Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

I support my local shop.

I support my corner shop up to a point.

If I run out of milk or bog rolls i''ll walk the 50 metres or so to get them but other than that I drive 3 miles to my nearest megastore.... which i guess is still fairly local.

if that''s any help?

I don''t like my local shop. Some dodgy youths hang around outside quite often, so I go to the shop in the opposite direction, its about 50 yards further away, but no dodgy youths, so its a lose/win really!

Used to go in there as I''ve got a soft spot for Delia Smith''s Chocolate Whip.

But not any more since I saw Mungo and Waveney in there boring the pants off everyone about just how loooooooocal they are.

I suggested a BOGOF.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I visit both my local shop both the nearest branch but also travel to other branches as well. Only a true supporter goes home and away.[/quote]Unlike my local shop yours clearly do not bear a sign to the effect that they do not accept plastic if they permit you to shop there. [:P]

I support Aldi because they were named Grocer of the Year 2013 and took home 16 Gold and 10 Silver at the Grocer Own Label awards, more than any other supermarket!

My local shop is yellow and green. I bet there are people on here whose local shop is blue and white.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"]I support Aldi because they were named Grocer of the Year 2013 and took home 16 Gold and 10 Silver at the Grocer Own Label awards, more than any other supermarket!

[/quote]Glory shopper

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I visit both my local shop both the nearest branch but also travel to other branches as well. Only a true supporter goes home and away.[/quote]

Waveney, I bet you use a TROLLee when you shop!!

[quote user="Brightside"]

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I visit both my local shop both the nearest branch but also travel to other branches as well. Only a true supporter goes home and away.[/quote]

Waveney, I bet you use a TROLLee when you shop!!

[/quote]

This raised a smile on my otherwise miserable face

Wherever I live I support my local shop. I do this here in Dubai despite them marking up by a riduiculous level every item that a European ex-pat would purchase and then clearly looking for every opportunity to fleece me. This is however balanced by the fact that they insist on packing the bags for me and even carry them to the car if I wish....oh, and as a thank you for me allowing them to rip off me and my family all year they present us with a present each Christmas Eve probably worth no more than a fiver.....but still I support my local store, although where possible we drive to another supermarket a couple of kms up the road who''s colours happen to be yellow & green, feels more like home. 

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"]Since I moved my local shop is now more than 160 miles away which to be honest is a bit far to go for a paper.
[/quote]

Why the heck did you move your local shop, was it really that bad?[:^)]