Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

10 People who played the biggest part........

http://www.pinkun.com/home/who_are_the_10_people_who_played_biggest_role_in_getting_norwich_city_from_league_one_to_debt_free_in_premier_league_1_2867556

My 10

1. McNally

2. Lambert

3. Grant Holt - Awesome in League 1, Championship and Premier League.

4. Wes Hoolahan - As above

5. Leeds United - Ok not a person! But still a big reason!

6. Korey Smith - Awesome in League one

7. Chris Martin - As above

8. David Fox - That ball!

9. Tony Mowbray - For hammering Cardiff prior to that ball!!

10. Bryan Gunn - For signing Holt and Keeping Hoolahan.    

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Delia, MWJ and Bowkett should be in there ahead of others!

FF and Ruddy ahead of Korey![/quote]

I think Korey was very underrated that year. We had no money to buy that kind of midfielder and had to promote from within. He stepped up to the plate and delivered big time. Yes FF and Ruddy were class but you essentially need an effective Midfielder more.

There''s lots of players that could be named! Oli Johnson & Simeon Jackson scored crucial goals. Lansbury and Crofts took over from Korey Smith and Daryl Russell and did the same job in the championship. The list is endless really.

I''ve just has a YouTube hour. As its good for the soul and this story reminded me of the great moments of the last few years. If ever you become disheartened with  Norwich City get on YouTube and watch;

Norwich 3-2 Derby - Radio Norfolk commentary of cause!

Pompey 0-1 Norwich

Norwich 4-1 Ipswich

Ipswich 1- 5 Norwich

Norwich 2-1 Southend

Colchester 0-5 Norwich

Norwich 1-0 Leeds

It soon sorts you out!!   

Bryan Gunn? The only reason that man should make the list is because he was THAT bad things had to improve, so I suppose you could argue that Gunn would be in top 10, but only because of the fact that he''s possibly the worst manager in our history, so is important because it took that to get Lambert.

My 10:

1. Delia Smith/Michael Wynn Jones

2. Michael Foulger

3. David McNally

4. Paul Lambert

5. Grant Holt

6. Wes Hoolahan

7. Ian Culverhouse/Gary Karsa

8. Chris Hughton

9. The 96th minute vs. Derby County

10. Dirty, filthy Leeds United.

My top ten would include the 12th man, the fans who didn''t desert the club and give up. The stadium was mostly sold out all the way through the adventure which is remarkable, especially when you see the rows of empty seats at the big clubs on the Football League Show.

there''s no way Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones should be on this list?, they together with Neil Doncaster made a succesion of poor decisions that took us down to League One!. Through the relinqusihing front line decsions over to David McNally allowed our path back to the Premier league.

1.lambert2.mcnally3.holt4.culverhouse5.ruddy6.simeon jackson7.russell martin8.fraser forster9.gary karsa10. delia & co

1. Grant Holt

2. Wes Hoolahan

3. Paul Lambert

4. Leeds Utd

5. Ipswich Town (for 6 points helping us on our way)

6. David Mcnally

7. Delia & MWJ

8. Dave Jones for a monumental cock up on the penultimate game

9. Simeon Jackson for 6 weeks good form

10. Chris Martin for a great League One season and a solid Championship one

[quote user="iron_stan"]1.lambert2.mcnally3.holt4.culverhouse5.ruddy6.simeon jackson7.russell martin8.fraser forster9.gary karsa10. delia & co[/quote]

Why Gary Karsa Stan? I''m not saying he shouldn''t be there just hoping I''m finally going to find out what he did so that I can decide whether to include him in my list.

1. Delia / MWJ - for sticking with us, getting rid of Doomcaster and bailing us out with more money

2. McNally - for appointing Lambert and Co and for his astute business brains

3. Lambert - for getting 110% out of each and every player regardless of their ability

4. Culverhouse - as above

5. Karsa - as above, apparently !

Grant Holt - immense in League One and raised his game to confound his critics in Champs and Prem

6. The fans - for sticking with the club in their 1000s despite being in League One

7. Foulger - again, always prepared to dig deep into his own pocket when we really needed him

8. Bowkett - was obviously very influential in persuading the financial institutions to re structure the debt in Autumn 09 when administration was looking likely

9 and 10 - maybe Simeon and Wessi but not sure really

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]there''s no way Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones should be on this list?, they together with Neil Doncaster made a succesion of poor decisions that took us down to League One!. Through the relinqusihing front line decsions over to David McNally allowed our path back to the Premier league.[/quote]David McNally would argue with you........"Chief executive David McNally added: “With Delia and Michael we are very

lucky. We’ve said that we are about the 19th or 20th richest club in

the league but having Delia and Michael as the majority shareholders is a

huge competitive advantage and I’m glad they’re here because they are

very good at running a football club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="iron_stan"]1.lambert2.mcnally3.holt4.culverhouse5.ruddy6.simeon jackson7.russell martin8.fraser forster9.gary karsa10. delia & co[/quote]

Why Gary Karsa Stan? I''m not saying he shouldn''t be there just hoping I''m finally going to find out what he did so that I can decide whether to include him in my list.

[/quote]

i was always under the impression he was in a director of football type role and partly responsible for player recruitment, tbf i think the staff that were brought made such a huge difference to the club they deserve most of the credit, we didnt have the greatest squad and they continuously over performed game after game to the point where even the 2nd string were effective

and12. neil warnock/matthew connolly/qpr

Surely there is only one person who was instrumental in our success story. Paul Lambert, who built  a very good team of several young players of average ability who always gave him 100 per cent.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

http://www.pinkun.com/home/who_are_the_10_people_who_played_biggest_role_in_getting_norwich_city_from_league_one_to_debt_free_in_premier_league_1_2867556

My 10

1. McNally

2. Lambert

3. Grant Holt - Awesome in League 1, Championship and Premier League.

4. Wes Hoolahan - As above

5. Leeds United - Ok not a person! But still a big reason!

6. Korey Smith - Awesome in League one

7. Chris Martin - As above

8. David Fox - That ball!

9. Tony Mowbray - For hammering Cardiff prior to that ball!!

10. Bryan Gunn - For signing Holt and Keeping Hoolahan.    

[/quote]Yeah, that''s pretty much it I think- might switch out Korey for Michael Nelson however.I think I''m taking this whole list thing too seriously.

All the people from all the lists played a part but if it wasn''t for the owners and supporters who stood by their club in 2009 none of what followed would have happened.

Lambert has to be top of the list and without the banks agreeing to our proposals for repayment of the debt we would have been right royally bankered.

Delia and MWJ were part of the regime that took us down to the 3rd division, so do they therefore deserve to be included in the list?[:^)]

Special mention must also go out to Michelle Theoclitoris.[Y]

Yesterday I emailed my suggestion;

"I will throw in Neil Doncaster for having the foresight, by putting the Club first

(*cough* *cough*) to resign at the right time, enabling us to get David McNally in his place."

I got a very positive reply, but alas, it wasn''t included in the list published today :(