Sign in to follow this  
Tony Spirelli

Worthy should stay - how many managers can get teams out of Div 1?

Am as disappointed and frustrated as all city fans, but thoughts on the season are largely summed up as:

- Worthy too loyal to flemming: at 33 yrs of age he should be able to organise the back 4, clearly unable to do so, just a lack of ability on his part so no point in blaming him. Plus, he''s too short for the prem, only need to look at teams like blackburn with so many 6 footers (yes they play sh1te footy but they stayed up). Also, we didn''t use Safri, Doc, Helveg and Charlton often enough when they were fit. Why sign new players only to use the same X1 as last season?

Am pleased for the Baggies in a strange way, it''s good to see that the 3 teams who go up don''t go straight back down. I think if you take AJ and Routledge from the Palace team, they have no real threats, and the Saints will go into financial meltdown on top of losing best players. Odds for a crazy move like Clive Woodward to take over?

For next year, my team would be:

Ward

New RB   Doc   Shacks  Drury/Charl

Johnson Safri  New CM  Hucks

Ashton  Mcenzie

A bit of height needed throughout the team, we will be back at the first time of asking, I have no doubt of that. Hucks/Deano & Leon to get 50-60 goals between them. Hopefully this time next year when we''ve regained our place in the elite, we''ll be investing in some decent defenders. It''s time to consolidate on what we have built this year!

OTBC

Worthy is a good man manager IMO. For example, last season (promotion season) we had Hendo playing on the wing for much of the season. Now hes not a great player but if a team is confident and has the wright attitude i think thats how you can get promoted. Obviously you need quality which was huckerby and co

with our current players chosen and/or new ones:

---------------------Green-------------
helveg/new-charlton/new-shackell-drury
------------------Safri----------------
--------Francis-----------------------
mcveigh--------------------Huckerby-
--------Ashton-----Mckenzie----------

or

---------------Green-------------
new--------new-----shackell------drury
------------------Safri----------------
--------Francis-----------------------