Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

To Ricky with love

So Ricky, if you read message boards, I think you''re probably bright enough not to, then here''s some love. Don''t worry though, there''s no bromance going on, although you are a handsome chap. Perhaps that''s part of the problem for some of our fans. Anyway I digress, just to say, don''t listen to the idiots that have been slamming your performances. Even the great Grant Holt got stick on here and if message boards had existed in their time so would Sutton, Robbins and Fleck. As we all know the problem is that everyone wants immediate gratification, not just owners but fans as well. And it''s understandable to a certain extent when you look at ticket prices and players salaries. However what they fail to see is that a young dutchman has come to our club with a good scoring record – ok in a lesser devision – ditto for Mr Hooper remember. So far you''ve ran your ass off, given 100%, had lumps kicked out of you by Stoke rugby club, had a penalty snatched from under your nose and scored possibly one of the best headers we''ve seen in a long long time. So keep your chin up, keep working hard, the service will get better as the team gels and CH finds his best 11 and the goals will come. Sadly there is a minority within our fan base who frequent this board who like nothing better than picking our team and manager apart. I''ve not idea why they do it, perhaps they''re trolls or binners or both, fans of NCFC they are not.

Trouble is, when a club of Norwich''s means have spent £8.4 million, it''s not unreasonable to expect the player to hit the ground running. It should not be necessary to still be "adapting"and "getting up to speed" in October - that''s what pre-season is for. And I simply don''t buy the idea that he''s working his socks off - he has been noticeable by his lack of contribution in all games so far, admittedly barring one fantastic header. Even CH finally lost patience on Sunday and we looked infinitely more threatening with Elmander playing the lone striker role.

Let''s not forger we spent a ton of cash, by our standards, on another striker. I''d now like to see him afforded the same number of consecutive full games as Ricky was given so we can run the rule over him.

My biggest problem with RvW is that is so patently lightweight. Hooper looks far more able to look after himself against those nasty rough boys.

[quote user="Reverend Timothy Smallpiece"]He put Elmander on because he was fed up playing with ten men ie sticking with RvW[/quote]

What....I mean...uhhh....Wow.

This statement sums up everything that is wrong about this message board.

Hmm, I notice the Reverend only joined this messageboard on 30/8/13!!  Some fan you are!! 

If you wanted a stronger, more physical type player up front, then I dare say you''d prefer ''big'' Alan Lee up front instead then!?  This isn''t the Championship, my blue-nosed friend!  Slightly more guile needed in this league than a few big lumps up front!!

Haha, enjoy your mid-table mediocre Champ season once again, my friend :)

The binners are desperate for RVW to be a flop and his current moderate success is pleasing them no end.

Motivated by extreme envy methinks and as soon as the Winkle starts scoring regularly they will put their heads firmly in the sand and ignore the situation..

It is, however, fair to say that Gary Hooper should have crack at being no.1 striker for now and this might well help Ricki as the pressure will be off from his shoulders and he will be able to ease himself in/re-gain his confidence levels.

I look forward to the day when both start in the same line-up.

How depressing is the thought that a multi talented, multi lingual person, enjoying living in the UK for the first time with his beautiful girlfriend , would find himself reading the heartbreakingly dull buffoonery on here?

People that whine, whinge and moan (about people whining whinging and moaning) , dredging up the same old arguments from the same old boring sods.

And there is Ricky, Leroy et all, hugely successful people, the kind we could only dream of watching a few years back, let alone being,  reading this nonsense ?  

I would be deeply embarrassed if I thought any of the players read this drivel.

100% agreed! Runs himself into the ground, works back, gets stuck in. As long as he put a shift in and we don''t get beaten and he shows his worth to the team I do love ricky!

I love how the ideal changes with each years FIFA issues.

last year the best players you could have were the fast ones, this year it''s the strong ones with a bit of pace. so therefore last season everyone we had were too slow, and this year they''re not strong enough.

just a little observation of where many may get their footy knowledge from.

We were too slow last year though, it was evident in games we''d have to try twice as hard sometimes to build attacks. Redmond and Olsson and Murphy have given us some excellent options there and even Fer isn''t a slouch.

[quote user="Reverend Timothy Smallpiece"]

Trouble is, when a club of Norwich''s means have spent £8.4 million, it''s not unreasonable to expect the player to hit the ground running. It should not be necessary to still be "adapting"and "getting up to speed" in October - that''s what pre-season is for. And I simply don''t buy the idea that he''s working his socks off - he has been noticeable by his lack of contribution in all games so far, admittedly barring one fantastic header. Even CH finally lost patience on Sunday and we looked infinitely more threatening with Elmander playing the lone striker role.

Let''s not forger we spent a ton of cash, by our standards, on another striker. I''d now like to see him afforded the same number of consecutive full games as Ricky was given so we can run the rule over him.

My biggest problem with RvW is that is so patently lightweight. Hooper looks far more able to look after himself against those nasty rough boys.

[/quote]

The whole team is adapting and needs to Gel not just RVW. Preseason is mostly about fitness, only in competitive games can you really start to see how the side is shaping up.

RVW is not light weight. His arial challenge on two stoke players led to the ball dropping to Pilks who set up the goal. His challenge on the keeper was hardly lightweight either. Do you actually watch the games?

Hooper will get his chance but he played for 2 hours on Tuesday after an injury. Stoke was not the game to bring him on in. Elmander is good back up, better back up than Becchio but that''s all.