Sign in to follow this  
Doctorsleep

Football violence

Watching the tv program on the 70''s. Football hooliganism taking hold because of the lack of dads and grandads in the crowd casting disapproving looks. At least that''s what the editor thinks!

Still recon there are a few of the old NHS hanging around, pink faces and beer bellies, role models for the youngsters now showing in the crowd?

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]Watching the tv program on the 70''s. Football hooliganism taking hold because of the lack of dads and grandads in the crowd casting disapproving looks. At least that''s what the editor thinks!

Still recon there are a few of the old NHS hanging around, pink faces and beer bellies, role models for the youngsters now showing in the crowd?[/quote]
If football hooliganism is making a comeback then it is much more likely due to a series of crap 21st century movies starring people like Danny Dyer than a lack of grandads. 

No.

But there does seem to be a bit more about than there was 5/10 years ago. But mostly isolated incidents. And from what I know of the ''golden age'' of football hooliganism the few dodgy recent events pale in insignificance. It could of course be leading to something a bit bigger, but I don''t think so.

There have always been stupid people going to football matches. Some stupid people used to go just looking for a fight with no interest in Football (My Grandad had a ''friend'' when he was doing National Service in the 50s I think, who went to Chelsea games every week, when he was asked about the match on Monday he wouldn''t have a clue because he went to get in fights. Apparently anyway.). Basically things like the Newcastle fans kicking off a few months back is no different to drunken idiots during a night out.

As far as i''m concerned football hooliganism is a more organised and wide spread ordeal. Nothing like that at the moment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/248740/Football_Arrest_BO_Statistics_2012-13.pdf

It appears that according to arrests statisitics hooliganism isn''t ''rearing it''s ugly head again.'' It is still a problem but it is less of a problem.

Interestingly we have the 2nd fewest banning orders in the Premier League behind Fulham.

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]Your right, it was more like organised warfare in the bad old days.[/quote]

What makes you think that Doc?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Danny Dyer has been in one football hooligan film.[/quote]
1. That''s why I said "people like Danny Dyer".
2. He has also been involved in a documentary called "Football Hooligans International", the TV series "The Real Football Factories", and stalked plenty of football hooligans for "Britain''s Deadliest Men". 
3. Danny Dyer is precisely the type of person that skinny 9 stone Stone Island wearing cider-swigging chavs idolise, and just like Dyer they have probably never beaten anybody up in their life. 
4. Danny Dyer clearly gets aroused by football hooligans. 
Apple and pears, apple and pears, pukka innit luv. 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Leave my Danny alone.[/quote]
Sorry boss, eeza propa nawty cockney geezer.