Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Hughtons post match comments

Here are some snippets...

"There are lots of positives to take from the game"

"We had worked ourselves back into the game"

"I doubt there was anybody watching who did not feel we did not deserve anything from the game."

And for Mourinho...

"My tactics are always fantastic"

"When I make a change, the change is always fantastic and the players make it fantastic or rubbish"

"Chris is a good coach with a good team with good belief and organisation"

So who''s the the big numpty out of those two eh?

Good job Chris.

Mourinho''s tactics are so fantastic he will win feck all this season...

amazing Jose... sadly you are the only one who believes your Bullsh*t anymore...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Mourinho''s tactics are so fantastic he will win feck all this season...

amazing Jose... sadly you are the only one who believes your Bullsh*t anymore...[/quote]Give Mourinho''s some credit because his tactical changes worked. Hazard and Willian came on as subs to score Chelsea''s second and third goals.Our defenders went forward for a corner when the score was 1-1 and it left us very exposed to the counter-attack from which Chelsea scored. Hughton, the coaching staff and players have to take collective responsibility for that basic tactical blunder.

This Mourinho "genius tactician" thing really grates on me. I''m pretty sure a few other people are capable of "genius" with 60 million quids worth of talent to bring on.

I think you will find pretty much every team sends there big defenders up for corners Tom.

We were no more exposed at the back than at any other time in the game, or previous games, at that corner.

This was not a tactical failure, but a human error from a player who had been excellent all game!

It was a mistake.  They happen no matter what tactics were or are employed.

Snake

Mourinho did go 3 at the back and saw that with a tiring Norwich midfield his attacking talent could prove decisive. It nearly worked, we were stretched, although I felt we were reasonably comfortable, but it was a great shame that the goal came from a simple mistake after a Route 1 punt, not imaginative creative play. Mourinho got lucky. I liked CH''s comments afterwards though, but will wait to see if we do learn what happened since the contrast between good Norwich and bad Norwich is pretty easy for most of us to spot.

"Our defenders went forward for a corner when the score was 1-1 and it

left us very exposed to the counter-attack from which Chelsea scored.

Hughton, the coaching staff and players have to take collective

responsibility for that basic tactical blunder."
what a pile of ludicrous sh itethat is pretty much what we have done with every corner since before Lambert evenTettey cocked up, as did Ruddy.....nothing more.But we don''t hear anything about Olsson cocking up when he swung his foot and missed the ballWas it  bad coaching to have a defender in their box  ? Did that miss cost us the game ?

mourinhos tactics for the first 20 minutes were bang on, they pressured high up the pitch and caused city no end of problemsits part of the reason why we ended up watching a box to box free flowing game of football

The televised Premiership games have come in for a bit of stick recently for their lack of quality/excitement and especially from supporters of the also rans in the Chumps (and you know who I mean.)

This game was a cracker. A credit to the PL.

Deserved a point for ''participating'' in it (and some will know what I mean as well,)

[quote user="snake-eyes"]

I think you will find pretty much every team sends there big defenders up for corners Tom.

We were no more exposed at the back than at any other time in the game, or previous games, at that corner.

This was not a tactical failure, but a human error from a player who had been excellent all game!

It was a mistake.  They happen no matter what tactics were or are employed.

Snake

[/quote]

This. What he said. I agree. etc etc

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 2013-10-07 4:58 PM:

Mourinho''s tactics are so fantastic he will win feck all this season...

But more than City Eh!

On the corner point, it''s also worth bearing in mind that Martin is also a part-time centre back. I know he''s not massive for a centre back, but most teams send their centre backs forward so I don''t think it was unreasonable for the three of those to be in Chelsea''s box.

As for Mourinho''s tactics, I thought we were starting to look like the team most likely to score for the 5 minutes or so before their second. Unfortunately Tettey''s mistake let them back in and it was always game over after that. I think Tettey just blanked out -I don''t think it was even an attempted pass back to Ruddy, I think he just ended up panicking a bit and almost letting it hit his foot rather than doing one thing or the other. Unfortunate, as he had a very good game before that.

