Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Old Trafford for Capital One Cup Match

Surprised to see that the tickets for this match are priced at £46.00 for adults.   Would have expected the cost to be lower as City are not a big draw for Man U fans and they have all their Champion League games to pay for.   It is half term week so maybe that is the reason?

I can''t see too many being sold for a League Cup* game at that pricewere we to be in the Championship or it was the semi final they may well sell a fewbut given how we will also be in Manchester a few days later, followed by a long haul up to Newcastle the fortnight after I would suggest fans will be giving this a look long hard look and thinking maybe you can stuff your £46

* that''s what it is .............. just as it''s the FA Cup, the Premier League, the Championship and even the Champions League

If 2 adults want to go...

Cost them £92

but...

If they paid for a junior group booking, they can buy 8 under 16''s @£5 each = £40

And then add 2 adult tickets @ £15 each \= £30

Total price for 2 adults -£70...Saving £22, but empty seats around them if they can''t find ''juniors'' wanting to go.

Still too much money. Manure won''t be improving their squad from my money.

I won;t be going. Also object to the fact that "heroes" who work for the armed forces, police, NHS or fire service (in any job in any of those services it would appear) can get in for £15.

Whilst i get the initiatives laid on occasionally for our troops who have been abroad fighting in wars I find this latest ticket initiative a step too far. Fail to see why an NHS admin assistant (or indeed even a nurse or doctor as admirable a job as they do) should get in to this match at a third of the price i can just because of their choice of career.

[quote user="hairy canary"]

Cost them £92

but...

If they paid for a junior group booking, they can buy 8 under 16''s @£5 each = £40

Total price for 2 adults -£70...Saving £22, but empty seats around them if they can''t find ''juniors'' wanting to go.

[/quote]

This is crazy. Surely an across the board price of £25 would have driven better ticket sales, more revenue and ultimately a better atmosphere.

hairy canary - it''s a minimum 10 ticket booking for that adult £15 price, so don''t think that would work.

Complete rip-off, I can''t go due to work anyway but if I had been planning on it, I''d now be boycotting

Agree with Jim Smith re the ''heroes'' deal - so the Chief of Greater Manchester Police on however many hundred thousand a year could get in for £15, but the rest of us in our less ''heroic'' jobs have to swallow the £46. Bizarre

[quote user="e10_yellow"]hairy canary - it''s a minimum 10 ticket booking for that adult £15 price, so don''t think that would work.

Complete rip-off, I can''t go due to work anyway but if I had been planning on it, I''d now be boycotting[/quote]

That''s why I added the 8 junior tickets to the cost ;)

Still works out cheaper to buy the 8 junior tickets and not use them.

Just had another thought... (don''t have many, and virtually unheard of for me to have 2 in the same day).

Who sets the ticket prices for the cup matches?I recall a discussion on here about ticket prices having to be agreed by both teams in the FA cup.

Does the same apply to the Capital One Cup?

If so...why oh why has McNally and co agreed to these prices?

Cost them £92

but...

[/quote]

The price is a joke £46 is just wrong.

Not sure your plan would work , is there a minimum adult per x junior tickets? ie 2 juniors per one adult ?

Trouble is Mcnally is hardly in a position to take the high ground or act affronted on our behalf when he''s been merrily stinging away fans for £45 a ticket plus for the last two seasons.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Trouble is Mcnally is hardly in a position to take the high ground or act affronted on our behalf when he''s been merrily stinging away fans for £45 a ticket plus for the last two seasons.[/quote]

Even in the cup?

how much did Villa fans pay last year

Did he not charge some stupid amount for one of the earlier cup games then cut the prices for the later rounds after there was uproar?

Agree though there is even less justification for these prices in the league cup. I guess Man U trying to take advantage of people who can''t normally get in to Old Trafford snapping up tickets.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Did he not charge some stupid amount for one of the earlier cup games then cut the prices for the later rounds after there was uproar?

Agree though there is even less justification for these prices in the league cup. I guess Man U trying to take advantage of people who can''t normally get in to Old Trafford snapping up tickets.[/quote]Yeah, that would be Spurs in the League Cup last season. Tickets were £30 (?) if I remember rightly, and the numbers who attended (or lack of) proved what the general feeling was about the prices. Since then, Cup tickets have been more than reasonable, including the Villa quarter final which was about a tenner cheaper than the Spurs tie.I''m disappointed, as I just think £46 is far too much for this stage of the competition. I''d accept it if it was the away leg of the semi final, but not the píssing 4th round.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="hairy canary"]

Cost them £92

but...

[/quote]

The price is a joke £46 is just wrong.

Not sure your plan would work , is there a minimum adult per x junior tickets? ie 2 juniors per one adult ?

[/quote]

Believe the plan works...4 juniors per adult, hence 8 junior and 2 adult tickets ;)

Still not going though..

Fu''k ''em

Price has to be agreed between the 2 clubs and the gate receipts are shared. So i would suggest the price is much more likely to be down to McNally wanting as big a cut as possible rather than down to united.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]........Fail to see why an NHS admin assistant (or indeed even a nurse or doctor as admirable a job as they do) should get in to this match at a third of the price i can just because of their choice of career.[/quote]At last ! A legit chance to get into that that Barbara Windsor outfitOh, Matron....

Just had another thought... (don''t have many, and virtually unheard of for me to have 2 in the same day).

Who sets the ticket prices for the cup matches?I recall a discussion on here about ticket prices having to be agreed by both teams in the FA cup.

Does the same apply to the Capital One Cup?

If so...why oh why has McNally and co agreed to these prices?

[/quote]
I thought that Luton had beef with us setting the prices too low? 
"Luton were making no official comment on Wednesday but it is clear they had been pushing for higher ticket prices for the tie, which takes place on January 26. They have been given the 15pc allocation of 4,000 tickets they are entitled to under FA Cup rules."
So doesn''t sound like it. 
McNally obviously just used consultation as an excuse for expensive Spurs tickets.

I see the club are offering free coach travel for this game now, which makes the day so much more affordable for fans who are happy to get up there this way.Before the ticket prices were first released, I was hoping to not have to spend any more than £50 on ticket and travel, so I''m really happy with this news.

It''s a great gesture which helps us who would be going to the game from Norwich but not those from elsewhere. I am always mindful of the fact that a big part of our away support don''t live locally and these people will still be paying £46 for the ticket and their travel costs. Would it have been better if the club had transferred the coach costs into a ticket subsidy for all?

Shocking price, wtf is going on, what''s in it for manure to come up with prices like this!