Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

That Point from Everton game

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Have you seen Everton''s recent run?They are outplaying Man City in midfield at The Etihad right now[/quote]
They were a top 6 team when we beat them last season, and they are still a top 6 team now.
But they have a little something that they didn''t have against us don''t they? They didn''t have a Lukaku at Carrow Road. That''s 4 in 3 now from him, and he could extend that by the end of this game.
Out of interest though, who actually stated that a point to Everton wasn''t decent? Most people thought it was a decent point at the time?

We said at the time that Everton were a decent side and I thought a draw was the fair result, on the day.

With their unbeaten run, like you say, it''s a good point to have gained.

If Martinez can tighten up their defence they will mess a lot of teams up. I know Martinez couldn''t sort out Wigan''s defence, but they were obviously different class of defenders, but with the likes of Distain, who for me has been the top CH over the last 10 years, still there, they could do even better.

If you take the first three games of the season I think I predicted the same results just not from the same games.

I thought we''d find the first game of the season with so many new faces a bit tough against a team that had hardly any. They still had Fellani back then too.

My prediction was a loss to Everton (by a goal), win away at Hull and a draw at home to Southampton.

[quote user="chicken"]If you take the first three games of the season I think I predicted the same results just not from the same games.

I thought we''d find the first game of the season with so many new faces a bit tough against a team that had hardly any. They still had Fellani back then too.

My prediction was a loss to Everton (by a goal), win away at Hull and a draw at home to Southampton.[/quote]I can see why you don''t bother with the "Ray''s funds" thread. [:D]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

???? Errr, they''ve just been thrashed at Man City![:S]

[/quote]
And we beat Man City 3-2 away. 

I said at the time it was a very good point because Everton are a very, very good side.

Remember quite a few people saying Martinez would have them in a relegation scrap.