Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Newmarket Road

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="clarkey1972"]Think that pic has been flipped round

No idea on date[/quote]don''t think it has, as it has the small stand and the steep terracing behind the players ... with both being in the right order

[/quote]The Pic is 1925/26 and the guy in the flat cap and waistcoat is legendary trainer, Charlie Miles. I would also hazard a guess that the big feller sitting next to him is Archie Campbell. He used to live on Harvey Lane in the late 1970''s and was one of my wife''s clients when she worked for the Home Help Service. He was a lovely old guy by all accounts.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="clarkey1972"]Think that pic has been flipped round

No idea on date[/quote]don''t think it has, as it has the small stand and the steep terracing behind the players ... with both being in the right order

[/quote]

Comparing it to the pics further up the thread it has, the badge seems to be on the wrong side of the shirts too.

Doesnt really matter

The team picture is inverted. Compare it with the City v Luton photo which is correct orientation.

It could be Archibald MacEachern Cambell because I have his picture in a book. Not 100% convinced though Rickyyyy. I also have a pic of Joe Hannah who''d be on there but can''t really place him.

Pretty sure the badge should be on the other side!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It could be Archibald MacEachern Cambell because I have his picture in a book. Not 100% convinced though Rickyyyy. I also have a pic of Joe Hannah who''d be on there but can''t really place him.

[/quote]I would be willing to take a bet that it''s Archie, Nigel. As for Joe Hannah, yes I would guess he is on that photo but I can''t pick him out.

[quote user="ricardo"]The team picture is inverted. Compare it with the City v Luton photo which is correct orientation.[/quote]

humblest apologiesthis link shows the badge on the left side of the shirtClapton Orient

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I would be willing to take a bet that it''s Archie, Nigel. As for Joe Hannah, yes I would guess he is on that photo but I can''t pick him out.[/quote]Here''s on hereanother on from the archivesNorwich City Football Club 1933-4

4th player from the left standing up

Great photos for sure Wings! I''m intrigued by the Supporters Stand. After all this time have we stumbled across what the South Stand was originally called?

A great photo there City 1st, I spotted Alf Kirchen on the back row. He was a Norfolk boy who later went on to play for Arsenal and England.Also the asst trainer, Arthur Hawes whose son "Tricky" Hawes played for City in the inter war years and one of my old dad''s great favourites, Jack Vinall who was a high scoring centre forward in the 1930''s.

make sure you download the picsin case the thread goes westin the meantime one last pic of the Nestlike how the kit was ''come as you are'' shades of  Bluebottle''s ''mum''s old drawers'' with the lad on the far right, having his ''shorts'' held up by the much remembered ''snake belt''Norwich, young footballers at The Nest

[quote user="City1st"]make sure you download the picsin case the thread goes westin the meantime one last pic of the Nestlike how the kit was ''come as you are'' shades of  Bluebottle''s ''mum''s old drawers'' with the lad on the far right, having his ''shorts'' held up by the much remembered ''snake belt''Norwich, young footballers at The Nest

[/quote]LOL I had one of those snake belts.

My mum used to hit me with mine[:''(]

Did you see the picture of the canary on the clock where it said supporter''s satnd Rickyyyyyyyy??

Did you see the picture of the canary on the clock where it said supporter''s satnd Rickyyyyyyyy??

[/quote]No, which pic do you mean Nigel.

Ahh! now I see it, yes you might well be right.Well spotted but I must say I never recall it being referred to as the Supporters Stand.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]No, which pic do you mean Nigel.[/quote]

It''s in these. I was trying to work out how to post it on here. There''s some great pics but the one with the clock is near the end.

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/soccer-clapton-orient-v-norwich-city-brisbane-road/Memory/d7a9a238-b9f6-474f-ae8c-a00a00f7824f

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]No, which pic do you mean Nigel.[/quote]

It''s in these. I was trying to work out how to post it on here. There''s some great pics but the one with the clock is near the end.

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/soccer-clapton-orient-v-norwich-city-brisbane-road/Memory/d7a9a238-b9f6-474f-ae8c-a00a00f7824f

[/quote]I think dear old nigel means this one

unfortunately that site won''t let you take pics so it has to be a linkhowever it''s there clear for all to see 1959 Supporters Stand 1960

ps a word of caution for young BW, if middle aged men start talking to you about trouser snakes and such like stay well away - more so if they are Australian and they offer to show you their extra leg

[quote user="ricardo"]Ahh! now I see it, yes you might well be right.Well spotted but I must say I never recall it being referred to as the Supporters Stand.[/quote]

Shame I cant put that pic here. There was a thread a while ago about what that stand was originally called. Maybe when they put the roof on they called it The Supporters Stand?

[quote user="ricardo"]Ahh! now I see it, yes you might well be right.Well spotted but I must say I never recall it being referred to as the Supporters Stand.[/quote]

Shame I cant put that pic here. There was a thread a while ago about what that stand was originally called. Maybe when they put the roof on they called it The Supporters Stand?

[/quote]

stop ya grumblin'' nutmeisterit''s here

Here you go guys.....[URL=http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/lappinitup/media/soccer-league-division-two-norwich-city_zps8c5ddf2f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/soccer-league-division-two-norwich-city_zps8c5ddf2f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

If you include the emblem it could read Canary Supporter Stand 1959/60. Maybe it was something to do with the supporters club? Where''s Crafty when you need him?

[quote user="lappinitup"]If you include the emblem it could read Canary Supporter Stand 1959/60. Maybe it was something to do with the supporters club? Where''s Crafty when you need him?[/quote]I think you might be right Lapps, the roof was erected in 1960. It was an open stand during the 1959 Cup run.

[quote user="ricardo"]Ahh! now I see it, yes you might well be right.

Well spotted but I must say I never recall it being referred to as the Supporters Stand.
[/quote]

Interesting choice of words Ricardo. Sounds like different things pop into your mind all the time but, in this case, you " never recall " it being called the Supporters Stand.  [:D] I''m just teasing you. You have an excellent sense of recall. These days, there is not much recall going on in my mind at all, however and despite that, my first match was in 1950 and I can state, quite emphatically, that neither I nor those I attended with ever referred to it as the "Supporters Stand."