Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

If I had £25m

I''d tell the club to get building that extra capacity. I wouldn''t want us to do it and compromise our player budget so I agree with their decision at the moment.

1. It would look great as we already have the nice new Jarrold Stand, 2 decent ends and just could do with a nicer main stand. I''d also look to improve the facilities inside, as i''ve been in the dressing rooms etc and was pretty underwhelmed with some of it.

2. They''d see return on their investment eventually. Even if we floated around the top 2 levels, i still think we''d see enough fans turn up long term to justify the increase.

3. It might even help attract more money/ players/ business to the area having a nice new main stand.

4. Existing affected season ticket holders could be dealt with by compensation or free season tickets the next season in the new stand for a year. I wonder if some of the stand could be kept to help a bit with demand while we sort the rest out?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d tell the club to get building that extra capacity. I wouldn''t want us to do it and compromise our player budget so I agree with their decision at the moment. 1. It would look great as we already have the nice new Jarrold Stand, 2 decent ends and just could do with a nicer main stand. I''d also look to improve the facilities inside, as i''ve been in the dressing rooms etc and was pretty underwhelmed with some of it. 2. They''d see return on their investment eventually. Even if we floated around the top 2 levels, i still think we''d see enough fans turn up long term to justify the increase. 3. It might even help attract more money/ players/ business to the area having a nice new main stand. 4. Existing affected season ticket holders could be dealt with by compensation or free season tickets the next season in the new stand for a year. I wonder if some of the stand could be kept to help a bit with demand while we sort the rest out?[/quote]

No you wouldn''t, its very easy to say it when you know you haven''t got it!

To rephrase:

If I had £25m to spare (after building my own mansion filled with a haarem of stunning women and it''s own theme park inside)

Ignore the heckler Jimmy we know what you meant. Being an international week poor Wiz is at a loose end, he''d normally be on the oppositions messageboards by now telling them how cr@p we are guess he doesn''t speak much Albanian....

if i had 25 million spare id be looking at getting mike phelan as head coach/assistant manager, signing zaha on loan in january, and buying alfred finnbogason

I think the club could fund Zaha on their own on loan and also think there''d be the money there for Alf too if we wanted to buy him.

If we are going to splash the cash, i''d like either a ball playing CB to play alongside/ challenge Bassong or a Michu type, someone a cross between Wes, Elmander and Howson. Basically a tall AMC that can score, pass and get stuck in. I don''t think there are many of them around though! We bid on Toivonen who is seemingly that kind of player and hopefully have a few irons in the fire. I know we''d have beaten Hull if we''d had that missing link with the amount of possesion we had in the final third that game.

Saying all that, I feel now is not the time for a marquee £25m signing. The fact is that the stadium expansion is being held back because we need the money we have to go on players.

I also don''t think there''s much of a difference between what £8m can buy you and what £20m can, so for that reason, I don''t think i''d give the club my hypothetical £25m just to spend on players unless there was a buy out clause for a particularly special player and he''d be interested in coming.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 10/10/2013 11:03 AM:

"To rephrase:

If I had £25m to spare (after building my own mansion filled with a haarem of stunning women and it''s own theme park inside) "

Oh, you''re 14 years old aren''t you?

No, but I''d maybe think like one with millions of pounds to spend! In a way, i''ll never grow up, i''ll just learn how to act grown up in public! I said the above comments more in jest. If you can''t enjoy a good theme park (discounting medical reasons etc) then in my opinion, you''re not worth my time!

My real things i''d spend it on are probably not as interesting as what I put! I''d be thinking of my family and charity a lot more

I''d build a big fat arena, a 40k seater,

Right in the middle of the town.

Retractable roof, and the best pitch below.

There would be one long staircase just going up,

And one even longer coming down,

And one more leading nowhere, just for show.

If I had £25mill I''d go on a five year long drug and booze fuelled ''Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'' style bender, alternating between Ibiza, Las Vegas and Monaco. I''d sp$nk the money on women, Champagne and huge hotel bills.

By the time 2018 rolls round I''d look like Ozzy Osbourne, I''d be bankrupt and spend a few years shouting at cars along the Newmarket Road, the local children nicknaming me ''The Mad Tramp''.

Eventually a local journalist would discover my story making me a celebrity and I''d enjoy a renaissance period selling my story around the world, I''d discover a healthy lifestyle and become a health guru.  My name would become Beth Gaga Shaggy and I''d spend the next five years building a global health empire becoming a billionaire. I''d remember my days when I ''only'' had £25mill and laugh at my crazy days. At this stage I''d buy NCFC and install McNally, who''d still be at the club but more in a ambassadorial role, as my P.A.

Only then will we see our new City Stand, and it will be magnificent.

Jonzey, you still haven''t addressed the issue of where the supporters go when the stand is being rebuilt.

No-one has yet to convince me that the multiple airship system will not provide a solution.

Maybe they could all sit round the edges like in that FA Cup final in the 50s. All we''d need is a white police horse to keep them off the pitch.

[quote user="Jonzey"]Maybe they could all sit round the edges like in that FA Cup final in the 50s. All we''d need is a white police horse to keep them off the pitch.[/quote]the 1950''sthe one where the Wanderers beat the Royal Engineers by 113 for 2

"4. Existing affected season ticket holders could be dealt with by

compensation or free season tickets the next season in the new stand for

a year. I wonder if some of the stand could be kept to help a bit with

demand while we sort the rest out?
"

This is a worrying thought that the above is not a pee take