Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Results going against us - pressure mounting

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Good lord, what''s with the paranoia today. Another thread with a contributor reading things into comments that aren''t there.

Ok, Stoke looked bad today but maybe that''s because we msde them look bad in the first half and while giving up possession in the 2nd half, we completely shut them down. But ricardo, gref didn''t say our win over Soton was against a poor team. Heck, they''re top 6 right now.

The problem is (or was, now it''s been taken care of) (hopefully) the losses to out of form, inferior teams.

With 2 road wins in 5 days, there''s no reason to think the corner hasn''t been turned.[/quote]There are always corners, football has never been anything else than ups and downs.My point is that you saw a corner that wasn''t really there.[:D][/quote]

perhaps he is a linesman

[/quote]I''m pretty sure he once told us he was a teacher..

Hull-Villa 0-0

Cardiff-Newcastle 1-2

Fulham-Stoke 1-0

Liverpool-Palace 3-1

Annoyed by Fulham late goal. A draw there would have suited us fine. Also hoped Cardiff would get the draw but it was not to happen.

Cardiff losing momentum is not a bad thing for us anyway.

Palace seems a lost case already.

Hoping for Sunderland loss tonight.

West ham winning unlikely. WBA getting a point off Arsenal...

Anyone still in doubt our fye will by and large be sealed by other teams failings?

Played well today, but no points.

Need to beat WH and Cardiff in next two home games, and WH now getting a big away win, gaining confidence, will not help us

"Anyone still in doubt our fye will by and large be sealed by other teams failings?"

what a load of idiotic drivelgiven that both teams cannot take 3 points from each game there will always be "other teams failings"our position come next May will chiefly be determined by how many points we achieveand as the season has hardly begun stop soiling yourself and enjoy the fun there''s over seven months more to go

No spiral of dispair, its just that I doubt we are able to collect enough points on our own (40-ish) to survive, and currently we are on 7 from 7, equalling 38 from 38, which will keep us in a dogfight.

Yes, I know, a lot of twists and turns before May, but the point with this thread is to highlight how benefitial it is to us when other teams dàw ( 1 point disappears in thin air)

Come May you will likely see this if we fail to accumulate enough points on our own

"its just that I doubt we are able to collect enough points on our own (40-ish) to survive"so what do you suggest ?we ask some other club to win points for usand how come 40 ish points is survival whereas 38 is not ?

ps we had 3 points this time last season - were you soiling yourself then ?