Sign in to follow this  
Jonzey

Reading between the lines on this forum.........

Hughton''s negative, sack him.''Wahhhhh Daddy, my pony is too slow, buy me another or I''ll scream and scream''RVW is a waste of money and is rubbish.''Wahhhhh Daddy, my new pony which arrived yesterday can''t jump an eight foot fence, and doesn''t have gold hair. Buy me a golden haired pony''We play poor football, sack Hughton and get Poyet/O''Neill/Guardiola in.''Wahhhhh Daddy, buy me a Ferrari. I want one NOW!!!!!!!''Hughton took off Redmond and replaced him with Ireland International and proven match winner Pilkington. Sack him.''Wahhhhh Daddy, I want diamonds and a tiara, if you don''t buy them I''ll hold my breath until I go purple''Yes, negative posters I''m mocking you. You''re entitled to an opinion. Just please don''t make it a stupid, ill informed muppets opinion. You sound like spolit little rich girls. Go and have a word with a Portsmouth fan and ask them how their club has been run.

What a ridiculous post!! if we had of lost Yesterday, there is no chance in hell that you would have made this post! Where were you before Yesterday''s game, telling everyone how great we are and how there is no need to moan etc? As I don''t remember too many posts from you. Stupid to compare this with clubs such as Pompey aswell, what do they have to do with how NCFC fans should feel about their own club?

[quote user="ryanncfc"]What a ridiculous post!! if we had of lost Yesterday, there is no chance in hell that you would have made this post! Where were you before Yesterday''s game, telling everyone how great we are and how there is no need to moan etc? As I don''t remember too many posts from you. Stupid to compare this with clubs such as Pompey aswell, what do they have to do with how NCFC fans should feel about their own club?[/quote]We didn''t lose yesterday, you''re correct. We won. It''s what happened. Yet still negative posters moan away on here; ''We won, but....''. My point is we''re Premier League, I''m pretty pleased about that given our resources. We have a budget somewhere around the 17th biggest, yet we finished 11th last season. Currently we occupy 14th. It''s called punching above your weight. Here are some truths;RVW needs time. Give him time and see how good he becomesSnodgrass isn''t suddenly rubbish, he''s had six bad games. He will find form again.Hughton is an excellent manager and coach. Sure, he isn''t as gung-ho as Lambert. But his Norwich team finished 11th. Lambert''s Norwich team finished 12th. Get behind him because he deserves to be manager for many years to come.Gus Poyet is a ridiculous suggestion for a replacement manager. Pilkington is better than Redmond by a long way. And I really rate Redmond.

[quote user="ryanncfc"]As I don''t remember too many posts from you. Stupid to compare this with clubs such as Pompey aswell, what do they have to do with how NCFC fans should feel about their own club?[/quote]Also, I''ve been posting on here since 2004, you should be more observant.Portsmouth is an example of how terrible things can get for a club. Norwich is an example of how fantastic things can get for a club. We have similar fanbases, yet look at the difference. My point is look around, appreciate it. Enjoy it. To find something to moan about right now is ludicrous. Sack the manager after 6 games because we started the season a bit slowly? Really? Do you even know how much it costs to sack a manager, then replace him and his back room staff? The money comes from the playing budget somewhere down the line. We''re talking millions. Then there''s no guarantee on the replacement. It''s stupid. Hughton is excellent at what he does. Let''s be positive and enjoy this season.

Have you been in the medicine cupboard again ??

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="ryanncfc"]As I don''t remember too many posts from you. Stupid to compare this with clubs such as Pompey aswell, what do they have to do with how NCFC fans should feel about their own club?[/quote]Also, I''ve been posting on here since 2004, you should be more observant.Portsmouth is an example of how terrible things can get for a club. Norwich is an example of how fantastic things can get for a club. We have similar fanbases, yet look at the difference. My point is look around, appreciate it. Enjoy it. To find something to moan about right now is ludicrous. Sack the manager after 6 games because we started the season a bit slowly? Really? Do you even know how much it costs to sack a manager, then replace him and his back room staff? The money comes from the playing budget somewhere down the line. We''re talking millions. Then there''s no guarantee on the replacement. It''s stupid. Hughton is excellent at what he does. Let''s be positive and enjoy this season. [/quote]

[quote user="Jonzey"]Hughton''s negative, sack him.

''Wahhhhh Daddy, my pony is too slow, buy me another or I''ll scream and scream''

RVW is a waste of money and is rubbish.

''Wahhhhh Daddy, my new pony which arrived yesterday can''t jump an eight foot fence, and doesn''t have gold hair. Buy me a golden haired pony''

We play poor football, sack Hughton and get Poyet/O''Neill/Guardiola in.

