Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Interview with Moro here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446772/The-Footballers-Football-Column--Steve-Morison-Paul-Lambert-brilliant-manager-play-for.html

An interesting interview with snippits into both Lambert and Hughton''s managerial style.

Nothing surprising, but it does show how being so rigid in your starting line-up can be very frustrating for squad players. Especially when first teamers are performing poorly and still getting the nod week in week out.

Its pretty clear that Lambert is an incredible motivator. I don''t think Morison is a particularly talented player but he was decent for us under Lambert. To be fair to Chris Hughton, the way things went after his arrival might just reflect Morison''s natural ability. Hughton is not a motivator like Lambert, so has rightly had to improve the quality of the squad. Hughton is less likely to polish turds, but has shown he has a good eye for a player with his signings of Redmond and Fer amongst others.

This article made me very sad. To remember who we had as a manager and what we have currently got. McNally may well have traded up on the medical staff but failed miserably with the first team manager in that regard

I enjoy reading these little insights, albeit from someone with an axe to grind. Highland is obviously right, Lambert is a great leader/ motivator and had a remarkable ability to get the very best out of footballers. A rare talent indeed.

A depressing read but nothing a lot of us didn''t already know. The board screwed up royally (once again) when they let Lambert go/Pushed him out the door. And now we''re stuck with a manager not fit to lace his boots. Paul Lambert will go on to achieve great things in football management, not that he hasn''t already. Chris Hughton will not.

Am I the only one who reads that as PL is a great motivator, but CH knows how to organise a team?

Perhaps Steve Morison is the sort of player that needs that arm round him to get him motivated. Others don''t. We''re all different.

I might be wrong but lambert doesn''t mix things up at villa and keeps a settled side baring injuries.

He did what he felt he needed to with the players he ad here and did an amazing job.

Just a shame (for us) he so determined to get to the top. Tat said we benefited as well.

Houghton is a different manager completely we all no that. How far he will go nobody knows but imho hes a perfect fit for us.

Loyal, not flash, not overly ambishious to the point of shitting on people and capable of managing a top half PL team which is what we should aspire to.

We ain''t never gona be a top 4 team again so accept it. Paul Lambert was always destined for bigger things than us, im glad it was us he used to step up into the prem!

Can people really see Paul Lambert being a manager of a top 6 side? A side that will be littered with massively paid players whose egos don''t require the arm round their shoulders?

PL will do (has done) well out of the game. He may well have reached the plateau of his managerial career. He is widely (even by some Villa fans) recognised as not being the best tactician, and he would certainly need a strong element of tactical nous if he is to manage at that level.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"][quote user="Herman "]Maybe if we all promised to change Lambert might come back.[/quote]

We can but live in hope[/quote]Don''t think that your sitting in the car outside lamberts gaff for hours on end or all that coincidentally popping up at the adjacent urinal had nothing to do with Lambert leaving Norwich Waveney.

The big problem for Steve Morison was that under Lambert he played very well for the first half of the season and very poorly the second half of the season.  If everything was so great for him with Lambert as a manager, why did he lose form completely after the new year ?  He lost his place under Lambert after the new year started whereas before Christmas he and Holt were either alternating or playing together sometimes.

Truth is from the stuff that has come out about his time at Millwall originally and after he left us, he''s the sort of player that needs coddling and as a professional footballer you''re not often going to get that.  Witness his failure at Leeds, a club crying out for a solid striker like him.

[quote user="Mungo Lloyd"][quote user="Waveney Canary"][quote user="Herman "]Maybe if we all promised to change Lambert might come back.[/quote]

We can but live in hope[/quote]Don''t think that your sitting in the car outside lamberts gaff for hours on end or all that coincidentally popping up at the adjacent urinal had nothing to do with Lambert leaving Norwich Waveney. [/quote]

The car incident he could not tell it was me as I was wearing a balaclava and coco channel cocktail dress

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]agreed about lambert and top 6 sides. he couldn''t get bent under his control so how could he get the likes of baines, suarez, ozil, eriksen, aguero, and rooney?[/quote]He wouldn''t need to. (Though i''m not sure why you have Baines or Aguero in that list - they''re seemingly model professionals.)Look at the United squad. Were they honestly the best squad, player for player, in the Premier last year? Doubt many of us would say so - but they still won the league due to having a fantastic manager who got the best out of them. Although it''s early days their frailties are easier to see this season with Fergie gone.It''s quite a claim to make, but i''ll throw my neck out and say Lambert will win the Premier one day. Good luck to him too.

