Sign in to follow this  
Fergodsake

10 points off 11 games?

Would people take that considering that we would have played all of last seasons top 6?Thats assuming we either pull off a shock against one of the big sides or  hopefully beat Cardiff at home.

Yes because we are now showing considerable signs of having a system of play that the players are comfortable with and can apply. More creative openings for the Wolf will see him hit the net as often as we''d all expect him too. 

Unfortunately we do not play like today against the lesser clubs , Cardiff match is going to be massive lose that one and it will most likely be 4 straight defeats and firmly rooted in the bottom 3 .

Hate this kind of post.

We are in the bottom 3 for a reason.

Let''s see how many of you say we played well when we finish in the bottom 3 at the end of the season.

Get hughton out.

Great idea Alartz, let''s bring in Di Canio whilst we''re at it.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Unfortunately we do not play like today against the lesser clubs , Cardiff match is going to be massive lose that one and it will most likely be 4 straight defeats and firmly rooted in the bottom 3 .[/quote]

Absolutely bang on.

Some posters are forgetting how poor we were against Stoke. Many more performances like that against lesser teams like Stoke and we are done for!!!!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Unfortunately we do not play like today against the lesser clubs , Cardiff match is going to be massive lose that one and it will most likely be 4 straight defeats and firmly rooted in the bottom 3 .[/quote]

Absolutely bang on.

Some posters are forgetting how poor we were against Stoke. Many more performances like that against lesser teams like Stoke and we are done for!!!![/quote]
Are you sure you mean Stoke? The game where we absolutely bossed the first half and pulled their usually very organised defence all over the place, and then did what was required to shut them out after they made two very positive half time substitutions and started trying to really stretch us? 
You do realise that we were playing away? Against Stoke? Who we never beat? 
Cambridge are top of the league if you fancy a change of scenery? 

[quote user="alartz"]Hate this kind of post.

Let''s see how many of you say we played well when we finish in the bottom 3 at the end of the season.

Get hughton out.[/quote]

If we play that well for half of the games left this season we will not get relegated.

The New Boy (Le Juge) wrote the following post at 2013-10-07 12:21 AM:

alartz wrote:

The alphabet?

If you sincerely believe we are in the bottom three because of the alphabet and the letter N then you are watching the wrong sport! We are bottom three because our results have not been good enough, consistently, over a number of months! The word consistent means doing things (ie winning) on a regular basis. That''s why the likes of Chelsea, Man city/Utd win the premiership and other competitions. Quite simply we do not win on a regular basis, we do not create enough, we defend poorly very often and we fail to score goals be it by an old fashioned centre forward or players who cost 8.5 and 5 million respectively! The facts and the reasons for our predicament are there before us all. It is once again going to be a struggle this season, and we can but hope CH can mastermind another 10 match unbeaten run because without some consistency relegation will dawn. No one team has ever been relegated because of their alphabetical position in the league!

The story so so far as the quote button does not work

"CanaryOne said "Unfortunately we do not play like today against the lesser clubs , Cardiff match is going to be massive lose that one and it will most likely be 4 straight defeats and firmly rooted in the bottom 3" .I replied

I replied "Absolutely bang on.

Some posters are forgetting how poor we were against Stoke. Many more performances like that against lesser teams like Stoke and we are done for!!!!"

Then, in a whoosh moment New Boy intervened "Are you sure you mean Stoke? The game where we absolutely bossed the first half and pulled their usually very organised defence all over the place, and then did what was required to shut them out after they made two very positive half time substitutions and started trying to really stretch us? 
Cambridge are top of the league if you fancy a change of scenery?"

So, my reply: Are you as devoid of brains as you are of humour and full of patronising pomposity?

I was being sarcastic to the moronic comment of Canary One who says we lose to lesser teams a week after an excellent win against Stoke. I do not expect an even more moronic comment from you.

Despite the good performance yesterday for 85 minutes, there''s no hiding from where we are. I said before the Stoke game how vital it was we had a win from there and I believe Hughton would have been lucky to keep his job if we were on 4 points.

We now have a poorly timed international break to put things right and despite Arsenal being the next game, the one we really need to turn up in is the Cardiff at home match. A win there and we can almost afford to lose the Arsenal and Man City games and come out of that tough run of games with our a***s still in tact. If we can sneak out 4 points from them, we''ll have steered our way back to mid table I reckon.

As long as we win one of the next three, i''ll be fine, I don''t care which one, but Cardiff is obviously our best chance, no disrespect to them.

I think the ''win 1 of the next three'' is going to be a common theme this season. I think we''ll be on the whole more consistent than last year but there''ll be no 10 match unbeaten run.