''Wahhhhh Daddy, buy me a Ferrari. I want one NOW!!!!!!!''

Hughton took off Redmond and replaced him with Ireland International and proven match winner Pilkington. Sack him.

''Wahhhhh Daddy, I want diamonds and a tiara, if you don''t buy them I''ll hold my breath until I go purple''

Yes, negative posters I''m mocking you. You''re entitled to an opinion. Just please don''t make it a stupid, ill informed muppets opinion. You sound like spolit little rich girls. Go and have a word with a Portsmouth fan and ask them how their club has been run.
[/quote]

Apologies...........but you''re an idiot.

Have you been in the medicine cupboard again ??For being positive and backing the manager?For actually appreciating the fact we are Premier League?For refusing to moan about the tactics being less positive than what we''re used to?For not having a go at RVW? Or Snodgrass?What''s your point?

Wiz calling another poster an idiot, oh the irony.[:D][:D]

WTF is Jonzey on ? Because I want some of it.

Seriously, clearly he is a man that does not do people having their own perfectly legitimate opinion.

There''s a place in North Korea, following Dinamo Pyongyang and on whatever forum their''s is called ,mate.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]WTF is Jonzey on ? Because I want some of it.

Seriously, clearly he is a man that does not do people having their own perfectly legitimate opinion.

There''s a place in North Korea, following Dinamo Pyongyang and on whatever forum their''s is called ,mate.[/quote]It''s called positivity. I can''t believe I''m having to defend this. When ''legitimate opinions'' involve wanting a manager sacked because ''he''s a bit defensive'' is ludicrous. Unfortunately I''m in the minority arguing against this. On the plus side Wiz disagrees with me. So I know I''m in the right.

There''s a place in North Korea, following Dinamo Pyongyang and on whatever forum their''s is called ,mate.[/quote]

I reckon you''re already on some of it Reggie. Just because you disagree with Jonesy''s opinion you suggest he should post on a North Korean forum....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There''s a place in North Korea, following Dinamo Pyongyang and on whatever forum their''s is called ,mate.[/quote]

I reckon you''re already on some of it Reggie. Just because you disagree with Jonesy''s opinion you suggest he should post on a North Korean forum....

[/quote]

A joke, dear boy. Jonesy is perfectly entitled to is opinion. It''s just his dismissal of others'' I have problem with.....

I''d love some of what you''re on Mister. There''s a forum somewhere in Brussells that would be a good place for your views....

well said Jonseythere is not enough folk willing to speak up on behalf of the ''ever so ''umble''  (an inherent problem with their mindset I should imagine)we are little ole norwich and we shouldn''t be trying to get above or station ... or even talk about such stuffwho are we to expect decent football ? no ................Hughton is doing the right jobthree points less than the season before and getting us knocked out of the FA Cup by a non league clubso you stick to it Jonsey and don''t be put of by those who talk of ambition, development and progressas you say ''it h''aint for hus guv"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''d love some of what you''re on Mister. There''s a forum somewhere in Brussells that would be a good place for your views....

[/quote]

That would be the one aimed at Anderlecht fans, presumably, Nige ?

City1st, don''t label me as an ''ever so ''umble'' or whatever. Obviously I want to see the club grow and compete at a higher level. But you have to face facts, There are at least 16 clubs with bigger budgets. So for us to be where we are is worth celebrating. We shouldn''t be looking for negatives such as; ''he''s a bit defensive'', or ''he subbed Redmond, sack him now''. We can tut and be ever so slightly annoyed perhaps, but calling for the mans head is ridiculous. Hughton is top class, and once his new signings gel properly, and there were signs vs Stoke that it isn''t far off, then you''ll see the team bloom. We have a great squad, better than half the squads in the league potentially. Sacking Hughton now would f*ck all that right up as the new manager comes in with different staff, different ideas and the desire for his own players. It would put us back a year and cost millions.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

That would be the one aimed at Anderlecht fans, presumably, Nige ?[/quote]

Doubt it''s a football forum Reg.

