Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

Barclay

We need to make noise in the Barclay and get behind the boys and try make a atmosphere. Our last home game vs villa our home support was bad and out sung by villa by a country mile.

[quote user="wolfswinkel"]I think we will after last weeks win! Are you suprised the support has been nervy? Look at the results and that should explain...[/quote]So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?

Yes, that''s about the size of it Mister. I think the Barclay should become the stadium version of this board''s match thread......

I don''t know where you people who constantly criticize the Barclay ,, and the support which comes from it sit yourselves,, but I  think as a pretty certain event , the noise at Carrow Road , only  comes from one end !

If as you suggest ,,, that there should be more noise ... maybe you could try causing some outside this forum ?[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes, that''s about the size of it Mister. I think the Barclay should become the stadium version of this board''s match thread......

[/quote]

[quote user="Barclay seats 48  49 the 3rd"]

I don''t know where you people who constantly criticize the Barclay ,, and the support which comes from it sit yourselves,, but I  think as a pretty certain event , the noise at Carrow Road , only  comes from one end !

If as you suggest ,,, that there should be more noise ... maybe you could try causing some outside this forum ?[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well now, I doubt I''ve ever criticised the Barclay lardy. As a Barclay boy until last season I miss it greatly having to watch from the relatively subdued blankets. But I''ll make an exception just this once, an observation rather than a criticism as such, but if everyone in the Barclay was so fat that they needed two seats the noise be halved. Wouldn''t it?

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 05/10/2013 7:44 PM:

wolfswinkel wrote:

I think we will after last weeks win! Are you suprised the support has been nervy? Look at the results and that should explain...

So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?

Where do you sit Mister Chops?

Specious reasoning to conclude from the post before it that the Barclay should only sing if we''re winning.

What I got from you it was that following a win, you can expect them to be in full voice whereas during down times they, like most supporters, might not be fully charged up.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Specious reasoning to conclude from the post before it that the Barclay should only sing if we''re winning. [/quote]For a supposed English teacher - even accepting it''s your second language - you do struggle a bit with meaning.What I said was...(I''ve highlighted the difficult word for you)[quote user="Mister Chops"]So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?[/quote]Which you then seem to agree with...[quote user="Houston Canary"]What I got from you it was that following a

win, you can expect them to be in full voice whereas during down times

they, like most supporters, might not be fully charged up.[/quote]My question, which was rhetorical, was why fans should get behind a winning team more than an unsuccessful one.  Isn''t it the supporters job to support the team from the outset regardless?Yes, I can understand why they would be quieter if we were 5-0 down, but all the games I''ve been to have kicked off at 0-0.

Doctorsleep wrote the following post at 05/10/2013 10:19 PM:

wolfswinkel wrote:

I think we will after last weeks win! Are you suprised the support has been nervy? Look at the results and that should explain...

So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?

Hello Mister Chops, which stand do you sit in?

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]Doctorsleep wrote the following post at 05/10/2013 10:19 PM:

wolfswinkel wrote:

Hello Mister Chops, which stand do you sit in?[/quote]Hello, birdbrain.This is a discussion about whether fans should get behind the team through thick & thin, or just be vocal when things are going well.  As such, where I sit or stand during matches is not directly relevant to the debate.  Try to engage in the debate rather than playing the man and not the ball.

I''m not sure why you reply with an insult, I suspect from your reluctance to comment that you do not actually attend Carrow Road very often. Your contribution to getting behind the team would then presumably be being rude to people on this message board. Fine stuff indeed.

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]I''m not sure why you reply with an insult, I suspect from your reluctance to comment that you do not actually attend Carrow Road very often. Your contribution to getting behind the team would then presumably be being rude to people on this message board. Fine stuff indeed.[/quote]

How dare you question mister chops? [:P]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]This

is a discussion about whether fans should get behind the team through

thick & thin, or just be vocal when things are going well.  As

such, where I sit or stand during matches is not directly relevant to

the debate.  Try to engage in the debate rather than playing the man and

not the ball.[/quote][quote user="Doctorsleep"]I''m not sure why you reply with an insult, I suspect from your reluctance to comment that you do not actually attend Carrow Road very often. Your contribution to getting behind the team would then presumably be being rude to people on this message board. Fine stuff indeed.[/quote]... plays the man and not the ball...

My view is that supporters should cheer for their team, rather than wait for the team to give them something to cheer about.Anyone want to debate that point?

Supporters certainly should cheer for their team Mister Chops, good point well made.

In relation to playing the man and not the ball, there is a certain irony in your implied criticism of the way the fans in the Barclay support the team when you yourself don''t even bother to go to the game, it would appear?

The current Barclay is a pale shadow of what it once was back in the day. The snake pit maintains its position as a vocal hot bed of noise but the current Barclay the younger generation are relatively quiet

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]Supporters certainly should cheer for their team Mister Chops, good point well made.

In relation to playing the man and not the ball, there is a certain irony in your implied criticism of the way the fans in the Barclay support the team when you yourself don''t even bother to go to the game, it would appear?[/quote]

Now then Doc, you''re not the first person on this thread to be jumping to the wrong conclusions. I suggest you look back again and then perhaps you will see that neither Mister or myself criticised the Barclay. The criticism was another poster''s point of view that you and that guy who takes up two seats also seem critical of.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="wolfswinkel"]I think we will after last weeks win! Are you suprised the support has been nervy? Look at the results and that should explain...[/quote]So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?[/quote]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]The current Barclay is a pale shadow of what it once was back in the day.[/quote]I''m proud to say that we in The Jarrold have maintained a consistent level of support.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]The current Barclay is a pale shadow of what it once was back in the day.[/quote]I''m proud to say that we in The Jarrold have maintained a consistent level of support.

