Sign in to follow this  
Surfbird

West Ham beat Spurs Playing 4-6-0 formation

[quote user="Surfbird"]West ham beat Spurs playing 4-6-0. After they got their first goal they then played 5-5-0.[/quote]Love the idea that formations determine outcomes.  Why don''t we just do away with the matches altogether and play an elaborate version of "Rock, Scissors, Paper" based on formations.

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 07/10/2013 7:12 PM:

Surfbird wrote:

West ham beat Spurs playing 4-6-0. After they got their first goal they then played 5-5-0.

Love the idea that formations determine outcomes. Why don''t we just do away with the matches altogether and play an elaborate version of "Rock, Scissors, Paper" based on formations.

Tactics have no place in the modern game, give the ball to eleven sturdy chums and let them get on with it!

Remind them that they must put the Lardy in goals though!

"Love the idea that formations determine outcomes"

it''s when they start to determine results that I will be concerned

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]This is an entirely sensible point designed to indicate that the "negative" formation of 460 beat Spurs 3-0.[/quote]Yes, that''s fair enough.  It was the presentation as the reason they beat Spurs 3-0 that got my goat.I''m not sure 4-6-0 is inherently negative anyway, which is kind of my point.  Didn''t Spain win the World Cup and Euros using a very similar formation?  Whereas Chelsea''s 4-6-0 against Man Utd away was defensive and "negative".  So it''s about how formations are deployed rather than formations per se.Anyway.  That Ruddy, he in''t no good Nail.