Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

We should change our name to Anorwich City FC

Just so we can be 17th above Fulham!

Seriously though, what would happen if we ended up level pegging with Fulham? What are the criteria it''s decided on? A 39th game show down?

I think it goes...

Goal diff

Goals scored

Away goals scored

head to head games

away goals in said head to head games

If that''s the same after 38 games I''ll be darned.

I''m sure the exact rules are on the web somewhere.

I know in the World Cup if two teams have the exact same record at the end of the group stage they will just pull a name out of the hat to choose who goes through.

Not sure about Premier League - doubt the situation will ever arise though/

At the top it is a case of goal difference, then goals scoredif the same there is a play off

curiously (or not)mumbo jumbo such as ''assists'' and who ran the quickest in their own half on the left side in the first ten minutes of the second half ,play no part in deciding the winner

so I presume that in the event of similar goal difference, goals scored it would be a play off ... Wembley, perhaps

I had a friend who called his company Aardvark because he wanted to be first in the ''phone book!

I remember a german pow who stayed on after the war and was a real grafter on the local farmhis motto was"ardvaark did nobody any harm"

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I had a friend who called his company Aardvark because he wanted to be first in the ''phone book!

[/quote]There are lots of examples of this type of thing, however with the use of search engines more than phone books, things like this are less important.It''s more important these days to have a distinctive mnemonic that is memorable and can be easily found. Classic example "Go Daddy", a name completely irrelevant to what the business does, but easily remembered, searchable and marketable.Anyway, sorry for my little tangent. What were we talking about again?

Bournemouth are oficially known as AFC Bournemouth.. a lot of people think the A stands for "Association"

it doeesn''t it was a ploy in the 60''s to ensure that in an alphabetical list of all the Professional sides they are always listed first....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Bournemouth are oficially known as AFC Bournemouth.. a lot of people think the A stands for "Association"

it doeesn''t it was a ploy in the 60''s to ensure that in an alphabetical list of all the Professional sides they are always listed first....[/quote]Thought the AFC thing was from the 70''s to make it easier for everyone as the clubs real name was and still is "Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic Football Club" (the AFC Bournemouth is a trading name only).