Sign in to follow this  
Alby :)

Wes

Saw Wes drive off before the game yesterday, obviously upset about being left out again.

Hopefully he won''t be exiled like David Fox was, for I believe he''s still our most creative player.

If it''s true that he left before the game then I hope it was for other reasons than being p****d off about being dropped. I would hope that even if dropped players have enough love for the club and respect for the other player to stay and watch the game!

If he he did throw a strop and leave for not being in the squad then that''s not a good reflection on a players loyalty or respect to the club paying his wage in my opinion.

Sad if true, all the good feeling amongst the players is now being erroded by this management team...[:@]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Sad if true, all the good feeling amongst the players is now being erroded by this management team...[:@]

[/quote]You know this for fact or are you guessing?

Such a shame for Wes - made a point in anther thread that RVW goal tally would probably be a lot healthier if Wes had played more. Wes and Pilks are very clever players and work well together. We we''re at our most creative when these two along with Surman played. Holt clearly benefitted when theses three played behind him. Wish we could try them out again.  

Unfortunately for David Fox he was ''exciled'' because he was not good enough to play in the Premiership, hence his move to a Championship team.

Unfortunately for Wes he is no longer as important to the team as he used to be. I do not see how he could have been part of the team against Chelsea and have added to our performance.

He is right to be upset, as any player should be if dropped, but while the club is paying his substantive wages I do not feel it is right for him to drive off before the match.

Should he not be giving support to other members of the team, his team mates?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Unfortunately for David Fox he was ''exciled'' because he was not good enough to play in the Premiership, hence his move to a Championship team. Unfortunately for Wes he is no longer as important to the team as he used to be. I do not see how he could have been part of the team against Chelsea and have added to our performance. He is right to be upset, as any player should be if dropped, but while the club is paying his substantive wages I do not feel it is right for him to drive off before the match. Should he not be giving support to other members of the team, his team mates?[/quote]

Maybe someone in his family was taken ill?

First Wizard wrote the following post at 07/10/2013 10:27 AM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

Unfortunately for David Fox he was ''exciled'' because he was not good enough to play in the Premiership, hence his move to a Championship team. Unfortunately for Wes he is no longer as important to the team as he used to be. I do not see how he could have been part of the team against Chelsea and have added to our performance. He is right to be upset, as any player should be if dropped, but while the club is paying his substantive wages I do not feel it is right for him to drive off before the match. Should he not be giving support to other members of the team, his team mates?

Maybe someone in his family was taken ill?

Quite so. If that was the case then there is obviously no problem at all.

Jeez, this is like the worst case of Chinese whispers. I thought they were told on the Friday if they''re in the squad or not, not made to turn up on Saturday (Sunday) not knowing and with the possibility of throwing a sulk.

Wes could have been called away urgently, with family business he couldn''t get away from.. hence looking concerned....

or he could just hate Hughton and want to punch him....

I find it amazing that Wes finds himself in the Ireland squad at long last, in a period where he cant get into the Norwich team... Yet never got a look in when regularly playing well. I know Trapper Tony has gone, but this culture shift came before he left

He is in the Republic international squad - more than likely preparing to leave on Saturday to meet up with his teammates. Pilks in same squad and no doubt met up with Wes later. Just a thought!

[quote user="Mungo Lloyd"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]You know this for fact or are you guessing?[/quote]Due to the predictable lack of response I''m going to file this under f for fib.

[/quote]

Wise words as ever

[/quote]Well said, and I''m glad someone picked up on this.  I thought it was really worrying when Pilkington scored against Chelsea and all of the players just trudged back to the halfway line without celebrating.  Worse yet, Russell Martin was crying, and I think I could see Bassong and Turner agreeing they''d beat Pilkington up and steal his goal bonus.  It reminded me of the scenes at the full time whistle away at Stoke, where Ruddy and RvW had both picked up corner flags and had to be separated by Fer and Howson, who later kicked Whittaker in the balls because he "looked at him funny".

[quote user="Mungo Lloyd"][quote user="Mungo Lloyd"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]You know this for fact or are you guessing?[/quote]Due to the predictable lack of response I''m going to file this under f for fib.[/quote]Who is the bloke on your avatar Mr P ? i don''t know why but i find him really spooky [:D]

Mister Chops wrote :

........and had to be separated by Fer and Howson, who later kicked Whittaker in the balls because he "looked at him funny".

I heard it was because he spilt his pint. Or nobbed his missus or summink