Reading that article just makes me think that Morrison and Holt''s form dipped after they stopped paying attention to their football and got distracted by dog racing. Similar to Micheal Owen and his obsession with horse racing.Maybe studying his previous performances would have meant he played better instead of watching dogs go for a run. The top top players in the world are always obsessed with football and talk about nothing else. You never read in interviews  Messi/Ronaldo/Bale/Van Persie/Stuart Ripley talking about how much they love another sport. Sounds like his focus had moved from football. Sounds better if you blame a new manager though.

--- It''s Character Forming: The big problem for Steve Morison was that under Lambert he played very well for the first half of the season and very poorly the second half of the season. 

I don''t think Moro was ever really up to the job at this level, but I can understand his frustration. Seeing the first choice striker netting one goal in 10 games and still not being handed an opportunity. Just look at RvW''s struggles this season, and yet he has played 90 minutes for 5 of his 7 premiership starts, the vast majority of these particularly underwhelming performances.

At the current time, if you are not in the managers first XI plans, your opportunities are going to be limited. Just look at how Wes Hoolahan has now been frozen out, in spite of the fact Elmander who took his spot was hopeless in that role.

In the end I am sure Hughton will do ok this season, nothing more. At the current time the table does not lie and we are deservedly in 18th position.

Steve Morison has a hell of a lot to say for himself considering he has scored 7 goals in his last 55 games.
He can talk all he wants about how great he thinks Lambert is, those 55 games have come under five different managers - Lambert, Hughton, Warnock, McDermott, Steve Lomas.
He scored just 1 goal in his last 15 games under Lambert. 
He is constantly promising to score goals, often resorts to hitting out and blaming managers (McDermott and Hughton both been criticised). 
But the true fact of the matter is that he is a player with an ego who shouldn''t have an ego, because he hasn''t done his job properly since January 2012 now. 
That''s 7 goals in 55 games in almost 2 years. He should do the right thing and go and play for Stevenage or any other club which better suits his abilities, and allow those proven Premier League / Championship managers to get on with their jobs managing players with talent.

Hello Citizen. He''s playing in a new league where each performance is an improvement to the one prior. Compare that to Morrison who started well and then, under Lambert, slowly deteriorated. So we could say that Lambert made Morrison worse and Hughton is making RVW improve every game! Norwich fans had grumbles about Morrison before Lambert left. He seems to have forgotten that in this interview. The second half of the season he was poor. Was that Lamberts fault? Nope, not really. Was the fact that he carried on that form into the next season  Hughton''s fault? Nope, not really. The truth of it is that Morrison had the motivation to begin with but, like many players, quickly lost that drive and didn''t have the quality to keep him in the Premier League. He seems to have forgotten he is playing in the Championship after a poor second half of the season at Leeds. Is that Hughton''s fault? Nope, not really.Also, I''m not really sure what the complaint about the fouls is? Holt used to foul defenders all the time, which we all loved, and it''s a positive thing about RVW as well. It means he is involved and pressing the defense. Prefer that than a forward that just lets defenders have free headers. Both of our last two goals have come from RVW winning a header against a big centre back. Something Holt would be, and rightly,  proud of. 

"Citizen Journalist Foghorn"--- Master J-Do Pur: Sounds better if you blame a new manager though.

So what is RvW''s excuse for scoring at a slower rate than the off form Holt and giving away more fouls per game than Holt.

Probably because he hasn''t adjusted to a different league in a different country yet.

Hapless Hughton struggles generally to get the best out of strikers as he has no idea how to play attacking football no wonder Morrison holt Vaughan etc got hacked off the same will happen with hooper next

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Hapless Hughton struggles generally to get the best out of strikers as he has no idea how to play attacking football no wonder Morrison holt Vaughan etc got hacked off the same will happen with hooper next[/quote]
Funny how three other managers have since struggled to "get the best" out of Moro isn''t it? Makes you wonder whether it isn''t Hughton, Warnock, McDermott and Lomas who are terrible strikers who are struggling to get the best out of Morison''s obvious genius, but actually four talented managers who are finding out that you can''t in fact polish a turd.