Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

Accounts Questions

Just looking through the accounts and there seem to be a couple of inconsistencies - I wonder if someone qualified can advise?

1. The club claims that the percentage of turnover spent on player wages is 39%, so around £29.25m. Yet in Note 6 Staff Costs are given as £50.814m That seems to indicate that Directors and other non-playing staff costs are £21.564m. Can that be right and if so, why such a huge figure?

2. We declared a profit last year of £13.5m and held cash of £16.5m. We have reduced our external debt in the last year by just over £10m yet we still paid interest (note 9) of £1.365m, not dramatically different from the previous year. Does that mean that we paid off the debt late in the financial year? Why would we do that and incur the interest charges?

3. We made almost £2.4m income from loaning out players and only spent £389k on loaning them in. Does that though mean that the 39% figure spent on players wages includes those we loaned out?

4. We still have internal debt (ie amounts owed to Directors) of £3.146m, which has only reduced by £400k over the year. This is interest free so I assume we are paying this off last?

5. And finally - what do we think the club is now worth and how many shares are in issue? i.e. what are the individual shares worth?

[quote user="sgncfc"]

Just looking through the accounts and there seem to be a couple of inconsistencies - I wonder if someone qualified can advise?

1. The club claims that the percentage of turnover spent on player wages is 39%, so around £29.25m. Yet in Note 6 Staff Costs are given as £50.814m That seems to indicate that Directors and other non-playing staff costs are £21.564m. Can that be right and if so, why such a huge figure?

2. We declared a profit last year of £13.5m and held cash of £16.5m. We have reduced our external debt in the last year by just over £10m yet we still paid interest (note 9) of £1.365m, not dramatically different from the previous year. Does that mean that we paid off the debt late in the financial year? Why would we do that and incur the interest charges?

3. We made almost £2.4m income from loaning out players and only spent £389k on loaning them in. Does that though mean that the 39% figure spent on players wages includes those we loaned out?

4. We still have internal debt (ie amounts owed to Directors) of £3.146m, which has only reduced by £400k over the year. This is interest free so I assume we are paying this off last?

5. And finally - what do we think the club is now worth and how many shares are in issue? i.e. what are the individual shares worth?

[/quote]

I will post something later today that should answer some of those qustions, but not all.

Ask at the AGM, that''s what it''s for.As for question 2, I would think it has something to do with timing and cash flow. We don''t get all the Sky money in one go.and question 5, they are worth whatever someone else will pay for them. I know the figure of £120 was mentioned last year but that sum wouldn''t tempt me to sell mine.