Tettey''s intervention was not an attempted backpass.

He was stretching to try and get something on the ball, as he knew Hazard was behind him, hovering. I think Hazard had almost given up on it, realising that Tettey was favorite for the ball, but as it was a tad in front of him, couldn''t quite control it as he wanted. As it happens it fell perfectly for Hazard. Just one of those things, unfortunately

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]'' Good Job Chris'' a 3 1 home defeat a good job indeed. The sooner idiots like this realise that Hughton is taking us down the better[/quote]

Its bleeding obvious to me Waveney, but as it was Chelski, everyone''s letting ''the failing one'' off![:S]

Wiz, what are your criticisms of our performance in the last two league games (Stoke and Chelsea), and how do these contribute to your view that Hughton is the wrong man for the job?

Genuine question. I''d be interested to know.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]'' Good Job Chris'' a 3 1 home defeat a good job indeed. The sooner idiots like this realise that Hughton is taking us down the better[/quote]

Its bleeding obvious to me Waveney, but as it was Chelski, everyone''s letting ''the failing one'' off![:S]

[/quote]

Talking to yourself is a sign of madness.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]Wiz, what are your criticisms of our performance in the last two league games (Stoke and Chelsea), and how do these contribute to your view that Hughton is the wrong man for the job? Genuine question. I''d be interested to know.[/quote]

Stoke........no criticism CC.

Chelski....Bringing a not match fit Bassong back, what had Bennett done so wrong? and not playing Bradders to get ''amongst'' Chelsea, plus waiting too long to get Hooper on.

OK?   

Agree tat Bennet should not of been dropped, as for Johnson, who would you of dropped for him? I felt our middle three were excellent apart from Tetteys mistake.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Agree tat Bennet should not of been dropped, as for Johnson, who would you of dropped for him? I felt our middle three were excellent apart from Tetteys mistake.[/quote]

Thats the rub for me pablo, I''m not a big Tettey fan.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Not sure what Ryan has done wrong in the previous game. A wise manager would know not to change a winning formula.[/quote]Old chinese proverb says "Just because hammer good for putting nail in does not mean that saw is not better tool for cutting wood"

I''m surprised by your preference of the Stoke game over the Chelsea. Despite the score, we showed more attacking intent against Chelsea than against Stoke, where we played a more controlled, conservative style. I thought your main gripe with Hughton was his defensive mindset?

Bassong wasn''t great, but he wasn''t terrible either. He definitely needs a few weeks training before he''ll get his fitness back.

Tettey played well apart from the cock-up. No problem there.

Hooper was pretty ineffectual when he came on, I thought.

In your opinion, are the points you''ve mentioned above justification for sacking our manager?

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]I''m surprised by your preference of the Stoke game over the Chelsea. Despite the score, we showed more attacking intent against Chelsea than against Stoke, where we played a more controlled, conservative style. I thought your main gripe with Hughton was his defensive mindset? Bassong wasn''t great, but he wasn''t terrible either. He definitely needs a few weeks training before he''ll get his fitness back. Tettey played well apart from the cock-up. No problem there. Hooper was pretty ineffectual when he came on, I thought. In your opinion, are the points you''ve mentioned above justification for sacking our manager?[/quote]

Only partly, you have to factor in the dismal performances of the 2nd half of last season, plus the Hull and Villa games this season.

He doesn''t like Tettey, he doesn''t like Bassong and he doesn''t like Hughton. There''s a link.

Just Saying.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Oh dear, not called for

[/quote]

"No hidden messages, no agenda" just stating the facts.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="crabbycanary"]

Oh dear, not called for

[/quote]

"No hidden messages, no agenda" just stating the facts.

[/quote]

Come on TCC, that''s Wiz''s reasoning