Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

I support my local team

I live 30 miles from Norwich,30 miles from Ipswich,30 miles from Cambridge, and 30 miles from Kings lynn so that leaves me a dilema?? Perhaps the OP can help me solve my dilema by telling me which i should support but bare in mind that i actually live in Norfolk so that should eliminate 2 of the above 1 of those for obvious reasons.

[quote user="InchY_Van_Cureton."]I live 30 miles from Norwich,30 miles from Ipswich,30 miles from Cambridge, and 30 miles from Kings lynn so that leaves me a dilema?? Perhaps the OP can help me solve my dilema by telling me which i should support but bare in mind that i actually live in Norfolk so that should eliminate 2 of the above 1 of those for obvious reasons.[/quote]

I would give u the benefit of the doubt.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Millwall are my local team...is this not there forum? Do they not wear yellow and green? Have I made a terrible mistake?[/quote]

No u r a plastic

Christ, I''d better go buy a Brighton shirt and burn all my Norwich shirts I''ve bought over the last 20 years. Waveney has spoken.

[quote user="splutcho"]Christ, I''d better go buy a Brighton shirt and burn all my Norwich shirts I''ve bought over the last 20 years. Waveney has spoken.[/quote]

Good man👍

A gently reminder that this is not just my opinion but the massed ranks of the faithful at carra rud as witnessed on Sunday or to put it into context I am in the majority on this issue!

Not local? This is a local club, for local people. There''s nothing for you here!

Not local. Supported Norwich since I was about 8 simply because I was on holiday there once and Norwich were the first team I ever watched. And I liked their colours. Tried switching to my ''local team'' when I moved for university. Didnt work, as I never truly loved them the way I love Norwich. Some things are engrained onto you when you are young and impressionable. Usually you''re local. My local team is Derby, or Burton Albion. But I never felt the love. Cant say why

I support the team that was local to where I grew up, but I also support Norwich and have done for over twenty years now, does that make me a plastic?

(Just as a bit of background I was born in West Cumbria so have supported Carlisle all my life, the Premiership starting coincided with me going to secondary school so I felt I had to support someone in that, didn''t want to be a plastic and follow Man Utd/Liverpool as my friends did, my family supported Leeds and I couldn''t debase myself that much so I chose Norwich, they played good football and no one I knew supported them so there you go. Many years and many highs and more lows later, I''m still here and hopefully my son will follow in my wake the way I didn''t in my Dad''s. Incidentally, would that make him a plastic? Our local team these days would be Gillingham and I couldn''t do that to the la''al lad)...

Thanks Waveney, now that''s cleared up I shall sleep better at night as I''m sure that''s what has been disturbing me for over half my life... You haven''t cleared up my second question though, is the son of a plastic a plastic? If so then I''m at a loss what to do with him, he can''t go through life as a Gills supporter

You haven''t said who your local team is yet. Waveney covers a big area. The council being in Suffolk.........

So what should I do oh Waveney, the font of all supporter validation? I recognise that it is now to late to save myself, but to save others from being tainted by the touch of a plastic I shall banish myself from not only this forum but also all matches and forever more carry around a bell and a giant yellow flag so that others can identify me as the hopeless plastic I am and avoid me. What can I do to save my first born though? If he can''t follow in the footsteps of his old man then is he cursed to go through life as a floating supporter? Should I steer him away from football altogether lest the sins of the father be cast upon the son? Should I just admit defeat now and sacrifice him to the lords of plastic so that I may have some absolution?

Please oh Waveney, guide me! I was lost but now am found, what hope do I have of regaining my place amongst the realms of the real supporter?

If Waveney is the opposite that must make him a big fat slab of rock, perhaps he is granite! Or maybe that''s too extreme, perhaps it should be wood. Yeah that''s it Waveney is a massive plank!

Waveny Canary. The most idiotic, moronic and disliked imbecile to ever post on this forum, and there have been some prize examples before.

[quote user="star_manic"]Waveny Canary. The most idiotic, moronic and disliked imbecile to ever post on this forum, and there have been some prize examples before.[/quote]

That may well be true but why don''t u support your local team as we proud canaries do?