Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Accounts - respective

So its been announced that we only spent 10m on players in 2012, surely that would have put us within the bottom 3 of spenders in the league

Remind me again why people were kicking off saying we should be midtable

Think this just proves what an incredible job Hughton has done and all the staff behind the scenes.

Exciting times!!

That would be because the RVW fee came out of the 2012 kitty, so we actually spent closer to 20m

Title is supposed to say perspective, not respective stupid predictive text.

In regards to the above comment, that''s irrelevant as RVW didn''t play for us last year so had no bearing on our position

If you sit back and think about it for a second it''s really quite amazing how far this club has come in the last few years.

Ellis - you just wrote "we ONLY spent £10 million on players in 2011-12". ONLY!!!!!

That lot down the road can barely afford 10 quid to spend on players. Happy Days!

We already knew this but it''s obviously vital for us to stay in this league. Just hope that can be achieved.

Out of interest, anything in the accounts about McNally wage/bonus? - Naturally it will be high, but fully deserved in my opinion.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]If you sit back and think about it for a second it''s really quite amazing how far this club has come in the last few years.

Ellis - you just wrote "we ONLY spent £10 million on players in 2011-12". ONLY!!!!!

That lot down the road can barely afford 10 quid to spend on players. Happy Days![/quote]

Good point lizard, didn''t think of it like that. 4 years ago I couldn''t even dream of us spending 5m.

With the club being in an incredibly sound financial state and with our already large fanbase. Wonder if there will be a few investors making enquiries.

Not that I''d want it unless they were really the right people to own the club.

I thin its fair to say that currently we are the best example of how to run a football club. We''re debt free, making a profit and remain competitive in the best league in the world. It''s down to some great management at board level, coupled with some fairy-tale stuff on the pitch.

Providing we stay up and the board don''t become greedy, there''s no reason to suggest that our up turn in fortunes will not continue for a good few years yet. If we take our time I''m sure that we can be one of the best teams outside of the top 6. Long may the success continue.

To be honest whilst i am sure that Mcnally and Bowkett pulled off some skillful negotiating with the banks in their early days to buy us some breathing space and I am very happy having them at the helm of our club our new found financial security is primarily down to the tv money. Yes its to our credit that we are still running the company sensibly and prudently but I think most businesses would do ok if handed the kind of year on year windfall that the tv money gives NCFC.

That''s a fair point Jim and with the progress we have made it can never been down to any one or two persons. Whilst I agree with your sentiments, I think the key elements in the fantastic advance in the club, were Delia and MWJ steadfast attitude when we were in dire straits to the point where they asked the agm ''what would you do?'' The financial institution(s) who wanted or insisted Bowkett as chairman, the choice of McNally and the subsequent choice of Lambert.

The subsequent development of the board, all backed by the tremendously loyal support the club enjoys.

With the bad luck we have had over the years e.g. qualifying for Europe and then England being disqualified, certainly the t.v. money is erm nice!

im sure this can be found somewhere online but i suspect theres not many other clubs in this division which are in the black, im guessing norwich, arsenal, swansea, stoke, west brom. maybe one more

arent utd still 300/400 mill in the red ?going by that I reckon we can take on  70 or 80 mill credit for transfers in january, ill take jordi alba, kyriakos papadopoulos and hulk please ;)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The financial institution(s) who wanted or insisted Bowkett as chairman.....[/quote]Hard to believe there are still people out there prepared to believe this message board myth.....Bowkett......"Let''s not forget, I did not seek this job and it

was Delia and Michael that realised some fundamental changes had to

occur and they spent considerable time persuading me to undertake the

task".Clearly if your version of events was correct then the banks would have had Bowkett primed and ready and therefore, not needing to be "persuaded".

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To be honest whilst i am sure that Mcnally and Bowkett pulled off some skillful negotiating with the banks in their early days to buy us some breathing space and I am very happy having them at the helm of our club our new found financial security is primarily down to the tv money. Yes its to our credit that we are still running the company sensibly and prudently but I think most businesses would do ok if handed the kind of year on year windfall that the tv money gives NCFC.[/quote]

True but there are plenty of Prem clubs that have borrowed to the hilt, we''re well set up because we have been disciplined and paid off our external debt.

I wonder if we should go further and start putting cash aside ?  Or should we max out our spending (from current income) on the playing squad.

That is an interesting point. During the last couple of years we have used several million of the Premiership TV money to pay off debt. This year there is a huge increase in TV cash and we have only a couple of million of internal debt to pay back.

What will we do with the extra money? Big chunk will go to continually strengthening the team but there will be other opportunities that could now be possible that we would never have considered before.

I don''t get this RVW came out of last years budget, no he didn''t, his fee was paid from the clubs budget on player, balanced from staying up in the premier league last year.

In reality we have spent roughly 10 million last season and 24 million this year, take away the sale ofr Holt, Vaughan and others we probably spent a net of 17 million this year! so you can argue we spent 27 million in two seasons..........But who cares, it''s about quality not money spent!

Fer was a steel at 4 million, RVW looks a tad over priced at the mo, but if he gets 10 goals this year that would make him a good buy, Redmond again I can''t believe we got him for 3.2 million all in! what a piece of business and Olsson & Hooper are about the going rate for their quality.

All in all how can anyone complain, just hope that our Manager and coaching staff can get the best out of this squad, because if they can then there is nor reason why we can''t reach the top 10.

Fer and Redmond were our best deals I think due to the players themselves being fantastic, but also spending just £7.2m on two of our best players.

I believe both will leave us within 3 years for high prices.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]That''s a fair point Jim and with the progress we have made it can never been down to any one or two persons. Whilst I agree with your sentiments, I think the key elements in the fantastic advance in the club, were Delia and MWJ steadfast attitude when we were in dire straits to the point where they asked the agm ''what would you do?'' The financial institution(s) who wanted or insisted Bowkett as chairman, the choice of McNally and the subsequent choice of Lambert.

The subsequent development of the board, all backed by the tremendously loyal support the club enjoys.

With the bad luck we have had over the years e.g. qualifying for Europe and then England being disqualified, certainly the t.v. money is erm nice![/quote]
Probably why the gave money for nothing