Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

I support my local team

I supported my local team in Norwich for 22 years before I moved to East Sussex about 3 weeks ago. Should I support Brighton now Waveney?

Yours truly, a worried plastic.

Nah I was actually born outside Old Trafford, delivered by Sir Alex himself, but decided I wanted some real glory so decided to support Norwich.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I support my local team. Do you support your local team? If not why not?[/quote]
F**k off to the Lowestoft Town forum then. 

As a kid I grew up in Cardiff between 1995 -2002. I certainly wasn''t following us for the glory back then.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I support my local team. Do you support your local team? If not why not?[/quote]

I am not local but I support Norwich.  My father supported Norwich.  I lived in Norwich from birth to eighteen and supported my local team then - Norwich.    A true supporter can''t change his allegiance so it doesn''t matter if I live in Norwich, the Lake District or  Tokyo,  I will always be a Norwich supporter and go to as many matches as I can.   So go on then - tell me again what relevance does "local" have to being a Norwich supporter?  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]I support my local team. Do you support your local team? If not why not?[/quote]

I am not local but I support Norwich.  My father supported Norwich.  I lived in Norwich from birth to eighteen and supported my local team then - Norwich.    A true supporter can''t change his allegiance so it doesn''t matter if I live in Norwich, the Lake District or  Tokyo,  I will always be a Norwich supporter and go to as many matches as I can.   So go on then - tell me again what relevance does "local" have to being a Norwich supporter?  

[/quote]

Plastic

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Waveney Canary"]I support my local team. Do you support your local team? If not why not?[/quote]

[/quote]
I couldn''t give a monkeys about this "local team" rubbish. I was born and raised in Norwich, my dad was a Norwich fan, so was my grandad.
I didn''t have my "local team" I had my "family team", I was born into a family of Norwich fans. If my dad was a Chelsea fan then I''d probably have been in the away end at the weekend.
Somebody called "Waveney Canary" could well live in Halesworth, which is 21 miles from Norwich and 23 miles from Ipswich. I wonder which one qualifies as his "local team", because I know it is in Suffolk, and if Norwich is a "Norfolk club" then what is Ipswich? 
Funny how everybody gets called a binner by the Motley Crew on here until a real one appears, they all go silent then. 

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Le juge u truly are a weirdo[/quote]

Try looking at yourself in a mirror if you dare, you may see what weird really is.  You will see a troll like character who has nothing better to do than try and wind up decent supporters on a fan''s message board, who follow their team from all over the world.   You only make yourself look like an idiot.   Congratulations.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Le juge u truly are a weirdo[/quote]
Coming from you I take that as a compliment.

I dont know the intent of the question, perhaps its designed to out the binners or "plastics" or, is it just a genuine question of interest and to stimulate some interesting feedback? Anyway, I will go for the latter....

I was born in Leicester, but the family moved to Norwich when I was one and then onto Hopton-on-Sea near Great Yarmouth when I was four. Before I moved to the UAE I was living in Poringland, ideal for a quick drive home after a match. There was absolutely no interest in football in the family until me, so I was introduced to Norwich City by a neighbour as a young lad just around the time I thought I liked Spurs.....a narrow escape from being a Spurs fan (although I do keep a small interest in them) and from being a Leicester City fan I guess.

If you look at my "local team" right now in Dubai, then it would be a team called Al Wasl, they play in the UAE Pro League, I have no interest in them and there is limited interest in teams over here being interested in ex pats either.

So, I have been a City fan since I was six or seven in the mid sixties, they are certainly my local professional team in terms of where I have lived for the majority of my life and the one big downside living over here is that I cant get to enough games, really miss it, more than you would think.

Despite to close on fifty year supporting Norwich City, probably having watched them live at Carrow Road and away many hundreds of times, spending a lot of money following them  Europe,breaking my neck to try to get to a game when I am in the UK, watching every game live over here even if it means cutting work short occasionally...........I have been called a "plastic" by a so called supporter on this board. Consequently, if this question was designed to out the plastics then I have been outed! OTBC    

I think I support my local team, I was born within 2 miles of carrow rd.

there should be an exclusion zone of 5 miles set up around the ground and only let those inside that zone in, to any ground

[:P][8-)][:D]

I left the fine City at 17, but 30 or so years later it is still in my blood and I am remarkably peed off on a Saturday night if we lose. My local team now is probably Brentford. I should maybe go and support them, but I wouldn''t want to be accused of being a glory hunter. If a genuine attempt at a debate it is an interesting question though for those who support City but have never lived there.

Spawned and raised in Lowestoft, only ever supported Norwich since late 1957..........thank God for my dads driving, British Rail, Belle and Mascot Coaches (away games)

OTBC.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]OP - who is your local team? I mean truly local, not the nearest fancy top flight teams, truly your local team?[/quote]

The OP has been careful not to say he supports Norwich.  I think we can safely assume his "local team" isn''t in the premier league.

Slightly more seriously than my last post on this topic. I agree to an extent of supporting your local team (just not if I were to find myself anywhere in Suffolk, Liverpool or Manchester). I was born in Norwich, grew up in the city and had a season ticket in my youth. I have followed them through thick and thin, normally thin at the various away grounds I have been to and seen them play. Since reaching my 18th birthday though I have lived a bit of a nomadic lifestyle and all of the towns and cities I called home did not have a professional team in the top two tiers of English football, which meant that City never came to town. [:(]So I decided to do just what the OP suggested and I would go and watch my local team and it resulted in me seeing some of the best games of best games of football I have ever seen, Bristol Rovers 6-2 victory over Oxford Utd in the 2000-01 season being one of the most memorable. I will of course always be a Norwich City fan until the day I die whether I live in Norwich, Edinburgh, New York or Mumbai. But at the same time, you can''t beat the atmosphere of at a live game, so if you do live away from Norwich I highly recommend that you visit a lower league team (if you live in England) or just get to a game if you are an ex-pat. You never know you might just enjoy it. [;)]