Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Ricky...

Before I go on I would just like to say that I think today''s performance was superb. Yes, we could probably improve in the final third but we were by no means thrashed. It took one mistake for Chelsea to seize the win and sometimes that happens. I hope we play like that against arsenal.

However I have to draw RVW to attention. No, I don''t think he is a flop or a waste of cash, I am confident that once he adapts to the game he''ll start banging them in. He has proved he is a talented player and he just needs to adapt into a playstyle fitting for the premier league.

But I think it''s time we drop him. He didn''t really have a good game today and to be honest he had a shocker of a miss. I think we should drop him and replace him with hoops. I don''t think it''s right that we keep a player in the first XI even if they did cost £8M. Hooper needs to be given a chance too and to be honest I am confident he can step up to the role in the premier league. Likewise, so can RVW, but he needs to benched until he proves he is good enough to be in the first XI.

Opinions?

yeah think he''s a solid player but needs to be better at hassling the opposition, closing down and holding the ball up. It''s hard on his own but these are essential roles for a lone striker. Would still expect him to start against Arsenal but a similar performance should probably warrant a Hooper start against Cardiff.

You''re wrong, do you think Hooper would have got above Luiz/Terry to head back to Pilkington?

The kids making all the right runs, working hard and playing with a propa passion for NCFC.

Our fault is were just not clinical enough in that final third. We want 2/3 touches were Chelsea players can do it in one. We literally supply nothing for him.

Also dont remember a ''shocker of a miss''

I thought that he had a very good game today and don''t really remember the ''miss'' that was a shocker.

However, I agree with you that Hooper should not be automatically second choice as he was today. Perhaps a time on the bench will do RVW good and a few successful impact scenarios might do a lot  for his confidence and adjustment.

I hope to see them both in tandem quite a lot this season and in this respect see no particular future for Elmander as Hooper likes to lurk in a less than forward position a lot. On the other hand, Howson played a good attacking game today whilst Wes should never be a long forgotten and we still have a Quagliarella thread bubbling on this forum.

Work all that out Mr. H.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Totally disagree.

Thought today was his best performance for us so far.[/quote]
Imagine how he''d play with a little more support.

The shocker I was referring to was when in the 2nd half RVW was running in on goal and when about 10-15 yards out he hit the ball wide.

Mind you, being in the river end I may not of got the best view. There was a lot of kicking and screaming when it happened though.

Ricky had his best game in a Norwich shirt today. He ran his socks off! Although i have noticed he has now started to drop and come and look for the ball a lot more than in the earlier games and i was impressed today especially with his assist. It was thoroughly deserved. I''d also like to see Hoops in the team from the start and maybe Ricky playing just behind him. I think that would be a possible good position for him and Hoops could play of him.

"He didn''t really have a good game today"

I think this is one of your little jokes, he was everywhere today, fantastic leap for the goal, made some excellent runs, the problem wasn''t him, it was that we couldn''t pick him up!

RvW is definitely improving, it is pretty obvious that Premiership football has been a complete culture shock for him. I am surprised he has played the full 90 minutes so often this season when he really has been struggling.

In the end I thought he was unlucky to be subbed today, he seemed to be finally making an impact in the game and he was hauled off. Although I agree Hooper deserves a chance.

Oh to be a manager having to make these decisions.

I think that miss you''re talking about was the excellent challenge but John Terry where he just got a foot in first and flicked the ball onto RVWs chest so it went out?

Best performance yet from RVW I thought.

This is Hilarious!

Ricky was excellent today! Really mature play and ran himself to a standstill! A real team player!

Great effort!

Snake