Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Arsenal away

Cost £25.50. Sold out, very slim chance any will go on general sale.

Watford away in the cup, didn''t sell out, ticket cost £15.50.

So it isnt the fact that it is cheap at the Emirates as Watford was cheaper, and I know how the people of Norfolk are a frugal bunch and are crafty around a pound note. I think its because secretly the masses actually get boners when we play the big teams hence them getting snapped up so quickly.

Who do you support?

I support Norwich City, not the big teams they often face.

I support Norwich City, I loathe most of Norwich City''s fans.

Where were you when we where ****?!

so it was told by NCFC PR...were you there? I was, and I can tell you it wasn''t sold out.

Fact. Arsenal was the only game we sold out on last season.

Yes I was. I got told it had sold out the day before?

Either way your point is pretty ridiculous, we sell thousands of away tickets each season, people still went to stoke when it was on TV.

The fact it was a midweek evening game in the carling cup means it wasn''t a sell out! There''s always high demand to go to London league matches because the journey time is less

People will always make the effort to see their team pit there wits against a ''top 4'' club over a Championship side - I guess it makes for a potentially more exciting match ''can we do it?'' rather than the fact they want to see Arsenal over us, plus being a Saturday makes it more feasible for most than a Tuesday game. I got a bit lucky with this match, Lee Dixon''s sorted me corporate for it so I''m desperately hoping he will be on the wrong end of the banter! Hope it''s not the same ref and lino as last seasons though...

Nice one Alex! Hope it works out so you have a great day! I''m going to this one too but no posh grub, just a pie in the Emirates blankets!! :)

I went to Watford and was definitely told it was sold out. But I didn''t go to Stoke which I believe was only £12. And I''m not going to OT which is £46 but I did go to Hull and can''t remember how much that was. So what does my away attendance say about me???

Some people are paying to see the opposition not Norwich City. Without wanting to get into the whole "real fans" thing that why the prospect of a trip to the Emirates leaves some all moist and breathless whilst a trip to Hull would leave those same "fans" unmoved.

i''d give my Left B***ck to go to away games! regardless if it was Man utd or Marine away in the 3rd round of the cup...

nothing like an away day!

OK, let''s look at this logically. All applicants with 100 points or more are guaranteed a ticket-if they buy it before tomorrow at 9 am.

Unless the number of people who applied with 100 points or more EXACTLY matches the number of our allocation of tickets, there will be some left over for general sale tomorrow. Plus there will surely be some people who applied initially but won''t, for whatever reason, have bought their ticket by tomorrow.

So log on,ring or turn up at the ticket office at 9 am tomorrow and you''ve got chance to get your ticket.

Hi Eddie, I work with Lee''s cousin who told Lee earlier this year he ''worked with a Norwich nutcase who doesn''t stop talking about NCFC, he driving us mad all day long'', so Lee surprised me and rung up and said he''d sort me out hospitality with him for the day if I wanted?. Anyway, I''ll send you a PM later with my mob number - would be good to meet up with you for a beer after all these years!

Given that all fans who applied with 100 away points got a ticket, I don''t see what the OP is complaining about - if he''d applied when tickets were first available, he''d have got one.

Prem tickets are expensive, just look at £46 for Man U and Man City will be more expensive.  So it''s understandable that a game like Arsenal, which is one of the easiest away games for most City fans to get to, will be very popular at just £25 or so.

I''m looking forward to going to Arsenal (hoping for a better result than last year) and part of the enjoyment for me is comparing it to the away games I went to in League 1, like Walsall (Cody Mac scoring the winner on a pitch that was more mud than grass) Oldham, Wycombe Wanderers etc.  We always had good away support in those days so plenty of us have followed the club through ups and downs.

Watford was an official away sell out as the club sold every single ticket that it was allocated. There may have been some empty rows at the front of one of the block or the odd empty seat as happens at every game, however it does not mean it was not a sell out. I have had mates fail to get Arseanl tickets in previous seasons irrespctive of price, yet this season they have had no problems at all. There will be about 10 of us in total, some who go every week and others who pick and chose their away mathces.

OP, did you have 100 away points?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i''d give my Left B***ck to go to away games! regardless if it was Man utd or Marine away in the 3rd round of the cup...

nothing like an away day![/quote]Agreed unfortunately my tight finances mean I have t pick and choose my away days carefully, which I dare say is true for most fans. £25 for the arsenal game is very reasonable for any premier league game considering what some clubs are charging for certain games, London is easy to get to on public transport for most City fans, hence why this has sold out. You can''t compare a league game on  a Saturday with a league cup game on a Tuesday night.Surely the only ''loyal'' fans according to the OP are the few hundred brave souls who went to Swindon for the Johnstones Paint match in 2009/10. Whereas the several thousand who went to Charlton that same season were presumably only interested in seeing Charlton??

OP, is your theory now disproved seeing as no-one wants to pay the big bucks to see United away?

Cheap tickets. Saturday kick off. Easy to get to. Some of the more major reasons it is sold out.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]so it was told by NCFC PR...were you there? I was, and I can tell you it wasn''t sold out. Fact. Arsenal was the only game we sold out on last season.[/quote]

There were plenty of away games that we sold out last season e.g. Old Trafford.  But Arsenal was the only game that went to a ballot, for all the others people who applied initially all got tickets and others went onto general sale.

This doesn''t mean every seat is occupied at the game - there are always people who can''t make it and at Watfold many of the home seats were unsold.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nice one Alex! Hope it works out so you have a great day! I''m going to this one too but no posh grub, just a pie in the Emirates blankets!! :)

I went to Watford and was definitely told it was sold out. But I didn''t go to Stoke which I believe was only £12. And I''m not going to OT which is £46 but I did go to Hull and can''t remember how much that was. So what does my away attendance say about me???

[/quote]Too fickle by half.....[:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Too fickle by half.....[:D][/quote]

Even though I was at Swindon for the paint pot but missed Bayern and Inter...

Is that like being an inverted plastic? [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you had been in Chase''s Inner Circle you may well have because he took plenty of hangers on who were given tickets and accommodation on the house for the European games who have probably never been to an away game since.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you had been in Chase''s Inner Circle you may well have because he took plenty of hangers on who were given tickets and accommodation on the house for the European games who have probably never been to an away game since.

[/quote]

Yep.. they weren''t the plastics though, they were the plain brown envelopes[;)]