too should have a selection of signature messages.......one should certainly refer to being a "plastic", something I have been accused of being recently....perhaps you are a "plastic" too?

Anyway, I agree to a certain extend, most clubs PR will kick in when they feel its required, and its only natural a few players would be quoted with some positive stuff when some (yes "some") of the natives are angry, for me though, in this instance I think its best not to focus on it as it simply plays into the hands of those grumpy fans, including yourself :-) 

It''s good to read some positive player statements for a change. In the Premier League we won''t see many wins even if we stay up. Compare that to teams who get relegated from the Championship who might see 14 or 15 victories and still go down.

So enjoy the moment.

Chances are we will get two consecutive stuffings against Chelsea and Arsenal. But who knows, maybe a bit of self belief and renewed team confidence can produce a surprise point or two.

I first remember these sorts of statements coming out by players during the Lambert years, whenever there was a sticky patch players would be saying it would be alright etc. 

It''s just with hindsight we know that was a period of unusual continuous success so we forget the ups and downs.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

LOL...maybe I too should have a selection of signature messages.......one should certainly refer to being a "plastic", something I have been accused of being recently....perhaps you are a "plastic" too?

Anyway, I agree to a certain extend, most clubs PR will kick in when they feel its required, and its only natural a few players would be quoted with some positive stuff when some (yes "some") of the natives are angry, for me though, in this instance I think its best not to focus on it as it simply plays into the hands of those grumpy fans, including yourself :-) 

[/quote]Mark - I''m not sure what label I''d been assigned. I''m probably a plastic in some eyes as I don''t attend all games, home and away. I also have to travel a lot for work (to Dubai and Abu Dhabi mostly at the moment), so I can''t attend some home games, however I am on the season ticket waiting list.However, I''m a foreigner now living in Norwich, so that doesn''t really fit with the "Local club for local people" mantra of others.I''m going to need a pretty big signature image to fit in all the possible labels.