Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Chris Hughton's Yellow And Green Army!!!!

Positive post, bored with all the moaning,Whoever was following Paul Lambert was going to have an hard time and im sure some of you genuinley want CH to fail so you can polish your own little ego''s. Norwich City are a working progress going through a transitional period. CH deserves some respect for what he did for us last season, our highest league finish in 2 decades, higher than a certain Mr Lambert could take us, wins against Man U, Arsenal and Man City. He has stabilised our defence and brought in some quality players that need time to adjust to the English game and fit into our side. Im sure CH wants to play the expansive, attractive football we all want to see, but he has to have the players to do that, currently we dont, but we are getting there slowly.Some of the comments and threads are utterly pathetic, to even consider sacking someone after 5 games, to call RVW one of the ''biggest ever Premier League flops'' and calling the Aston Villa game ''The most humilated youve felt since supporting Norwich City'' is ludicrous and child like.We battered Villa, dominated the midfield, dominated possesion, almost doubled the amount of passes they did, spent far more time in their half than they did ours. We were unlucky, 5 guilt edge chances (RWV 2, Penalty and Hoopers, Clark'' almost putting in his own goal), on another day all 5 would have gone in. Guzan getting MOM speaks volumes. The Villa threat once Benteke and Agbonlaor went off was zero, absolutly zero.The booing at the replacing of Redmond was bizarre, anyone could see that he had been ineffective, inefficient and was getting increasingly frustrated, taking him off was the correct decision. On the other side everything we did well was down that right and side, unfortunatley that final ball from Snodgrass/Martin wasnt quite there, my only crititism is the amount of crosses we put straight down the on form Guzan''s throat.Same story at Hull, the sending off probably was the worst thing that could have happened to us, as it forced Hull to sit all 10 men behind the ball to defend their lead,which was handed to them by a very soft penalty.We were beat by a Spurs side that may have a real chance of challenging for the title.We beat a Southampton side who won at Anfield last week, we took a point from and were unlucky not to beat a Everton side that is still unbeaten.Now is not the time to be negative, now is the time to get behind the boys and CH, starting with a confidence boosting win tomorrow and taking that momentum in to a winnable game on Sunday. Yes the ''style'' could be better, but losing and the thought of relagtion is too much of a gamble to take. If you want to be entertained, dont go to away games, stay home, watch abit of La Liga and X-Factor, if you want what is best for Norwich City Football Club go support the boys and go support Chirs Hughton.

agree with every word... if Snoddy had scored the penalty no one would even give a sh*t about Hughton this week.Win tomorrow and the feel good factor returns. win Saturday, or even get a point and its not a disaster.its 5 games people.. not 35....

Couldn''t disagree more with the OP.We are not improving, the defence is not more solid and the players are capable of playing expansive football.No one is arguing the squad is not better than 2 years ago and yet that squad was able to play that way.What is clear is that Hughton and his team do not believe the players are good enough.

100% agree, looking forward to the trip to Watford tomorrow and Stoke on Sunday, my first games of the season.

I am 100% behind Hughton

If we go to Stoke, have a real go, create a bit of sustained pressure in their final third, look like a team capable and full of belief who are fully behind the manager with some real zip then I take back everything and give him a stay of execution but it won''t happen. It;s not 5 games, it''s half of last season as well, we started badly, went on an extrodinary run, then went into freefall, the football was tepid and cautious and nothing has changed but is getting worse. I love the guy, he would get all the backing in the world from everyone, we''ve welcomed him, supported him through some terrible times last year, we''ve backed him with money and yet he refuses to change. Most managers would give their right arm to manage our club with that transfer budget, a large loyal fanbase and the backing to build - he has to grasp it and CHANGE. EVERY fan would be behind him then but he must change rapidly. He has a credibility gap and has had for a while. Lose 3-2 at Stoke and give the fans something to hang onto that we will have a go. Do something because our play and the feel of everything is moribund at the minute.

I would have liked to see Redmond stay on the field on Saturday, but apart from that I agree with op, we do need to give it time, at least 10 league games before we even think about sacking anyone, do act before would be crazy. Got a horrible feeling tony pullis would be the man to take over and that''s something no norwich fan would want

I pretty much agree with the OP on this

My worry is some of the vitriol has gone too far and he will never be accepted by a section of the support that seem to think we should win every game 3 or 4 nil.

My hope is that somehow we win at stoke and then at least put up good performances against the big three coming up with a thumping win over Cardiff. Then some might back off a bit.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Couldn''t disagree more with the OP.We are not improving, the defence is not more solid and the players are capable of playing expansive football.No one is arguing the squad is not better than 2 years ago and yet that squad was able to play that way.What is clear is that Hughton and his team do not believe the players are good enough.[/quote]We conceeded 8 goals less last year under CH, than we did the year before under PLBut dont let the stats cloud your ''Hughton Out'' vision

Sorry yellow shirt.

Defence now is considerably better than it ever was under PL

The performance of Ryan Bennett and turner showed that even without Bassong

We have better players than we had before - and if you really think Hooper and RVW aren''t a step up on Simeon Jackson and Steve Morison and even Grant Holt (much though I loved him) then again we need to agree to disagree. And if you''re not of the opinion that Leroy Fer is going to be a huge player for NcFc then again, I disagree.