You think we''re only going to get 3 points from our next four games?

If we lose at home to one of Cardiff or West Ham, or draw both. And fail to take points from Arsenal and Man,C away that''ll be pretty disappointing. It''ll be at least 11 from 11. But I think we will win our next two home games, and pull of a draw against Arsenal or Man.C.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You think we''re only going to get 3 points from our next four games?

If we lose at home to one of Cardiff or West Ham, or draw both. And fail to take points from Arsenal and Man,C away that''ll be pretty disappointing. It''ll be at least 11 from 11. But I think we will win our next two home games, and pull of a draw against Arsenal or Man.C.[/quote]

I think that is what it is to be a supporter. Worth pointing out as it is difficult to spot on this messageboard.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Gingerpele"]You think we''re only going to get 3 points from our next four games? If we lose at home to one of Cardiff or West Ham, or draw both. And fail to take points from Arsenal and Man,C away that''ll be pretty disappointing. It''ll be at least 11 from 11. But I think we will win our next two home games, and pull of a draw against Arsenal or Man.C.[/quote] I think that is what it is to be a supporter. Worth pointing out as it is difficult to spot on this messageboard.[/quote]

What, a daydreamer?[:^)]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

"CanaryOne said "Unfortunately we do not play like today against the lesser clubs , Cardiff match is going to be massive lose that one and it will most likely be 4 straight defeats and firmly rooted in the bottom 3" .I replied

I replied "Absolutely bang on.

Some posters are forgetting how poor we were against Stoke. Many more performances like that against lesser teams like Stoke and we are done for!!!!"

Then, in a whoosh moment New Boy intervened "Are you sure you mean Stoke? The game where we absolutely bossed the first half and pulled their usually very organised defence all over the place, and then did what was required to shut them out after they made two very positive half time substitutions and started trying to really stretch us? 

So, my reply: Are you as devoid of brains as you are of humour and full of patronising pomposity?

I was being sarcastic to the moronic comment of Canary One who says we lose to lesser teams a week after an excellent win against Stoke. I do not expect an even more moronic comment from you.

[/quote]Yes we beat Stoke , but i would have expected Norwich Ladies to have cruised past them the performance they put in . Anybody thinking it was a great City showing is looking at it through yellow glasses , we again created nothing and scored with a shot most keepers would have saved easily .We are in trouble this season , the table says after 7 games we are the third worse side and you know the saying , the table never lies.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I replied "Absolutely bang on. Some posters are forgetting how poor we were against Stoke. Many more performances like that against lesser teams like Stoke and we are done for!!!!"

[/quote]

Yes we beat Stoke , but i would have expected Norwich Ladies to have cruised past them the performance they put in . Anybody thinking it was a great City showing is looking at it through yellow glasses , we again created nothing and scored with a shot most keepers would have saved easily .We are in trouble this season , the table says after 7 games we are the third worse side and you know the saying , the table never lies.
[/quote]

Oh no! Only 31 games to save our season.

Of course the table lies after seven games.   All teams have only played seven out of the other nineteen in the league.  That is not an equal competition and so the results are indicative of very little.

As for your more general comment, it never ceases to amaze me how some alleged fans blame any success on the failings of the opposition and not on the merits of |City.  Stoke were poor because we played well and got into their faces and made them poor.  As many pundits noted at the time.

But, as it pleases your agenda to attack everything we achieve then enjoy it.

Oh and thats 3rd bottom with a pretty easy start by the way , when would you like us to start looking at the table ? when its too late , our run of results after Christmas last season should be more than enough for people to be very concerned at the start this season .As for agenda''s sorry have none of those , dont care who the manager is or who plays and who does not , not even that concerned about performance levels. All that matters is results and staying up and at this moment in time i think we may have trouble ahead.

CanaryOne:

Oh and thats 3rd bottom with a pretty easy start

There are no easy games in The Barclays Premier League.

when would you like us to start looking at the table ?

You should be looking at the table all season, the conclusions you draw shouldn''t be judged only on the table. 

There may have trouble ahead  but while there''s moonlight, music, love and romance, lets face the music and dance!

our run of results after Christmas last season should be more than enough for people to be very concerned

I didn''t realise that every season follwed the pattern of the last.

The table does lie at this stage and even if it didn''t, we''d be equal 4th worst team there. It''d be between us and Fulham for 17th.

Swansea are a whole 1 goal ahead of us atm but you could argue their fixtures have been horrific. People would suggest they will be higher up the table after another 12 games. We have played 3 of the 7 ''tough'' teams and 1 of the 3 ''easy'' teams after just a third of the games, so we''ve actually had a slightly tougher start than average.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The table does lie at this stage and even if it didn''t, we''d be equal 4th worst team there. It''d be between us and Fulham for 17th.