[quote user="Jonzey"]City1st, don''t label me as an ''ever so ''umble'' or whatever. Obviously I want to see the club grow and compete at a higher level. But you have to face facts, There are at least 16 clubs with bigger budgets. So for us to be where we are is worth celebrating. We shouldn''t be looking for negatives such as; ''he''s a bit defensive'', or ''he subbed Redmond, sack him now''. We can tut and be ever so slightly annoyed perhaps, but calling for the mans head is ridiculous. Hughton is top class, and once his new signings gel properly, and there were signs vs Stoke that it isn''t far off, then you''ll see the team bloom. We have a great squad, better than half the squads in the league potentially. Sacking Hughton now would f*ck all that right up as the new manager comes in with different staff, different ideas and the desire for his own players. It would put us back a year and cost millions. [/quote]I didn''t actually call you ever so'' umble merely rather tongue in cheek suggested that you were speaking up for them.It is misrepresentation on your part to claim that calls for the removal of Hughton are based on a substitution or six games. Sadly this has been the continuous bleat of the ever so ''umble rather than engage in the debate. That debate and criticism being that many have see the team strugglefor a long consistent period, due in no small part to playing a very defensive game. Those critiscisms were met by a claim that basically it could not be blamed on Hughton as he was still using Lamberts players. No comment that when we won on Sunday 7 of the players were Lambert''s. Yet the same defensive tactics have been simply continued after this supposed opportunity to bring in his players.A tactic that can work as with Stoke, if we score first (then put up the shutters). If we don''t then there is not plan B. That is where the criticism is coming from and it''s pointless to simply dismiss so many similar opinions on this matter that are coming from so many different sources as the words of negative folk.In fact if you read your own post there is this ''little ole Norwich '' mentality when you state "There are at least 16 clubs with bigger budgets. So for us to be where we are is worth celebrating". Why should we not aspire to be the Norwich on the early 90''s. The Norwich of the 3rd place and European football, FA Cup semi finals That''s what those criticising Hughton are wanting, not cap wringing gratitude. And yet you dismiss those views as being negative ............ ye god !As to the signings you should be aware by now that they are club signings, the manager plays a very small role in who joins the club. That work is done by the scouts ( under the direction of the board) and includes quite a bit of ''due dilgence'' on the players character as well as their aptitude. The real question will be how much he can use what he has been given  - and that question remains when success appears to be achieved when he is finally using players as many supporters see they need to be used.As to your final sentence that is absurd and perhaps goes to the root of your misunderstanding of the situation and how many others are responding to it,  as were we to follow your line then we would still have Bryan Gunn ............... and probably still be expected to be grateful that we were not in League 2.

What is the basis for the paternalistic attitude too many people on here have for Hughton?

Much of last season, even the unbeaten run, was a snorefest.

Very questionable line-ups and game plans a few times this season.

People come here and overstate his talent. He''s doing ok now but not spectacular. If we show up to play and finish 13th, fine. A couple places higher than our budget, like that''s what makes a manager God-like, or means anything.

We sure spent heavily this summer so is that stat, meaningless as it is wth tv revenue, even accurate?

He''s a man. He doesn''t need overly sensitive defending. Whats''s the basis of it?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Jonzey"]City1st, don''t label me as an ''ever so ''umble'' or whatever. Obviously I want to see the club grow and compete at a higher level. But you have to face facts, There are at least 16 clubs with bigger budgets. So for us to be where we are is worth celebrating. We shouldn''t be looking for negatives such as; ''he''s a bit defensive'', or ''he subbed Redmond, sack him now''. We can tut and be ever so slightly annoyed perhaps, but calling for the mans head is ridiculous. Hughton is top class, and once his new signings gel properly, and there were signs vs Stoke that it isn''t far off, then you''ll see the team bloom. We have a great squad, better than half the squads in the league potentially. Sacking Hughton now would f*ck all that right up as the new manager comes in with different staff, different ideas and the desire for his own players. It would put us back a year and cost millions. [/quote]I didn''t actually call you ever so'' umble merely rather tongue in cheek suggested that you were speaking up for them.It is misrepresentation on your part to claim that calls for the removal of Hughton are based on a substitution or six games. Sadly this has been the continuous bleat of the ever so ''umble rather than engage in the debate. That debate and criticism being that many have see the team strugglefor a long consistent period, due in no small part to playing a very defensive game. Those critiscisms were met by a claim that basically it could not be blamed on Hughton as he was still using Lamberts players. No comment that when we won on Sunday 7 of the players were Lambert''s. Yet the same defensive tactics have been simply continued after this supposed opportunity to bring in his players.A tactic that can work as with Stoke, if we score first (then put up the shutters). If we don''t then there is not plan B. That is where the criticism is coming from and it''s pointless to simply dismiss so many similar opinions on this matter that are coming from so many different sources as the words of negative folk.In fact if you read your own post there is this ''little ole Norwich '' mentality when you state "There are at least 16 clubs with bigger budgets. So for us to be where we are is worth celebrating". Why should we not aspire to be the Norwich on the early 90''s. The Norwich of the 3rd place and European football, FA Cup semi finals That''s what those criticising Hughton are wanting, not cap wringing gratitude. And yet you dismiss those views as being negative ............ ye god !As to the signings you should be aware by now that they are club signings, the manager plays a very small role in who joins the club. That work is done by the scouts ( under the direction of the board) and includes quite a bit of ''due dilgence'' on the players character as well as their aptitude. The real question will be how much he can use what he has been given  - and that question remains when success appears to be achieved when he is finally using players as many supporters see they need to be used.As to your final sentence that is absurd and perhaps goes to the root of your misunderstanding of the situation and how many others are responding to it,  as were we to follow your line then we would still have Bryan Gunn ............... and probably still be expected to be grateful that we were not in League 2.