As Tilly very neatly summed up on another thread, CH has sourced some very good bullets. Now we need to practise firing them.

But the squad is considerably stronger than it was in my view. I do agree that the performances so far are not.

CDMullins wrote: Im sure CH wants to play the expansive, attractive football we all want

to see, but he has to have the players to do that, currently we dont,

but we are getting there slowly.
Who exactly are you expecting us to sign in January? Neymar, Ronaldo and Cavani? He''s bought in players this summer who are supposedly able to play a more expansive and attacking style than last season. Although he missed out on either/or Quagliarella and Toivonen, these players would have been just one part of the jigsaw. The problem is the players he''s signed seem to have had any creative spark and enthusiasm for the game surgically removed as part of their medical.CDMullins wrote: Now is not the time to be negative, now is the time to get behind the

boys and CH, starting with a confidence boosting win tomorrow and taking

that momentum in to a winnable game on Sunday. Yes the ''style'' could be

better, but losing and the thought of relagtion is too much of a gamble

to take.
Too late, the negative tactics, the attitude of lets not concede a goal and may be we can nick a winner (and failing to do so) has spread from the dressing room to the stands. The manager is not responsible for entertaining the crowd, but motivating the team so they have at least a couple of shots on target in each half. I couldn''t care less about the style we play. Ask any West Ham fan if they are happy with the hoofball being played at Upton Park and they''ll tell you the same, supporters are entertained as long as their team is winning on a regular basis, that''s all that matters. At the moment, even with referees giving debatable decisions to us like the hand ball on Saturday, we still can''t score let alone win a football match.Fleck@Milwall wrote: If we go to Stoke, have a real go, create a bit of sustained pressure in

their final third, look like a team capable and full of belief who are

fully behind the manager with some real zip then I take back everything

and give him a stay of execution but it won''t happen. It;s not 5 games,

it''s half of last season as well, we started badly, went on an

extrodinary run, then went into freefall, the football was tepid and

cautious and nothing has changed but is getting worse.
My sentiments exactly. IF They turn it around and go on an extraordinary run again, which with the fixtures coming up they need to, I will be one of the first to eat humble pie and say that I was wrong. But in my opinion it''s a big if.

[quote user="timncfc"]I would have liked to see Redmond stay on the field on Saturday, but apart from that I agree with op, we do need to give it time, at least 10 league games before we even think about sacking anyone, do act before would be crazy. Got a horrible feeling tony pullis would be the man to take over and that''s something no norwich fan would want[/quote]As said in a previous post, who cares as long as we start scoring goals and winning football matches?

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Couldn''t disagree more with the OP.We are not improving, the defence is not more solid and the players are capable of playing expansive football.No one is arguing the squad is not better than 2 years ago and yet that squad was able to play that way.What is clear is that Hughton and his team do not believe the players are good enough.[/quote]We conceeded 8 goals less last year under CH, than we did the year before under PLBut dont let the stats cloud your ''Hughton Out'' vision[/quote]And won 2 less games, scored 11 less goals, finished with a worse goal difference and 3 less points.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="timncfc"]I would have liked to see Redmond stay on the field on Saturday, but apart from that I agree with op, we do need to give it time, at least 10 league games before we even think about sacking anyone, do act before would be crazy. Got a horrible feeling tony pullis would be the man to take over and that''s something no norwich fan would want[/quote]As said in a previous post, who cares as long as we start scoring goals and winning football matches?[/quote]95% of people on here are more concerned about how we are playing than our actual results

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Couldn''t disagree more with the OP.We are not improving, the defence is not more solid and the players are capable of playing expansive football.No one is arguing the squad is not better than 2 years ago and yet that squad was able to play that way.What is clear is that Hughton and his team do not believe the players are good enough.[/quote]We conceeded 8 goals less last year under CH, than we did the year before under PLBut dont let the stats cloud your ''Hughton Out'' vision[/quote]And won 2 less games, scored 11 less goals, finished with a worse goal difference and 3 less points.

[/quote]But ''made our defence more solid'' and ''Came higher than we did under PL''

"Norwich City are a working progress going through a transitional period."what a load of cliched, nonsensical gibberishevery ruddy team is ''in progress'' whereby players are evolving and developing as is the tactics and the understanding between playersthe job of a manager at this level is to ensure that not only happens smoothly but also continues to deliverHughton has been here over a year and three transfer windows, he is paid to deliver and bar that blip last autumn has failed to deliver, the evidence is not only in the league table but for all too see on the pitchresults at this early stage can be manipulated to suit whatever case you are trying to make - but the performances over a long period cannot - and they show a consistent failing in the managers ability to get resultsand thay are what ultimately determines how effective he isHughton has failed for too long, and no amount of hackneyed cliches will cover up that fact

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Couldn''t disagree more with the OP.
We are not improving, the defence is not more solid and the players are capable of playing expansive football.
No one is arguing the squad is not better than 2 years ago and yet that squad was able to play that way.
What is clear is that Hughton and his team do not believe the players are good enough.
[/quote]

We conceeded 8 goals less last year under CH, than we did the year before under PL

But dont let the stats cloud your ''Hughton Out'' vision
[/quote]

but our goal difference was 3 worse, you can make stats say whatever you want.

