Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Reading between the lines on this forum.........

[quote user="BigFish"]Excellent OP which drew out exactly the kind of response it was a parody of. As he has said everyone is entitled to an opinion just don''t make it a stupid one (or in Wiz''s case everyone is entitled to many opinions all contradictory & stupid.

To use the term, the thing about the Hobnobs is that Hughton will never be able to deal with the true problem for them in that he is not Lambert and we are not careering through the divisions.

To deal with this they hunt in packs spreading disinformation. Like City1st''s howler above, corrected by Purple, about the number of Lambert''s signing on the pitch Sunday. Clearly he either can''t count, genuinely doesn''t know much about the club or was deliberately stating something he knows to be untrue.

The "truth" that has come into common usage is our poor form in 2013 deemed relegation form (and yes I want us to do better and more flare would be great but.....). Except it isn''t, is it? We have picked up 26 points from 24 games. Not great but better than Swansea, West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland plus the three relegated clubs. If we had taken one of the good chances v Villa we would now be sitting 11th. Pretty much par for the course.

What they don''t appreciate is how hard it is to push on from here - harder than getting here. Prem standards seem much harder this year. No use bleating about it. No use sacking the manager......

.....as if it would make a difference[/quote]

I really hope not too much is made of this, BigFish. City1st is always at pains to acknowledge any mistakes he may have made, and his unparalleled generosity of spirit means he is unfailingly forgiving of the errors made by others.

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Thanks Ron and BigFish! Always nice to know there are some like minded posters about.
[/quote]

Count me in as part of your "fan" club [Y]

I also respect the OP - Jonzey - for writing such a positive post. Just a few words of advice - "don''t let the beggars grind you down"!

Life is so much better with a having a positive outlook - I actually feel rather sorry for people who constantly moan - if that''s how they feel from the moment they get up, then that''s their day already on a downward spiral! A few positive postings can either "help them" get out of the doldrums or wind them up either more! Their choice, I don''t mind either way, I can see the positives in both scenarios [:D]

[quote user="Jonzey"]Hughton''s negative, sack him.''Wahhhhh Daddy, my pony is too slow, buy me another or I''ll scream and scream''RVW is a waste of money and is rubbish.''Wahhhhh Daddy, my new pony which arrived yesterday can''t jump an eight foot fence, and doesn''t have gold hair. Buy me a golden haired pony''We play poor football, sack Hughton and get Poyet/O''Neill/Guardiola in.''Wahhhhh Daddy, buy me a Ferrari. I want one NOW!!!!!!!''Hughton took off Redmond and replaced him with Ireland International and proven match winner Pilkington. Sack him.''Wahhhhh Daddy, I want diamonds and a tiara, if you don''t buy them I''ll hold my breath until I go purple''Yes, negative posters I''m mocking you. You''re entitled to an opinion. Just please don''t make it a stupid, ill informed muppets opinion. You sound like spolit little rich girls. Go and have a word with a Portsmouth fan and ask them how their club has been run. [/quote]

what a wally

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]

I also respect the OP - Jonzey - for writing such a positive post. Just a few words of advice - "don''t let the beggars grind you down"!

Life is so much better with a having a positive outlook - I actually feel rather sorry for people who constantly moan - if that''s how they feel from the moment they get up, then that''s their day already on a downward spiral! A few positive postings can either "help them" get out of the doldrums or wind them up either more! Their choice, I don''t mind either way, I can see the positives in both scenarios [:D]

[/quote]

Good man, and thanks.

I have to say some people would moan no matter what. They could walk through a field where it''s raining ten pound notes, accompanied by a bikini clad and satisfied looking Kelly Brooke, on their way to watch Barcelona vs Real Madrid from the royal box where you''re allowed to smoke and drink, and they''d still moan ''it were better in my day'', or ''it''s a bit nippy out, and I forgot my coat, bloomin weather''.

Whenever I''m at a match I sit down with a positive attitude, even if I think we could get a tonking. After all I''ve endured matches all the way through the mid to late 90''s and the early 00''s when we were under-acheiving almost every season. Some of the games were just dire and the club was skint, teetering on the edge for so many years.

Now with the financial position we''re in, with the squad we have I just love it. To be competitive against some of the best clubs on Earth is utterly fantastic. But even now I hear people frigging moan about trifling matters all through the matches or on here, it just irritates me. And to want the manager sacked utterly bamboozles me. Don''t they remember Roeder, or Peter Grant, or Bryan Hamiton. Jeeeeezus. Hughton is a class act and he''s the manager during these halcyon times. Breath it in and appreciate it people.