Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Results going against us - pressure mounting

We may be cut of from the rest of the pack with losses against Stoke and Ars/Chels.

At the moment, even Villa are beating Man C, Hull winning again, etc.

Soon we will be firmly planted in the relegation zone.

Hughton will be interview on Sky, and he will say in a calm manner that it was always going to be a long hard season. He asks us not to panic.

Even 10 points from safety in December he will tell us not to panic.

Must beat Stoke now, just to keep up with the rest.

The outlook is bleak.

ANd now Cardiff scored, wining 2-1 at Fulham. A draw would suit us fine, but wasnt to be. Hull winning, WBA winning away at Man U, Villa winning.

Horrible weekend for us.

Yes terrible day for teams at the bottom who are not winning games , Palace , City ,West Ham and Fulham starting to look like this seasons relegation battlers .

Winning against teams around us is key, yes.

But, other teams failing to win is just as much a key.

Last season, a big part of our survival was other teams failing to win key matches, drawing against other teams around us, thus 1 point disappearing in thin air (2 points ditched out instead of 3), etc.

So far this season, we have had no such luck, and with dull Hughton, we will get no luck, because the guy does not make his own luck.

Look at Cardiff, Hull, Soton, Swansea.

They go for it, play offensive football, and they dont worry about consequences, more or less as we did in the first season back in the Premier.

Now, with the defensive Hoots at the helm, everything else seem to go against us too.

Looks like A&E are going to be busy tonight.Don''t play with anything sharp or go near the river.[:D]

[quote user="ricardo"]Looks like A&E are going to be busy tonight.Don''t play with anything sharp or go near the river.[:D][/quote]A good bit of advice there lets hope Hughton takes heed of it .

Woukd be nice to win yes, but not likely for us to win away at Stoke.

My money will be on a 1-0 loss, and Hoot willl probably be happy to escape with a credible loss....

Sunderland changing manager and can expected to get an upturn in fortunes. West Ham will win most home games and cant see them down there.

Fulahm and Palace may well struggle, yes.

Fulham with an aging squad, Palace are just not good enough.

Our biggest worry is that Hull and Cardiff are playing so well, getting points on the board. They will likely fade off during the season, but it is not likley that we will improve a lot, judging on the last 12 months under Hughton....5 wins from 27 is it?

I am usually an optimist, but with this hopeless manager at the helm , the club is slowly going for the drop.

"nutty nigel"

"Herman "I can smell your nappies from here! Lightweights.

Morty...Is that you

Wait until I''ve had my Saturday beer ration. It''ll make Morty sound like Sister Wendy.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Clueless Chris still won''t go on the attack either tomorrow. I am already resigned to championship football unless mcnasty gets shot of him very quickly[/quote]Same here.  Even the 38 points I thought Hughton may get seems a pipedream at the mo. Champs here we come unless McNasty grows a pair and admits his mistake in dumping Lambert for a yes man. 

I have felt pressure for three seasons. Although the nerves have begun extra early this year.

Right from the seasons start  I am looking for other teams to fail.

Even the first weekend I remember looking at other teams results - thinking that''s a good / bad result for us etc.

I did it today at 5pm - looking eagerly at final score on t.v  to see who has tripped up, to help our cause.

Many fans are doing the same. Despite our record spending there is a serious lack of confidence with fans and players.

This is due to a long term lack of results, or when some points have come, I have often felt them to be lucky - even undeserved.

[quote user="paul moy"]unless McNasty grows a pair and admits his mistake in dumping Lambert for a yes man.  [/quote]Not sure you''ve got the circumstances of Lambert leaving 100% correct here Paul. Still eh....... [:D]

As we have played no one currently below 9th in the table it''s a tad early to be pant wetting. Cut-price incontinence pads may be available on the market.

Before today we were 17th on goal difference, and we are still 17th on goal difference.
The team in 16th lost.
We now have the game in hand.
If we lose there is no change, if we draw we go equal 16th (/17th on goal difference).
If we win we could go 13th in results go our way.
So what exactly is the problem? It is in our own hands, we only need to concern ourselves with our own results.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]As we have played no one currently below 9th in the table it''s a tad early to be pant wetting. Cut-price incontinence pads may be available on the market.[/quote]Indeed, but the others are so high cos they beat us !!!!!!!!

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/cheshirekat1234/media/lemmings.jpg.html][IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g91/cheshirekat1234/lemmings.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]Before today we were 17th on goal difference, and we are still 17th on goal difference.
The team in 16th lost.
We now have the game in hand.
If we lose there is no change, if we draw we go equal 16th (/17th on goal difference).
If we win we could go 13th in results go our way.
So what exactly is the problem? It is in our own hands, we only need to concern ourselves with our own results.
[/quote]Positive post like this have no place on this forum.

Whilst watching the Villa game I heard it said that Villa had only won 6 of the last 34 home games. Christ!!! we would have 3 managers strung up on the centre circle before that happened at CR.

Well, all you Hughton lovers, let me remind you that we have had the easiest looking season opening for many decades, yet we have amassed very few points.

The only game we expected nothing from was Tottenham.

All the rest could have been better.

Losing against Hull and Villa were low points We should at least draw against sides like that as they are assumed to be around us in the table come May.

Too early to look at league position. Hull not below 9th? Teams can jump half the table early season...as we could.

Would it be more realistic to rate the value of our performance by looking at where the opposition finished last season ?

Eg Draw against Man U = massive result. Draw against Hull = disaster. (based on their finishing position last year.) 

RVW 4YC wrote:

We''re not actually in the bottom people!

Yes we are doing very well to have 4 points from 5 games, and sitting 4th from bottom with Stoke, Chelsea, Arsenal and Cardiff next up. Absolutely terrific. The Hughton way is right, none of that gung-ho stuff for us, I mean, it doesn''t bring results, just ask Villa, Hull, Cardiff and Southampton supporters for a start. Bet they would love to have our boss!