Swansea are a whole 1 goal ahead of us atm but you could argue their fixtures have been horrific. People would suggest they will be higher up the table after another 12 games. We have played 3 of the 7 ''tough'' teams and 1 of the 3 ''easy'' teams after just a third of the games, so we''ve actually had a slightly tougher start than average.[/quote]
That is a very good point Jimmy. 
Looking at our games they pan out like this to me:
Chelsea and Spurs - Anything would be a bonus not a shock to lose.
Everton - Draw is a decent result.
Stoke and Hull: Probably would have expected 3 points from these two games. That''s what we got albeit not in the way we expected.
Southampton: The win is now looking to be a very good result.
Villa: This seems to be the defining game of our season so far. We played well enough to win but Villa seem to be our bogey team at the moment.
So it all depends on how you look at the Villa game - from the rest 7 points is just about par. In fact you could say that draws against both Villa and Southampton would be about right in which case we would then have 6 points.
With the upcoming fixtures it is likely to get worse before it gets better. Our season will be defined by our results from November through to the last 4 games. 
OTBC

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Unfortunately we do not play like today against the lesser clubs , Cardiff match is going to be massive lose that one and it will most likely be 4 straight defeats and firmly rooted in the bottom 3 .[/quote]

Absolutely bang on.

Some posters are forgetting how poor we were against Stoke. Many more performances like that against lesser teams like Stoke and we are done for!!!![/quote]
Are you sure you mean Stoke? The game where we absolutely bossed the first half and pulled their usually very organised defence all over the place, and then did what was required to shut them out after they made two very positive half time substitutions and started trying to really stretch us? 
Cambridge are top of the league if you fancy a change of scenery? 
[/quote]I went to watch them v Hereford on saturday! Michael Spillane plays for Cambridge now!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"] We have played 3 of the 7 ''tough'' teams and 1 of the 3 ''easy'' teams after just a third of the games, so we''ve actually had a slightly tougher start than average.[/quote]
Surely you would need to ascertain who the 7 ''tough'' teams and 7 ''easy'' teams are to decide whether we have had a relatively difficult or relative easy start to the season?
As we only have past performance to go by this would surely be the three promoted teams + Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle, and Southampton? (14th to 17th). 
If the 7 ''tough teams'' are the top 7 from last season, then we have actually played 3 of each?
Of course it doesn''t really work like this, because Southampton and Newcastle appear to be improving, and Villa were much better in the second half of last season than the first half, but measuring the difficulty of our start to the season based on who you perceive to be the 7 toughest teams and 3 weakest teams doesn''t really work.
Hull are 8th in the league for a start.
Over the next couple of months we desperately need to become dominate at Carrow Road, because we have some ridiculously difficult away fixtures.
Next 5 Home Fixtures
Cardiff
West Ham
Crystal Palace
Swansea
Fulham
Next 5 Away Fixtures
Arsenal
Man City
Newcastle
Liverpool
West Brom
If you think our start has been "tougher than average" then consider those five away fixtures. I think we will be lucky to take 2 points from those. We really need 10 points from our next 5 homes games, otherwise we are in trouble. 
Really we need 11 or 12 points from those. We will never have a ''relatively'' easier run of home fixtures, and we really need to capitalise on those, if we don''t then we are in trouble. If we do then we will be fine. 
But I don''t think anybody can claim we have had a difficult start if they sit and ponder those away trips. 

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The table does lie at this stage and even if it didn''t, we''d be equal 4th worst team there. It''d be between us and Fulham for 17th.

Swansea are a whole 1 goal ahead of us atm but you could argue their fixtures have been horrific. People would suggest they will be higher up the table after another 12 games. We have played 3 of the 7 ''tough'' teams and 1 of the 3 ''easy'' teams after just a third of the games, so we''ve actually had a slightly tougher start than average.[/quote]no, and if you look half the table is seperated by three pointsyet when we were 6 or 7 points away from the bottom three last Spring people like yourself were soiling themselves in panic - have a look and see who were gibbering wrecks predicting certain relegationthis is very early days, one win can make all the difference between being just outside the top six of in the bottom threeas to the time games are played, had we have had our unbeaten run of last seasonat the beginning of the season we would have been top of the table .. easilywould folk have claimed that it meant we were certain to be title winners ?at this stage it is how we are playing - and the change in tactics and approach suggest we are well on the way to start picking up pointsa few more changes and who knows how high we could go