Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Away Fans Fund

Having been given £200,000 by the Premier League to reduce the cost for away fans, how do you think the club should spend it?

I see Stoke have confirmed free away travel to all games, which is good. Should we go down the same route?

We are one of 6 clubs who have made no announcement yet on how they will spend the money, so, what do we think?

Wazzy, not sure how you conclude that the club have not advised how they are to spend this money this season.  There have all ready been the well-documented following incentives:

Free travel to Hull
Subsidised 50% of the match tickets at Stoke
Free travel Man Utd
£10 off tickets to Man City

Unsure what more communication you are expecting form the club, but these seem great incentives so far!!  More to come throughout the season from what McNally said last night as well. 

Sorry Flecky, I have just quoted this from the BBC. This would appear to be how the club is using the money. Have they said this is what they are doing with it?

The free travel doesn''t help poor me living up in Yorkshire! Perhaps they could pick me up on the way to Newcastle and Sunderland? I''ll even make my way to Wetherby services for them!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The free travel doesn''t help poor me living up in Yorkshire! Perhaps they could pick me up on the way to Newcastle and Sunderland? I''ll even make my way to Wetherby services for them![/quote]
Agreed. Same way Jas'' suggestion doesn''t help the thousands of us too far away from Carrow Road to have a season ticket who only really have the opportunity to go to away games, but have been doing so loyally for years.

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

Having been given £200,000 by the Premier League to reduce the cost for away fans, how do you think the club should spend it?

[/quote]They should pay each home team c. £10k to buy our away supporters the right to take part in the "crossbar challenge".  This way, at least our away fans will see some attempted shots at the opposition goal.

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"]I''s like to see some of it spent on giving an old disabled pensioner a once in a lifetime trip to Carrow road.[/quote]That''s a lovely idea Zak, do you have anyone in mind? [:)]

Well... as we''re talking about "away fans" it seems inappropriate to help a local so how about somebody from outside the County, say Suffolk for instance? Then we''d need to find somebody who has often bemoaned their inability to attend FCR for financial, transport or medical reasons. It should be a staunch supporter of no fewer than fifty years standing, a fan who is behind the club for better or for worse, a fan who stood up to Chase and the police horses and "drove the bu99er out" See even that has narrowed it down too much, can''t think of anyone who meets the criteria,,,[:S]

"....... of no fewer than fifty years standing"

or sitting come to thatotherwise if there is a problem with travel I would be happy to ''drive the bu gger'' up to Carrow Roadit is an open top convertible but you can still hear the radio ok-  and even see the Cathedral, once you get near enough to the groundwe could get ourselves into the spirit of things with a few rousing choruses of ''On the ball City''at the right speed that is (the song as well as the car)

http://www.quickrelease.tv/pix/windinthewillows3.jpg''... splendid rush, bravo we all cry ''

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]one free away game for all away season ticket holders.[/quote]
And what about the other £160k?

[quote user="lappinitup][quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"]I''s like to see some

That''s a lovely idea Zak, do you have anyone in mind? [:)]
[/quote]

I hear there is a miserable old Wizard in Lowestoft who fits the bill.[:D] Maybe they could make it a one way trip to Newcatle.[:S]