Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

much better from rvw today

well i thought he had his best game so far for all round involvement and contribution.. it''s hard to get a good perspective from the lower N&P compared to the jarrold but he looked impressive, aggressive and the cushioned knock back for the goal was spot on.

Didn''t you understand the ''so far'' part of that comment?

Agree with the op.

Great header for the assist on Pilkington''s goal, though as I watched it on Sky in true plastic style I couldn''t judge lots of his off the ball work.

Close to MOM????

He can join the queue way behind Pilkington...Howson...Fer...Martin.....and even Redmond for that matter......

Played really well Spartacus, the challenge now is for us to pick up his runs and get the ball into him, one classic today where he made a great run and fair play to Tettey, he picked it up but just did not have the quality to get the ball into him. The more we learn about his game the more those runs will be spotted and will bare fruit, no doubt.

I''m looking forward to seeing RvW in combination with (a fit) Pilkington on the left and Redmond on the right.

IMO Snodgrass is the sand in the gears at the moment, I love his commitment, but I just don''t thing his style of play suits RvW''s attributes...

Ruddy

Martin, Bassong, Bennett, Olsson

Fer, Johnson, Howson

Redmond RvW Pilkington

[quote user="Surfer"]I''m looking forward to seeing RvW in combination with (a fit) Pilkington on the left and Redmond on the right.

IMO Snodgrass is the sand in the gears at the moment, I love his commitment, but I just don''t thing his style of play suits RvW''s attributes...

Ruddy

Martin, Bassong, Bennett, Olsson

Fer, Johnson, Howson

Redmond RvW Pilkington[/quote]
What have Turner and Tettey done to deserve getting dropped?

[quote user="Surfer"]Nothing in particular - I just think that Bennett and Johnson are better...[/quote]
Going on todays performance it should be Bassong who is rested for a couple of weeks, and bad mistake today aside.... Tettey has been excellent over the last few games?

I thought RVW looked alright today, put himself about a bit and looked like he has started to adjust to the physicality of the league, particularly as we were playing a team with a couple of very physical defenders.
Didn''t look like a player who was troubled by his lack of goals, which is a good sign, a week or two ago it looked like he was starting to feel the pressure. Today he got a good assist, which is as good as a goal for the team. 
It is taking time but he will come good. Not sure I''d have him anywhere near MOM, but those will come.