Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 8

Sorry I''ve missed the last few weeks, must try harder.

I''m going for a Wolfsburg win this week.

Wolfsburg vs Eintract Braunscwheig - home win.

Good luck everyone!

Sorry I''m late too.

LIVERPOOL v Crystal Palace - HOME WIN

Good luck all, I like the look of both sets of selections

Leedscanary

Mixed news on the livescores. Botev Plovic are a goal to the good after 53 mins however Wolfsburg are a goal down after 41 mins.

The Wolfs need the power of the pups[&][;)]

Don''t think Wolfsburg are going to turn this around :(

Been watching for last 10/15 mins, pretty desperate stuff with little quality. And Snodgrass-esque set pieces.

We can''t win every week. Wolfsburg weren''t on our team this week and lost 0-2 at home to the bottom team. Unlucky Scooby.

Plenty to look forward too though PUPs. We still have our game with Chelsea and Splutcho''s match bets. And we shall see if Scooby ends up with 5/6 and the insurance kicks in.

That''s just chuffin typical isn''t it. Bottom of the league, can''t buy a point and they go and win 2-0 away. Brownsh1te are now officially my least favourite Jaremuns :-(

Sorry chaps and chapesses.

More pups picked a QPR home win than pups picked a Wolfsburg home win.

The idea is to go with the pups'' picks.

Remember that next time around.

I disagree. If everyone just picked the most popular 6 then there''d be no point a different person doing it every week. I thought they were nailed on, unlucky Scooby.

Hopefully we''ll get some luck with our game tomorrow!

Simple arithmetic shows that if Scooby had of selected pups majority picks it would''ve been a winning week.

End of.

Now you PUPs shouldn''t pay too much regard to our friend Shyster''s ramblings. He does like to be controversial but he could turn out to be a great asset too.

Shyster buddy, anybody can pick a winning six after the results are in. The problem we have is that we have to select them in advance. The 3 beside Scooby''s name on Ray''s signature proves that he has won three times after putting his selections in before the games have been played. Your winning six after the results are known doesn''t really cut it in comparison.

When I hand the thread over to the PUP in the hotseat they take control of the selections. All we can do is give them our very best selections to work with AND support them for the rest of the thread. Every PUP making the final selections has earned the right to do so. It doesn''t come easy and then you get just one go. Shyster, I hope you stick around and earn the right to pick next season. Then we can all support you. And if you manage to get that elusive win I promise that you can tell us all how you did it throughout the following week. [;)]

Unfortunately Shyster your logic is flawed. At the time of my picking Wolfsburg were the fourth most popular choice by our dear old pink un chums, ergo I would have had to have picked them anyway. Oh dear.

Now, one would have thought that an old hand like yourself would have known that the usual arguments are put aside on this particular thread for a worthy cause. Apparently you have neither the wit nor the intelligence to realise this. Therefore, you may go and stick your head up a dead bears bum.

I apologise Nutty and all fellow pups for my profanity. 😄

[quote user="Scooby"]Unfortunately Shyster your logic is flawed. At the time of my picking Wolfsburg were the fourth most popular choice by our dear old pink un chums, ergo I would have had to have picked them anyway. Oh dear.

Now, one would have thought that an old hand like yourself would have known that the usual arguments are put aside on this particular thread for a worthy cause. Apparently you have neither the wit nor the intelligence to realise this. Therefore, you may go and stick your head up a dead bears bum.

I apologise Nutty and all fellow pups for my profanity. 😄[/quote]

There is also the factor of the odds. A picker could choose six popular games all with odds around the 1-10 mark or even shorter but the potential return would be tiny. Pickers tend to balance out the low-risk choices with one or two that are higher-risk to try to boost the winnings.

Bugger. Bennett doesn''t start. On the bright side, we should get that £1 back, so maybe next week someone can have £6 instead of £5.