Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Timothy Smallpiece

RvW apologists

Great result but ... in no way due to the Wolf''s "contribution". Everyone wants it to work out for him but, for a blinkered few, it''s time to face up to a few cruel realities. Ricky van Wolfswinkel is a million miles off being a Premier League striker. He barely touched the ball. Take one bullet header out of the equation and he has barely touched the ball all season. His touch was appalling. He''s lightweight - looks like a boy in a man''s game. He doesn''t fight for the ball. On the rare occasion it comes to him he invariably fluffs his lines. Even Hughton had seen enough.

And the much-derided Elmander? Did far mote in his cameo appearance than RvW did all game. A master class in how to lead the line as a loan striker. It has to be Hooper and Elmander against Chelsea. Bench RvW to make it very clear that what he has shown so far is a very long way from good enough.

"But he doesn''t get the service!" Would you pass to him?

hmmm yes i did worry for him today.. ball bouncing off his heel... losing the ball... etc... id like to see hooper start each game and wolf come on as a super sub. its a shame but it may go that way :-/

hope im wrong and he starts banging them in soon!

I think its simply a case of him needing a bit more time to get up to what''s required in this league, he is clearly finding it tough, and having seen plenty of clips of him before he came to our club I am confident he will do it, also needs to put on a little more upper body bulk. Its a long season and we also have Hooper to come in who will also get plenty of games.....that''s not apologising, just saying it how it is. Plenty of top strikers in this league who havnt scored or struggled to score so far this season, plenty....and many of them have had many more opportunities than RVW has had. 

Did say in January when we were chasing him that I did''nt think he was that special and may not be the answer to our prayers.He will maybe come good next season, plenty of players have after looking decidedly ordinary first time around.Trouble is that we need a striker now!

Remember Dennis bergkamp? How many games did it take him to settle in to England ? Became an arsenal legend in the end but was awful first 20 or so games. People are so quick to jump the gun these days. Just because he hasn''t scored a goal every game doesn''t make him crap. Would you prefer James Vaughan or chris Martin? £8.5m these days is nothing for a striker and doesn''t mean 20 goals a season anymore. Anyway who cares we won today.

I guess this is something for some of you to cling on to but I predict the wolf will ram your fickle words back just as Hughton will[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I guess this is something for some of you to cling on to but I predict the wolf will ram your fickle words back just as Hughton will[;)]

[/quote]May take both of them a little while though, but who cares? I can wait.

His link up play is excellent it''s not all about scoring sometimes you can make space for team mates!!

What''s with the word, ''apologist''? As a supporter of NCFC, I have never, and will never not support a norwich player. What do people think there is to be gained by giving a player a hard time?

[quote user="flying high up in the sky"]Anyway who cares we won today.[/quote]Too right. Instead of enjoying the win, they''d rather be moaning about individual players or the manager''s team selections and tactics.If the game makes them that unhappy they should find something else to do, like knitting or washing all those wet pants....

God get off his back, he needs time to settle in, it is a massive leap to come from Sporting to play for an EPL club and the way we setup and play he hardly has a lot to feed on, he also has to get use to the pace and strength of it. The way Snoddy is also playing at the moment is not helping, how many times today did Snoddy beat his man then instead off whipping the ball in with his right for RVW to run onto he cuts back onto his left making his runs useless. This is why I would love to see Redmond given a chance in the future on the right hand side, Snoddy is to predictable and has no right foot.
Look at RVP, he had a very slow start to his EPL career and now look at him.... Just because a foreign player does not hit the ground running it doesn''t mean he is a bad player and a waste of money.  

ricardo has a scape goat obsession, whatever you do dont criticise a players performance. he was poor today, if you play up front on your own you have to do a lot more.

stan collymore tweet:

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 1h

Hooper needs to come on. RVW thinks he''s Berbatov and can play at his own pace. He can''t.

James Nursey tweet:

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey 2h

@StanCollymore just criticised RVW and I totally agree. Not won one 50\50 yet from what I''ve seen. City dominating middle & need more up top

He looks like he should be playing youth football , hope he comes good but for now it has to be Hooper to srart . Wonder how many would want to splash £8.5 million on him if they had the benefit of seeing his performances up to now .

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

A lot of people would have sent Iwan packing after 10 games-and probably more.

Ricky will come good.

[/quote]

Totally confident that you''re right Shuck[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

A lot of people would have sent Iwan packing after 10 games-and probably more.

Ricky will come good.

[/quote]

Totally confident that you''re right Shuck[Y]

But what about Dragon Music?

[/quote]

I wondered who was going to get the slating tonight and it is nice to see the 100% record of deriding our players / manager / team continues!

Well Done!

Holt would have been chuffed with the Wolf''s challenge against two of Stoke''s tuffies, to effectively make the opening for our goal. He actually worked really hard all time he was on the pitch. That side of his game is coming along nicely. The goals will come.

Sometimes managers find it initially hard to axe players who have come with a big price tag/and or standing in the game. Record signing (by some way) RvW has started all six league games. Elmander (who is still scoring World Cup goals for Sweden as a centre-forward) came on as a sub against Hull and then started the next three despite (apparently) it becoming quickly clear he wasn''t suited to the assigned No.10 link role. Today one penny dropped.

And that would be that the first choice number 9/centre foreard at the club is Johan Elmander. Pairing him in a "little and large" combo with Hooper will pay dividends. As things stand, Becchio must be nrxt in the pecking order. RvW has gad his chance, failed to impress and is now due some bench time. I''d suggest getting him into the gym to bulk him up.