Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

What made me proud on Sunday

Within 2 minutes of kick off the massed ranks of the snake pit and the Barclay stood up and sung with all there hearts '' we support our local team we support our local team.

A huge statement to the plastic population as to what our club is all about. Not me going on about it but thousands of our most fanatical supporters.

Plastics take note

It''s not the plastics that go to games. That''s pretty much the whole point.

Chelsea got what, 2000, 2500 tickets? And like us, they will have systems in place to allow regular customers access to those tickets first.

Also what''s wrong with supporting a successful club? I''d never want to, but why shouldn''t someone? The amount of fans that get so upset and angry when their team isn''t playing well and not winning things, never really happy is shocking. You need some enjoyment from this, if you can''t get that supporting your local side, if none of your family do for whatever reason, what on earth is wrong with supporting one of the big clubs? They are big clubs for a reason...

You must have had a good stream to hear that Waveney the two Russian commentators on my stream drowned out the crowd noise apart from one particularly loud bloke with a Lowestoft accent who kept shouting "Drive the beggar out"

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It''s not the plastics that go to games. That''s pretty much the whole point.

Chelsea got what, 2000, 2500 tickets? And like us, they will have systems in place to allow regular customers access to those tickets first.

Also what''s wrong with supporting a successful club? I''d never want to, but why shouldn''t someone? The amount of fans that get so upset and angry when their team isn''t playing well and not winning things, never really happy is shocking. You need some enjoyment from this, if you can''t get that supporting your local side, if none of your family do for whatever reason, what on earth is wrong with supporting one of the big clubs? They are big clubs for a reason...[/quote]because following that logic you would not have a consistent supporter base, you would simply have a ever transient population of ''supporters'' who move from one successful club to anotherthey are not necessarily successful because they have a big fan base - it is the other way round, and on that basis binners should now renounce their former allegiance and become canaries and if we were to fall they should then move onto the next successful club............... and your word for those folk is supporters I doubt that''s the word others would use

[quote user="Mungo Lloyd"]You must have had a good stream to hear that Waveney the two Russian commentators on my stream drowned out the crowd noise apart from one particularly loud bloke with a Lowestoft accent who kept shouting "Drive the beggar out"
[/quote]

It was live on Sky Mungo, which I''m pretty sure is the source of the OP''s knowledge of what the crowd were singing.

It''s just a way of winding up fans who follow big teams like Chelsea, that''s all.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It''s not the plastics that go to games. That''s pretty much the whole point.

Also what''s wrong with supporting a successful club? I''d never want to, but why shouldn''t someone? The amount of fans that get so upset and angry when their team isn''t playing well and not winning things, never really happy is shocking. You need some enjoyment from this, if you can''t get that supporting your local side, if none of your family do for whatever reason, what on earth is wrong with supporting one of the big clubs? They are big clubs for a reason...[/quote]You should be OK if you stick with Norwich then......[:D]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Within 2 minutes of kick off the massed ranks of the snake pit and the Barclay stood up and sung with all there hearts '' we support our local team we support our local team. A huge statement to the plastic population as to what our club is all about. Not me going on about it but thousands of our most fanatical supporters. Plastics take note[/quote]

If ever a chant says "little Norwich" its that ''we support our local team'' one.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Within 2 minutes of kick off the massed ranks of the snake pit and the Barclay stood up and sung with all there hearts '' we support our local team we support our local team. A huge statement to the plastic population as to what our club is all about. Not me going on about it but thousands of our most fanatical supporters. Plastics take note[/quote]

If ever a chant says "little Norwich" its that ''we support our local team'' one.

[/quote]

Actually, I believe it says more about our passionate support and large local fanbase

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Actually, I believe it says more about our passionate support and large local fanbase

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Within 2 minutes of kick off the massed ranks of the snake pit and the Barclay stood up and sung with all there hearts '' we support our local team we support our local team.

A huge statement to the plastic population as to what our club is all about. Not me going on about it but thousands of our most fanatical supporters.

Plastics take note[/quote]

LOL, what made me more proud was the way the players conducted themselves on the pitch.Plastics know they are plastic and dont really give a shit, I spoke to 10 Chelski fans on sunday, one (funny this ) was a Russian couple and the other 8 were all proper Laaaanders.I think you will find most of the Chelsea plastics are at oldest late teens.Better off saving the chant for Manure and Liverpool

The Cure wrote a song called Plastic Passion, it''s on their first album, three imaginary boys, I suspect Waveney listens to it daily.

I wish I was a proper fan Waveney, and not a plastic. I can only aspire to be as great as you. You''re the best for going to every game and showing us how it''s done.

You''re my hero.