Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Move the goalposts?

Just reading the rehashed comments from Bowkett & McNasty, it seems that the goalposts have moved for Hughton and the team.

We need to finish in the top 10, yet not to achieve European competition for next season. That''s narrowed it down to positions 5 - 10 plus ensuring we DO NOT win the cup.

Quite a small target to aim at, have I read it wrong?

You have chosen to misrepresent what they have saidnowhere does it state about a ''need'' to finish in the top tenwhat was said was "“But the ambition of the football club – and Chris knows this – is continuous improvement."and that would mean finishing above 11th - an aim, not need(however it does rather blow a hole in the twaddle from the ever so ''umble who claimed the clubs'' target was 17th place)

nor was there anything said about "not to achieve European competition for next season"that is again merely something you have made upBowkett when asked, simply pointed out that playing in Europe was not worth it as it would cost more than it would make

[quote user="Number 9"] That''s narrowed it down to positions 5 - 10 [/quote]
What? You what? You sure you have those numbers right? Think you will find that you get into Europe by finishing 1st to 6th, what has position 5 got to do with anything?

I asked if I had read it wrong.

So we don''t NEED to finish top ten, just a target spoken about by Bowkett.

McNasty went to great lengths to explain how a run in the European Cup would cost the club money, unless the competition was won.

Ok Lejuge, shall we say positions 7 - 10?

i think moving the crossbar would be more help if that was the case.