Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

extra seats.

Now I''m no civil engineer or anything like, but its been bugging me for some time I have written to the club on this matter, not about a second tier on the city stand, but in between the Barclay and the Hotel, could it be possible to extend the top tier and link up to the Hotel, this I''m sure could be done with Steel Girders remove a section of wall so access could be made from the upper E, no need to put any other stairway in place,

Now where did I put my tin hat.  

the simple flaw being that the cost would almost certainly not be covered by ticket income so the club would be in fact subsidising fans attending games

Actually have to agree with City1st for once on this subject. Even if feasible (which it probably isn''t) it would cost a fortune and give us very few seats.
The only way that we are ever going to significantly increase capacity is to knock down and replace the City Stand, Snakepit, and Wensum corner and rebuild them all with two tiers. 
Unless we can negotiate the purchase of the hotel and knock it down. That would be expensive also, but money worth spending considering how bloody ugly it is.