Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Ruddy....

I personally think that Chelsea''s long-ball tactics were designed to exploit the conditions today and worked very well. Demba Ba caused riot in the first half.Ruddy got well under the ball at one point, completely missed it and then somehow managed to recover in time to make the save. I was surprised (pleasantly) that we didn''t try the same second half.

[quote user="Mungo Lloyd"]Because they don''t work.If you don''t believe me next time it''s sunny put a cap on and look straight up at the sun.[/quote]I play as a keeper, and tried to wear a cap once or twice when I had to play against the sun. The problem is that when you look down or straight, the cap may keep the sun out of your eyes, but for high balls you have to look up, and then, because of the sudden change in light, it is even more blinding. I remember seeing nothing but red circles on one occasion.

''Generally he was ok''

If that was true we wouldn''t be bringing him up as a major talking point from the game ...

[quote user="canary forever"]Generally he was ok today few keepers play with a cap these days[/quote]

Thought he was poor today - very nervous in the first half and should have saved Hazard''s shot. Suspect the pressure of playing in front of his next manager got to him......

Getting a teeny bit concerned. I didn''t think he was good against Stoke (kicking was awful), & he might have done better for their 2nd goal.

This is heretical, but at the moment I''m not too sure that Bunn mightn''t be the better option - at the moment. Unfortunately Bunn will always be a bit too small at this level.

Posted below on the match thread, I am a great fan of Ruddys but today he was not his usual reliable self:

Only sight downside for me was Ruddys performance. Didn''t look confident during whole game.

I wonder if in back of his mind he knew that a storming performance against Chelsea on TV could have seen him pushing Hart.

Never mind sure the big man will back to his best against Arsenal

Jesus!! Ba was all over him, twice jumping straight into him when he had both hands on the ball and the pathetic ref did nothing. Ba had complete freedom to elbow, foul, and dive whenever he wanted and the ref did diddly squat as bloody usual.

I don''t think there was much Ruddy could do about it, Chelsea just noticed that three thousand Norwich fans in the Barclay were struggling to see and thought it might be a good idea to pump some high balls into the box. 
It''s the type of thing that a Lambert team would do, simple but very clever. 
I just wondered whether a cap would help, but as somebody who is shorter than Mark Bunn and therefore never played in goal I will take Budapest Canary''s word for it. 

[quote user="Scooby"]Jesus!! Ba was all over him, twice jumping straight into him when he had both hands on the ball and the pathetic ref did nothing. Ba had complete freedom to elbow, foul, and dive whenever he wanted and the ref did diddly squat as bloody usual.[/quote]
Blatant penalty aside (Pilkington), we did have a few things go our way too. Turner pretty much rugby tackling somebody outside of the box was one of them. 
The referee did well in the first half I thought, would let play run and didn''t blow up for silly fouls, the penalty call was the bad decision of the day I thought.
Weren''t enough in RVW''s though, he just didn''t get his head to the ball.