Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Norwich v. Chelsea match thread (armchair version.)

Pretty good first half, got some shots away, tested Cech a couple of times, conceded one early sloppy goal but Chelsea haven''t seemed to of threatend us too much. RVW looks good today, not sure whats going on with Snods and Pilks, do they keep swapping sides? Or do they just seem out of position alot? Fer and Tetty seems to have solved the cm problem, just need that bit of fire power. Hooper?

Not playing too bad. Olsson looking excellent again. Bassong and Ruddy having ''mares, not sure how much the sun can blamed for that. If it''s still the same around the 70 minute mark hopefully we''ll see Hooper and Redmond come on and throw caution to the wind.

For me Fer Is a quality above our other players, shown some quality already. Need to get him involved further up and laying on passes for RVW, Pilks and Snoddy

One thing you can say about us we have built up play against chelsea, very few teams this season can say that. chelsea seem to be pumping in long balls whereas we''re building from the back with quick passes to get forward, and we''re actually getting it into their box.

Good effort from Norwich after the shock of conceding early. Only major weakness that is apparent is Pilkington who has shown repetitively through the first half that he is not at the fitness level to keep up with the play. Whenever he loses the ball or has to run to compete for it he almost gives up right away. To be fair to him, he took a knock right at the beginning of the game from Luiz. This is a game where we cannot afford to carry a player whose fitness is not there so I expect a change at half-time.

For me Fer Is a quality above our other players, shown some quality already. Need to get him involved further up and laying on passes for RVW, Pilks and Snoddy

---------------------------------------

certainly showing where he got the nickname "the bouncer"

I thought he was playing quite far up though, seems it was tettey back - howson mid - and fer just in front. with fer coming back when needed.

Bassong hasn''t been at his best all season - would have kept R Bennett myself.

add a striker and you take away from the midfield which is being excellent right now, lose someone from the midfield and god knows if we will even get any possession. I''d pop redders on for snodders.