[/quote]

I make it five - Ruddy, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Pilkington and Howson. Neither of the used subs (Elmander and Whittaker) was a Lambert signing (which is the only way a player can sensibly be attributed to a manager). The only unused Lambert sub was Johnson, but he woudn''t be counted as contributing to the win.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Man criticised on internet discussion forum for having opinion

[/quote]

Oh the irony!

City1st:

"A tactic that can work as with Stoke, if we score first (then put up the shutters). "

Did we do that on Sunday?

Excellent OP which drew out exactly the kind of response it was a parody of. As he has said everyone is entitled to an opinion just don''t make it a stupid one (or in Wiz''s case everyone is entitled to many opinions all contradictory & stupid.

To use the term, the thing about the Hobnobs is that Hughton will never be able to deal with the true problem for them in that he is not Lambert and we are not careering through the divisions.

To deal with this they hunt in packs spreading disinformation. Like City1st''s howler above, corrected by Purple, about the number of Lambert''s signing on the pitch Sunday. Clearly he either can''t count, genuinely doesn''t know much about the club or was deliberately stating something he knows to be untrue.

The "truth" that has come into common usage is our poor form in 2013 deemed relegation form (and yes I want us to do better and more flare would be great but.....). Except it isn''t, is it? We have picked up 26 points from 24 games. Not great but better than Swansea, West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland plus the three relegated clubs. If we had taken one of the good chances v Villa we would now be sitting 11th. Pretty much par for the course.

What they don''t appreciate is how hard it is to push on from here - harder than getting here. Prem standards seem much harder this year. No use bleating about it. No use sacking the manager......

.....as if it would make a difference

I think people seem to misjudge managers with long term plans as well. It''s incredibly common for managers to focus on tightening up a teams defence first and then slowly look at expanding the football over the long term. Yes Lambert did this transition fairly quickly but the first half of the League One season he spent working on the defence/fitness and we ground out a lot of results to begin with. Due to the lower standard of football it was easier to move our attacking play forward quickly because the opposition isn''t of such a high standard that we are competing against now.I honestly think that if Lambert carried on in our second season we didn''t have the team to play attacking football again (teams would have known how to play against us) and second season syndrome would have come in to play. You just have to look at so many of the teams that went down after their second season because they thought they could outscore the opposition. You can catch the PL by surprise in the first season but the second is so much harder. We didn''t have the finances of Southampton etc to kick onto the next level last season so i think we went about it the right way.You don''t have to look too far to see most of the successful teams focus on defence first and then step it up after a year or two in attack. We still need to give out attacking players six months to really settle in. You only have to look at Rodgers'' Liverpool to see how long it takes for teams to progress their attacking plays. Liverpool were fairly defensive with little team cohesion last season after lots of signings. Only now have they really kicked on in the final third. Wenger''s first season at Arsenal saw them let in under 20 goals. Then after that he had a platform to build the football you have seen them play over the following years.I think we need to have a bit of patience, it''s only just been over a year. Please don''t get me wrong, I never want to settle for boring football but it takes time to create a free flowing game that i want to see. Against Stoke, i think we started to see that. Pilkington looked back on form and the midfield of Howson/Fer/Tettey was great on the ball just as much off it.We have Redmond, RVW and Hooper that will only get better and hopefully over the next couple of years we will see Murphy make the step up that we have all been hoping for.

In fact if you read your own post there is this ''little ole Norwich '' mentality when you state "There are at least 16 clubs with bigger budgets. So for us to be where we are is worth celebrating". Why should we not aspire to be the Norwich on the early 90''s. The Norwich of the 3rd place and European football, FA Cup semi finals ?  That''s what those criticising Hughton are wanting, not cap wringing gratitude. And yet you dismiss those views as being negative ............ ye god !

