Sign in to follow this  
Mike Walkers Hat

Fan taken ill at Chelsea match

My dad was the Norwich fan who attended to him before any of the first aiders who took a good minute to get to the poor guy. Luckily my dad is a St Johns first responder so was able to stabalise him along with the paramedics who eventually got to him. Without going into to much detail (not knowing his state currently) he appeared to have suffered a stroke while seated, and the blood from his mouth was from biting his tongue. When my dad left he said he was recovering well with the paramedics, so with a bit of luck he''s on the mend.

Well done to the many City fans yelling for assistance, he could easily have gone unnoticed which would have been terrible.

[quote user="mushy"]My dad was the Norwich fan who attended to him before any of the first aiders who took a good minute to get to the poor guy. Luckily my dad is a St Johns first responder so was able to stabalise him along with the paramedics who eventually got to him. Without going into to much detail (not knowing his state currently) he appeared to have suffered a stroke while seated, and the blood from his mouth was from biting his tongue. When my dad left he said he was recovering well with the paramedics, so with a bit of luck he''s on the mend.

Well done to the many City fans yelling for assistance, he could easily have gone unnoticed which would have been terrible.[/quote]a fine example of the work these folk do and the invaluable help folk like this man''s dad were able to giveit is those first few minutes that can make all the difference and you don''t need to be the greatest expert to give that immediate help - but you do need to have the frame of mind to want to learn what is needed in these situationsthankfully he was close at hand

I was sat very close to him, and was one of those calling for help. He didn''t fall, and was in his seat the whole time, before being carried below the stand. It was very worrying and I hope he makes a full recovery and is back watching again soon.

It did seem quite a while before the paramedics arrived, but I guess it always seems longer than it is when it''s an emergency. Well done to all those that assisted.

I''m sure that the incident will be fully reviewed. My feeling is that the paramedics would be better placed looking up at the crowd from in front of the front row, instead of at the back of the stand - it would have probably halved the response time.

[quote user="mushy"]Without going into to much detail (not knowing his state currently) he appeared to have suffered a stroke while seated, and the blood from his mouth was from biting his tongue. When my dad left he said he was recovering well with the paramedics, so with a bit of luck he''s on the mend.[/quote]Sounds very much like an epileptic fit.