Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Van Wolfswinkel v. Holt

Given the amount of games Ricky has played this season and the lack of service to him do you think Holt would have given any more?

Just asking before we all start!

In the short term I think yes. I remember musing during both the Hull game and the Villa game that we could do with Holt on the pitch.

That''s in the past though.

Ricki will come good and Sunday was very encouraging for us supporters of the player.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]

Given the amount of games Ricky has played this season and the lack of service to him do you think Holt would have given any more?

Just asking before we all start!

[/quote]It isn''t really the right comparison. Elmander is the Holt replacement.

Grant Holt is an excellent player who could still have succeeded in this team, at this level, if he wanted it enough.
What he wanted though was to move back up North, and that is what he has done.
So the question is pointless really. 
I''m probably not the only person who would loved to have seen a Holt and Hooper partnership though, I think they would have really enjoyed playing together as a little and large combination. 
So far RVW had done nothing that Holt couldn''t have done, and maybe less, but in time RVW will do some things which Holt has never been capable of doing. It will come, in time. 

Need to also consider Holt''s slow start to every season. 
He has scored 2 in 4 for Wigan, one a tap in and one a penalty, and then got injured. 
He is hardly the ''form man'' out of ex-Norwich strikers in the Championship. 
Vaughan, Martin and Kamara are all well and truly out of the blocks, whilst Wigan fans are currently questioning whether Holt is really that good. It''s a good question, which will be answered over the course of the season. 

A fit and hungry Grant Holt from two years ago would be causing more problems upfront than Wolfswinkle at this moment in time just due to his combative nature of play. However Wolfswinkle is much younger and more technically gifted, if he can progress while at the same time we get him some service I think he should prove to be the better player, but we do need to get him more service.

Rvw v holt no competition. Not only was holt a great centre forward but a great leader on the pitch something we desperately need. Look at how john terry tried to boss the ref did seb do it no. Holt would have been in the refs face as well

[quote user="First Wizard"]Holt was a God, Wolfwillie isn''t.[/quote].......from the Wizard''s book of gods and sods! [+o(]

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="First Wizard"]Holt was a God, Wolfwillie isn''t.[/quote]

And you my friend are my hero.
[/quote]

Many thanks.[Y][;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]Holt was a God, Wolfwillie isn''t.[/quote]

.......from the Wizard''s book of gods and sods! [+o(]
[/quote]

Ah, a classic Tome[:D]

[quote user="Mungo Lloyd"]He called you a Cook or something very similar I reckon.
[img]http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~palindrome/Alan/imalan/cookpass.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

If you say so Pompous, but being a firstwizard the menu was revived a little.

[quote user="im spartacus"]for god sake wiz where are your manners ? its Mr Pompous [:D]
[/quote]

Oops!! I forgot my manners spartacus.

So sorry Mr Pompous Tit. [:$]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="im spartacus"]for god sake wiz where are your manners ? its Mr Pompous [:D][/quote]

[/quote]Why is this poster given special leave to brazenly insult other posters?

He has a point C1 I''m not the only person who followed the board tonight, we saw what was said by who and to whom. To be fair to everyone involved it was surprisingly good banter nothing personal or insulting then off disappears a certain poster and wallop in come the mods. Delete delete delete but as Zak points out the only directly insulting post of the night was left in place, intact and uncensored. Now Mungo may he rest in peace is not nor ever was going to be upset at being called a pompous tit but that is the benchmark insult of the night. If this is the worst you must question the reason why so many other posts were removed so quickly and why the professional victims post was permitted to stay despite it being the most direct personal insult of the night.

the pompous tit comment was aimed at myself (and has been a constant for a couple of weeks) although directed at Mungothe belief being that I am Mungo !that lie was firmly nailed when at 21.07 around a dozen posts were made by my self, mungo and BW all in the same minute clearly disproving that we are the same person switching between log in namespreviously I had been called a scumbag and a w@@nker, the former being used in the title my view has been that it is for others to judge, based on posts in other threads ... but not others as it seemsthankfully others saw it as it happened, and will perhaps be as bewildered/amused as I am about how certain folk seem to not only bear a charmed like but exert control when they wantodd that, very odd

Holt has not played for Wigan since August due to a knee injury, and even before the injury he was struggling with it. So in real life I doubt he could have been a great contribution this season for us.