During the early 90''s I was a season ticket holder in the Barclay and remember it very well. Crazy days and I loved every minute of it.

Of course I realise now that football has changed and grown massively over the last twenty years, in particular the Premier League. Third place finishes are a ridiculous concept for a club this size as the top teams are now owned by billionaires with huge levels of investment. It really is a game of turnover vs turnover these days.

We currently have no chance of qualifying for the Champions League above Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc. They have massive strength in depth over the course of the season and to think otherwise is utter delusion.

Feel free to dream of us winning the league, but like it or not City1st, the only actual chance we have of climbing that league table is if the financial fair play levels the field, which I am not convinced about in any way.

We really do need to appreciate where we are, and that it''s not ''cap wringing'', it''s realism. Chris Hughton, and his team, and the club in general are doing a fantastic job together. Sacking Hughton for no reason is ridiculous and I think people are just moaning about ''negative football'' because there literally is nothing else to moan about.

Master J-Do Pur wrote the following post at 01/10/2013 2:57 PM:

I think people seem to misjudge managers with long term plans as well. It''s incredibly common for managers to focus on tightening up a teams defence first and then slowly look at expanding the football over the long term. Yes Lambert did this transition fairly quickly but the first half of the League One season he spent working on the defence/fitness and we ground out a lot of results to begin with. Due to the lower standard of football it was easier to move our attacking play forward quickly because the opposition isn''t of such a high standard that we are competing against now.

I honestly think that if Lambert carried on in our second season we didn''t have the team to play attacking football again (teams would have known how to play against us) and second season syndrome would have come in to play. You just have to look at so many of the teams that went down after their second season because they thought they could outscore the opposition. You can catch the PL by surprise in the first season but the second is so much harder. We didn''t have the finances of Southampton etc to kick onto the next level last season so i think we went about it the right way.

You don''t have to look too far to see most of the successful teams focus on defence first and then step it up after a year or two in attack. We still need to give out attacking players six months to really settle in. You only have to look at Rodgers'' Liverpool to see how long it takes for teams to progress their attacking plays. Liverpool were fairly defensive with little team cohesion last season after lots of signings. Only now have they really kicked on in the final third. Wenger''s first season at Arsenal saw them let in under 20 goals. Then after that he had a platform to build the football you have seen them play over the following years.

I think we need to have a bit of patience, it''s only just been over a year. Please don''t get me wrong, I never want to settle for boring football but it takes time to create a free flowing game that i want to see. Against Stoke, i think we started to see that. Pilkington looked back on form and the midfield of Howson/Fer/Tettey was great on the ball just as much off it.

We have Redmond, RVW and Hooper that will only get better and hopefully over the next couple of years we will see Murphy make the step up that we have all been hoping for.

Spot on. Excellent post.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Master J-Do Pur wrote the following post at 01/10/2013 2:57 PM:

I think people seem to misjudge managers with long term plans as well. It''s incredibly common for managers to focus on tightening up a teams defence first and then slowly look at expanding the football over the long term. Yes Lambert did this transition fairly quickly but the first half of the League One season he spent working on the defence/fitness and we ground out a lot of results to begin with. Due to the lower standard of football it was easier to move our attacking play forward quickly because the opposition isn''t of such a high standard that we are competing against now.

I honestly think that if Lambert carried on in our second season we didn''t have the team to play attacking football again (teams would have known how to play against us) and second season syndrome would have come in to play. You just have to look at so many of the teams that went down after their second season because they thought they could outscore the opposition. You can catch the PL by surprise in the first season but the second is so much harder. We didn''t have the finances of Southampton etc to kick onto the next level last season so i think we went about it the right way.

You don''t have to look too far to see most of the successful teams focus on defence first and then step it up after a year or two in attack. We still need to give out attacking players six months to really settle in. You only have to look at Rodgers'' Liverpool to see how long it takes for teams to progress their attacking plays. Liverpool were fairly defensive with little team cohesion last season after lots of signings. Only now have they really kicked on in the final third. Wenger''s first season at Arsenal saw them let in under 20 goals. Then after that he had a platform to build the football you have seen them play over the following years.

I think we need to have a bit of patience, it''s only just been over a year. Please don''t get me wrong, I never want to settle for boring football but it takes time to create a free flowing game that i want to see. Against Stoke, i think we started to see that. Pilkington looked back on form and the midfield of Howson/Fer/Tettey was great on the ball just as much off it.

We have Redmond, RVW and Hooper that will only get better and hopefully over the next couple of years we will see Murphy make the step up that we have all been hoping for.

Spot on. Excellent post.[/quote]

Second that