Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Interview with Moro here

--- The New Boy (Le Juge): Makes you wonder whether it isn''t Hughton, Warnock, McDermott and Lomas who are terrible strikers who are struggling to get the best out of Morison''s obvious genius,

If you read the article, you would have seen he was recovering from a hernia problem. I don''t think Moro claims anywhere he is a Premiership level player, in fact during the interview he questions himself at that level. His frustration came from not being given a chance even though the first choice player was misfiring badly.

I certainly don''t think Moro is good enough. But he does make some apt points about never getting an opportunity. I imagine beyond the first 14 or so, the rest of the squad must suffer from this problem given the manager not really changing the first XI at any point once he has decided on his best XI. Irrespective of the form of the players involved, or indeed the team.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"] His frustration came from not being given a chance even though the first choice player was misfiring badly [/quote]
He did get a chance. He started 7 games and made 14 appearances off of the bench for Hughton in half a season, producing 1 league goal, 1 cup goal, 0 assists and a total of 5 shots on target in over 650 minutes of football.  We saw much more of Morison in the first half of the season than we did Kei Kamara in the second half of the season. He got a fair crack of the whip. During this time he also started 4 times for Wales, with no goals and no assists. 
[quote] about never getting an opportunity. [/quote]
He got minutes but didn''t make an impact in those minutes. So he didn''t take his opportunity. Unfortunately we see fit to judge Hughton for results last season when discussing this season, the same must therefore apply to Morison. If as claimed Hughton watched every Norwich game when taking the job then he saw a player who scored 1 goal in his last 15 games under Lambert, and then 2 goals in 22 under Hughton, playing 8 games for Wales and scoring 0 goals during that same period.
If we are judging Morison by the same standards as everybody else (rather than whatever standards Morison thinks he should be judged on) then during his last full calender year at Norwich he scored 3 goals in 45 appearances in all competitions for Norwich and Wales under three managers. 
How many more chances should he have got to show that he was good enough? He got the opportunity, didn''t take it. 
And his goalscoring record hasn''t improved since, despite the drop in standard. 

[quote user="The New Boy"]
Funny how three other managers have since struggled to "get the best" out of Moro isn''t it? Makes you wonder whether it isn''t Hughton, Warnock, McDermott and Lomas who are terrible strikers who are struggling to get the best out of Morison''s obvious genius, but actually four talented managers who are finding out that you can''t in fact polish a turd. 
[/quote]Although if it''s still moist, you can roll it in glitter.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The New Boy"]

Funny how three other managers have since struggled to "get the best" out of Moro isn''t it? Makes you wonder whether it isn''t Hughton, Warnock, McDermott and Lomas who are terrible strikers who are struggling to get the best out of Morison''s obvious genius, but actually four talented managers who are finding out that you can''t in fact polish a turd. 

[/quote]

Although if it''s still moist, you can roll it in glitter.

[/quote]

True but, if it doesn''t move, it looks like a Christmas tree stuck in a field where others are trying to play a game of football.

Nothing against the bloke, I wanted him to do well.

Having said that, perhaps the reason he wasn''t given a ''chance'' was because each manager deems the other strikers in the team as better options? Just a thought Steve

Some of the comments about Lambert on here are embarrasing..... Yes he did great with us and quite rightly will go down as one of our best ever managers but this is the exact reason Hughton is getting a tough time from a section of our support, despite improving on Lamberts position he is still getting slaughtered.

Please remind me, which manager spent a lot more than the other last season and then remind me which manager finished above the other one?

Case closed, we have the better manager now

--- The New Boy (Le Juge)He started 7 games and made 14 appearances off of the bench for Hughton in half a season, producing 1 league goal, 1 cup goal.

2 goals in 7 starts then. I can point to a player who does not even get substituted with the same record this season. (I guess because Hughton thinks Becchio is utter crap.)

But agreed, I don''t think he is anywhere near good enough, but he still managed 9 premiership goals. I wonder if RvW will match that figure.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- ellis206: Case closed, we have the better manager now Hughton and Lambert''s net spends are about equal now. So how is that going for you?[/quote]

Er fine as we still finished way above them last year......

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"] 2 goals in 7 starts then. [/quote]
Here''s another fact for you to play with then... in his last 8 Premier League starts for Norwich we lost 8 games and gained 0 points. The last time he started a game for Norwich which we didn''t lose was a 0-0 draw with Chelsea on 21st January 2012, more than a year before he left. Can anybody blame Hughton for not using him more? He probably just wanted to keep his job? 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- The New Boy (Le Juge): in his last 8 Premier League starts for Norwich we lost 8 games and gained 0 points.

Where did I say I thought he was good enough?[/quote]
Where did I say that you did?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- ellis206: >Er fine as we still finished way above them last year......

A couple of points, yes. Where are they now, a couple of points above us.[/quote]
And how did they get on in the League Cup the other week? 
Answers on a postcard.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- The New Boy (Le Juge): Where did I say that you did?

You seem to be arguing the case. As I pointed to earlier, Morison scored 9 premiership goals the previous season, possibly more than RvW will score this season.[/quote]
Van Wolsfswinkel has scored the same number of goals in his 7 Premier League appearances for us as as Morison did in his last 20 Premier League appearances as us.
As for "possibly more than RvW will score this season", well we can all make stupid predictions can''t we. John Ruddy may become the first goalkeeper to ever score a hat-trick in a competitive English game this month. Luciano Becchio might end up our top scorer.
I''ll bet a fiver that Van Wolfswinkel will score more Premier League goals this season than Morison will score Championship goals this season, deal?

Currently they sit on 1 goal a piece, each having made 7 appearances. 
Is the bet on?