On the other hand, an imaginary, fit Holt would have run down the clock at the Chelsea corner flag in last ten minutes saving us a point, and Snoddy would never have snatched the ball out of his hand, and he would have scored from the spot against Villa. (Or not: last season he took two, and missed one if I remember correctly)

[quote user="City1st"]"Just asking before we all start!"eh ?

[/quote]

City 1st, I think the way the post comments have ended up answers my point. Insults at each other, etc.

[quote user="City1st"]the pompous tit comment was aimed at myself (and has been a constant for a couple of weeks) although directed at Mungo

the belief being that I am Mungo !

that lie was firmly nailed when at 21.07 around a dozen posts were made by my self, mungo and BW all in the same minute clearly disproving that we are the same person switching between log in names

previously I had been called a scumbag and a w@@nker, the former being used in the title

my view has been that it is for others to judge, based on posts in other threads ... but not others as it seems

thankfully others saw it as it happened, and will perhaps be as bewildered/amused as I am about how certain folk seem to not only bear a charmed like but exert control when they want

odd that, very odd

[/quote]

Oh you poor soul Mr P, step into my world and deal with the daily name calling, accusations and swearing I have to fend off, then I might have some sympathy for you.

Grow a pair.

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="im spartacus"]for god sake wiz where are your manners ? its Mr Pompous [:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why is this poster given special leave to brazenly insult other posters?
[/quote]

Am I Zak?

Spastic, Spaz, Flid, Cripple, Retard and ''hope the winter sees me off'' have all been slung my way, so special leave?...................I think not!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="im spartacus"]for god sake wiz where are your manners ? its Mr Pompous [:D][/quote]

[/quote]Why is this poster given special leave to brazenly insult other posters?[/quote]

Am I Zak?

Spastic, Spaz, Flid, Cripple, Retard and ''hope the winter sees me off'' have all been slung my way, so special leave?...................I think not!

[/quote]That''s rubbish Wiz you claim to have been called these things several times yet there''s no evidence of it actually happening. [quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="City1st"]"Back it up then."

wiz before doing so can you state honestly that you have never made any

comment regarding ''sending them back'' or outlawing homosexuality in any

shape of form on this forum ?[/quote]

As you know 1st, I''ve started many risque, taboo, threads on here,

including those you mention, many running into multiple pages.l....but

having strong views doesn''t always mean I''m the bogyman you''ve painted

me to be.

But always I''ve stated that yes, I am in principle, against

imigration. That is not racist, as many imigrants here already say the

same! On gay relationships, yes, I would like to see the age of consent

raised, but after then, I would stop a bullet in support of gay rights.

As a disabled person myself, I have been called a spastic, flid,

cripple and such on here, and yet not one damn mod, poster, plod or club

banning order has come to my aid. Yet that taunting is just as

illegal as the young man in question actions (Indeed, now wait for the

first ''playing the disability cards'' reply)

You went strangly quiet on those taunts back then!

[/quote]You see Wiz you claim to have been called these thing and not been helped by the moderators etc yet when I search for those terms there are no examples of what you claim happened. Either it didn''t happen and you''re just a confused old man or it did happen and the mods intervened and deleted everything and banned those involved.There is no scenario which backs up your claims as truthful.

Fact is we knew what was going to happen last night. Same as always when that withered finger hits report.The mods on this site just delete and ban there''s no explanation ever.Mungo Lloyd was banned yet he didn''t actually swear, didn''t actually launch any personal attack, wasn''t libellous etc. etc. Seems very  one sided moderating to me.