Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

Barclay

[quote user="wolfswinkel"]wolfswinkel wrote:

I think we will after last weeks win! Are you suprised the support has been nervy? Look at the results and that should explain...

So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?

Was the bloody good enough for you!?! Where do u sit then you dicks? I bet half te time you sit there and do naff all anyway''[/quote]You still haven''t answered the question, namely do you get behind the team if they''ve been losing, or do you just save it for when they''ve been winning?**for the simple amongst us, use of the past tense refers to results in previous matches played

Why is it that these posters who obviously have nothing more important in their sad lives than to post thousands of insults to anyone who dares to offer an opinion that does not concur with their own ?

The fact that I have seats 48/49 may be because I  am obese ... and maybe I have a terrible complex about it ...then the comments made toward me are surely bullying ?

whatever the truth is ,,,, I PAY FOR TWO SEASON TICKETS ..... I believe that entitles me to an opinion without insult .

Only those with the lowest of respect and intellect feel the constant need to insult and abuse others ...very sad people !

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]whatever the truth is ,,,, I PAY FOR TWO SEASON TICKETS ..... I believe that entitles me to an opinion without insult .[/quote]Technically, it entitles you to two opinions.

And then technically it entitles you to none.

Try making the effort to come to the next game, you will enjoy the atmosphere and it enable you to give a more accurate and credible opinion on the Barclay!

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]And then technically it entitles you to none.

Try making the effort to come to the next game, you will enjoy the atmosphere and it enable you to give a more accurate and credible opinion on the Barclay![/quote]I haven''t offered an opinion on the Barclay.I asked a question re: whether supporters should get behind the team if the team have been winning, or whether supporters should get behind the team full stop.Feel free to keep inventing things I haven''t said though. [Y]

OP says

We need to make noise in the Barclay and get behind the boys and try make a atmosphere. Our last home game vs villa our home support was bad and out sung by villa by a country mile.

Mister Chops says

"My view is that supporters should cheer for their team, rather than wait for the team to give them something to cheer about."

I think you have offered an opinion on the Barclay, absolutely fine, just that it tends to piss off those of us that go every week and give it a go. Particularly when the comment comes from a non attendee.

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]OP says

We need to make noise in the Barclay and get behind the boys and try make a atmosphere. Our last home game vs villa our home support was bad and out sung by villa by a country mile.

Mister Chops says

"My view is that supporters should cheer for their team, rather than wait for the team to give them something to cheer about."

I think you have offered an opinion on the Barclay, absolutely fine, just that it tends to piss off those of us that go every week and give it a go. Particularly when the comment comes from a non attendee.[/quote]Correction - I''ve offered an opinion on supporters who attend games.  When I attend the game, I support the team. I like it when other people do likewise.  Not really interested in a hierarchy of fans, however much you want to steer the conversation that way.

You are not interested in a hierarchy of "fans " who attend games ?  You seem pretty happy with the hierarchy that exists on this forum ....in your mind that is ! Rather than accusing people of putting words in your mouth ..or being fat .... have a long look at your own posts ... both contradictory and hypercritical .

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Doctorsleep"]OP says

Mister Chops says

I think you have offered an opinion on the Barclay, absolutely fine, just that it tends to piss off those of us that go every week and give it a go. Particularly when the comment comes from a non attendee.[/quote]Correction - I''ve offered an opinion on supporters who attend games.  When I attend the game, I support the team. I like it when other people do likewise.  Not really interested in a hierarchy of fans, however much you want to steer the conversation that way.[/quote]

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]

You are not interested in a hierarchy of "fans" who attend games ?  You seem pretty happy with the hierarchy that exists on this forum ....in your mind that is ! Rather than accusing people of putting words in your mouth ..or being fat .... have a long look at your own posts ... both contradictory and hypercritical . [/quote]

What hierarchy exists on this forum?Actually, the more interesting question is "what hierarchy exists in my mind?"But let''s stick to the hierarchy that exists on this forum for now.  What on earth are you talking about?

"I think you have offered an opinion on the Barclay, absolutely fine,

just that it tends to piss off those of us that go every week and give

it a go."
maybe if you only went fortnightly ie when the games are being played that might result in more noise

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]

You are not interested in a hierarchy of "fans" who attend games ?  You seem pretty happy with the hierarchy that exists on this forum ....in your mind that is ! Rather than accusing people of putting words in your mouth ..or being fat .... have a long look at your own posts ... both contradictory and hypercritical . [/quote]

What hierarchy exists on this forum?Actually, the more interesting question is "what hierarchy exists in my mind?"But let''s stick to the hierarchy that exists on this forum for now.  What on earth are you talking about?[/quote]

I think the hierarchy exists in 2seats mind. As did the notion that I constantly criticise the Barclay or in fact have ever criticised the Barclay. My first game in the Barclay was 1969 and the last in 2012. I now have to sit in the Blankets but don''t criticise that either. 

[quote user="Barclay seats 48 49 the 3rd"]

Why is it that these posters who obviously have nothing more important in their sad lives than to post thousands of insults to anyone who dares to offer an opinion that does not concur with their own ?

The fact that I have seats 48/49 may be because I  am obese ... and maybe I have a terrible complex about it ...then the comments made toward me are surely bullying ?

whatever the truth is ,,,, I PAY FOR TWO SEASON TICKETS ..... I believe that entitles me to an opinion without insult .

Only those with the lowest of respect and intellect feel the constant need to insult and abuse others ...very sad people !

[/quote]

What is the attraction in painting yourself as a victim? You sit in the Barclay for goodness sake.

Correction - I''ve offered an opinion on supporters who attend games. When I attend the game, I support the team. I like it when other people do likewise. Not really interested in a hierarchy of fans, however much you want to steer the conversation that way.

Wriggle much more and your pants will fall down Mister.

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]Correction - I''ve offered an opinion on supporters who attend games. When I attend the game, I support the team. I like it when other people do likewise. Not really interested in a hierarchy of fans, however much you want to steer the conversation that way.

Wriggle much more and your pants will fall down Mister.[/quote]No wriggling here, and you haven''t answered my question yet.

I asked a question re: whether supporters should get behind the team if the team have been winning, or whether supporters should get behind the team full stop.

You mean the nonsense above?

I can remember the last 2 home games when we''ve been losing a small minority of us where I sit in the BARCLAY where singing on our own! So yes is the answer you dick! If I didn''t I wouldn''t post would I! Simpleton

Which came first the chicken or the egg? I miss cluck.

A much debated topic, but for me the fans can influence and the the game.

Fellow Barclay Enders, when I have criticised them, offer the excuse that the players need to create the atmosphere.

I recognise how players performance, and in my view, particularly their effort, has a massive impact on how the fans perform. But, I firmly believe that the fans need to, and should be making the noise and creating the atmosphere to spur on their team, especially when things are not going well.

I have two seats too but only one opinion, which is the Barclay does not perform anywhere near as well as it used to. I can only summise that those who take offence at comments like this were not around when the stand held (in my opinion - not exact science - I expect someone else to provide that) half as many home fans and made twice as much noise. That makes the Barclay 25% as good as it was.

Other stands should be relatively free of criticism because it is generally accepted that those who want to make all the noise will congregate down the Barclay. It is however, a loverly bonus when the other stands make some noise.

The snakepit do not figure in my thoughts, I consider them irrelevant. I think they congregate there just because they like the name.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]OP The Villa fans were silent till the goal, where do you sit?[/quote]

So too were the Chelski fans, even when they were leading 1-0