Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Great performance but....

I watched the game on sky sports today and thought the atmosphere in the ground was superb, it was a good performance.

However I watched all the highlights after the game and thought that closing down of Chelsea players in general was missing especially for the first goal, it doesn''t matter how much class Chelsea have you have to get tight to players.

Definetly a much better performance from previous weeks though.

OTBC

They completely dominated the midfield as Fer was forced to constantly drop back to defence!

And Snoddy started to moan at some players when they didn''t pass the ball again.....even though there were times when he made no attempt to go to the ball.

But overall happy with the performance today, we were simply up against a team that had better breaks than us (and some iffy ref decisions throughout the game!)

The 3rd goal was pretty special to see from where I was sitting too!

"thought that closing down of Chelsea players in general was missing"that has been one of the continual failings so faralong with the static play ie remain where you are, the bloke with the ball will do his best to get it to youthankfully the tactics are changing bit by bitwe no longer get the old turn and pass it back when you get into their half tacticor the much used '' do not shoot at any price'' which has also now been droppedlikewise the strategy of waiting until added time before bringing on substitutes there is hope

So maybe it''s not the tactics the manager employs, but the fact that the players are starting to learn each others'' games and gaining in confidence at the same time? Also, I think players reaching full fitness and returning from injury has had an effect as well.