We haven''t improved under Hughton

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="timncfc"]I would have liked to see Redmond stay on the field on Saturday, but apart from that I agree with op, we do need to give it time, at least 10 league games before we even think about sacking anyone, do act before would be crazy. Got a horrible feeling tony pullis would be the man to take over and that''s something no norwich fan would want[/quote]

As said in a previous post, who cares as long as we start scoring goals and winning football matches?
[/quote]

95% of people on here are more concerned about how we are playing than our actual results
[/quote]

Did you dream this stat up or can you provide any evidence

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Couldn''t disagree more with the OP.We are not improving, the defence is not more solid and the players are capable of playing expansive football.No one is arguing the squad is not better than 2 years ago and yet that squad was able to play that way.What is clear is that Hughton and his team do not believe the players are good enough.[/quote]We conceeded 8 goals less last year under CH, than we did the year before under PLBut dont let the stats cloud your ''Hughton Out'' vision[/quote]And won 2 less games, scored 11 less goals, finished with a worse goal difference and 3 less points.

[/quote]But ''made our defence more solid'' and ''Came higher than we did under PL''[/quote]But it''s only because the teams below us did worse. Only 3 sides won less than 10 games in Lambert''s season, it was 6 last year. Those 3 extra points would have seen us finish in the top half last year. So it is a backwards step and if it continues this year it''s gonna be even closer to relegation than last, and sadly it looks to be heading that way. I hope it doesn''t and we go on a 15 game unbeaten run and end up in the top 8, but even the most optimistic of us would struggle to realistically say that''s going to happen.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Couldn''t disagree more with the OP.We are not improving, the defence is not more solid and the players are capable of playing expansive football.No one is arguing the squad is not better than 2 years ago and yet that squad was able to play that way.What is clear is that Hughton and his team do not believe the players are good enough.[/quote]We conceeded 8 goals less last year under CH, than we did the year before under PLBut dont let the stats cloud your ''Hughton Out'' vision[/quote]And won 2 less games, scored 11 less goals, finished with a worse goal difference and 3 less points.

[/quote]But ''made our defence more solid'' and ''Came higher than we did under PL''[/quote]But it''s only because the teams below us did worse. Only 3 sides won less than 10 games in Lambert''s season, it was 6 last year. Those 3 extra points would have seen us finish in the top half last year. So it is a backwards step and if it continues this year it''s gonna be even closer to relegation than last, and sadly it looks to be heading that way. I hope it doesn''t and we go on a 15 game unbeaten run and end up in the top 8, but even the most optimistic of us would struggle to realistically say that''s going to happen.

[/quote]We can only agree to disagree,The fact we conceeded less tells me he has improved the decenceThe fact we came above Lamberts City and his Aston Villa is in itself a fantastic achievementAnd the fact that he brought in RVW says he is trying to rectify the area that we lacked in last season. It takes more than 5 games to do this.

[quote user="killiecanary"]Sorry yellow shirt.

Defence now is considerably better than it ever was under PL

The performance of Ryan Bennett and turner showed that even without Bassong

We have better players than we had before - and if you really think Hooper and RVW aren''t a step up on Simeon Jackson and Steve Morison and even Grant Holt (much though I loved him) then again we need to agree to disagree. And if you''re not of the opinion that Leroy Fer is going to be a huge player for NcFc then again, I disagree.

As Tilly very neatly summed up on another thread, CH has sourced some very good bullets. Now we need to practise firing them.

But the squad is considerably stronger than it was in my view. I do agree that the performances so far are not.[/quote]We''ll have to agree to disagree on the defence- better players yes- but defending better... not in my eyes. Much the same, poor at set pieces etc.On the players- I don''t think I ever suggested that they are not better- huge improvements, but it isn''t helping because we are not playing to their strengths or abilities.

Chuffed with last night, Looks like the players showed fight for CH, The strike from young Murphy was peach, 2 goals from Hoops and the assist from Fer was quality.

Lots of positives and a some good morale to take into Sunday.

Hope to see Hoops and RVW up top together Sunday

Another bump for CH''s Yellow and Green army!Thorougly enjoyable and entertaining first half and a very professional and controlled second half.Big thumbs up for Chris

This time last year we were 18th in the table.P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS6   0   3   3  4  13    3TODAY, 14th in the tableP  W  D  L  F  A  PTS6   2   1   3  4   6    7and people are still moaning, Jeez.

Outstanding 85 minutes of Football,

I really thought we were going to be the side that nicked that winning goal. It almost felt like the days of the Championship, where you expected the winner to come.

And now CH has been criticised for trying to get the win, the poor bloke cant win!

Another big thumbs up from me

Hughtons odds have shortened to 9/4 joint favourite with Jol for the next manager to go , its a results based business and if we are bottom 3 for two many weeks i expect him to be gone .