[/quote]

Time I started on my journey to "the blankets" where are support will be as fanatical as ever.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Specious reasoning to conclude from the post before it that the Barclay should only sing if we''re winning. [/quote]For a supposed English teacher - even accepting it''s your second language - you do struggle a bit with meaning.What I said was...(I''ve highlighted the difficult word for you)[quote user="Mister Chops"]So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?[/quote]Which you then seem to agree with...[quote user="Houston Canary"]What I got from you it was that following a

win, you can expect them to be in full voice whereas during down times

they, like most supporters, might not be fully charged up.[/quote]My question, which was rhetorical, was why fans should get behind a winning team more than an unsuccessful one.  Isn''t it the supporters job to support the team from the outset regardless?Yes, I can understand why they would be quieter if we were 5-0 down, but all the games I''ve been to have kicked off at 0-0.[/quote]

MC, your wording can be taken either way, highlighted or not. Been winning during the game, or in recent matches? For you not to realize this strongly suggests English is not your first language.

If English is your first language, your response indicates both an embarrassing level of ignorance and misplaced aggression.

Who said I''m an English teacher? Oh, another stupid mistake. Chops, your sentiment lately has been way more about anger to fellow posters and much less about clever humor. What a shame.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]MC, your wording can be taken either way, highlighted or not. Been winning during the game, or in recent matches? For you not to realize this strongly suggests English is not your first language.

If English is your first language, your response indicates both an embarrassing level of ignorance and misplaced aggression.

[/quote]Yes, if you take it out of context.  Look at the conversation in the thread...[quote user="DannyNCFC7"]We need to make noise in the Barclay and get

behind the boys and try make a atmosphere. Our last home game vs villa

our home support was bad and out sung by villa by a country

mile.[/quote][quote user="wolfswinkel"]I think we will after last weeks win!

Are you suprised the support has been nervy? Look at the results and

that should explain...[/quote][quote user="Mister Chops"]So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?[/quote]

Clearly, the "been winning"question  is a direct response to "I think we will after last weeks win!", and if you can''t see that then you''re frankly not the brightest.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Who said I''m an English teacher? Oh, another stupid mistake. Chops, your sentiment lately has been way more about anger to fellow posters and much less about clever humor. What a shame.[/quote]You''ve said yourself that you are a teacher - if not true, at least there''s one less thing for me to worry about when considering the future of humanity.

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]Supporters certainly should cheer for their team Mister Chops, good point well made.

In relation to playing the man and not the ball, there is a certain irony in your implied criticism of the way the fans in the Barclay support the team when you yourself don''t even bother to go to the game, it would appear?[/quote]No irony at all.  A supporter at the game has a role to play and that is to support the team.  If you''re not at the game, it makes less difference what you do.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]MC, your wording can be taken either way, highlighted or not. Been winning during the game, or in recent matches? For you not to realize this strongly suggests English is not your first language.

[/quote]Yes, if you take it out of context.  Look at the conversation in the thread...[quote user="DannyNCFC7"]We need to make noise in the Barclay and get

that should explain...[/quote][quote user="Mister Chops"]So the Barclay should only sing and get behind the team if they''ve been winning?[/quote]

Clearly, the "been winning"question  is a direct response to "I think we will after last weeks win!", and if you can''t see that then you''re frankly not the brightest.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Who said I''m an English teacher? Oh, another stupid mistake. Chops, your sentiment lately has been way more about anger to fellow posters and much less about clever humor. What a shame.[/quote]You''ve said yourself that you are a teacher - if not true, at least there''s one less thing for me to worry about when considering the future of humanity.[/quote]

You made a stupid conclusion, likely because you wanted to make a snippy comment rather than you didn''t understand what was written.

I called you on it.

You reply with "context". You''re the one who took the thread out of context.

Then you backpedal from the English teacher assumption. Low class from stsrt to finish today, Chops. What heppened to you?

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]MC, your wording can be taken either way, highlighted or not. Been winning during the game, or in recent matches? For you not to realize this strongly suggests English is not your first language.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Who said I''m an English teacher? Oh, another stupid mistake. Chops, your sentiment lately has been way more about anger to fellow posters and much less about clever humor. What a shame.[/quote]You''ve said yourself that you are a teacher - if not true, at least there''s one less thing for me to worry about when considering the future of humanity.[/quote]

You made a stupid conclusion, likely because you wanted to make a snippy comment rather than you didn''t understand what was written.

I called you on it.

You reply with "context". You''re the one who took the thread out of context.

Then you backpedal from the English teacher assumption. Low class from stsrt to finish today, Chops. What heppened to you?[/quote]Morons like you started rubbing off on me.

You likely rub yourself off.

Your resorting to cheap insults instead of substantive commentary means you know I''m right. And you call me a moron. The last resort of the thoroughly beaten. Chump.

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 06/10/2013 2:25 PM:

Doctorsleep wrote:

Supporters certainly should cheer for their team Mister Chops, good point well made. In relation to playing the man and not the ball, there is a certain irony in your implied criticism of the way the fans in the Barclay support the team when you yourself don''t even bother to go to the game, it would appear?

No irony at all. A supporter at the game has a role to play and that is to support the team. If you''re not at the game, it makes less difference what you do.

Great atmosphere today Mister Chops, hopefully on this occasion you were able to detect it from your Chaise Longue.

wolfswinkel wrote:

Was the bloody good enough for you!?! Where do u sit then you dicks? I bet half te time you sit there and do naff all anyway''

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Your resorting to cheap insults instead of substantive commentary means you know I''m right.[/quote][quote user="Houston Canary"]Chump.[/quote]And I thought Americans didn''t understand irony...Anyhow. I stand by my point that you took my comments out of context.Have a nice day now.